Sign in to follow this  
skipjack

Relative FRAME Performance of NGX

The 2D panel has better performance than the VC right now (as to be expected), that's all we can say. When development is finished, we plan on producing a guide explaining what to expect on machines with various system specs.I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.
If you do the i5 overclocking guide, will that be ok to use for the i7 to? After I get a new case and a H70 for my CPU I am looking forward to getting it overclocked to see how FSX runs.

I'm also thinking about producing a detailed guide complete with pictures on how to build and configure an overclocked Sandy Bridge i5 2500K system for those who want to upgrade just ahead of the release.
Please do so! Once I start my new job I'll start saving for a new computer. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I understand that PMDG is still optimising this thing, but there are ultimately three possibilities:

• the NGX is better than the MD-11 in FPS;
  • the NGX is approximately the same as the MD-11 in FPS;
  • the NGS is worse than the MD-11 in FPS.

The responses from PMDG to performance questions lead me to assume that either the second or third of those possibilities applies to the current build of the NGX, notwithstanding that it is still being optimised. I'm sure that if it was better in performance than the MD-11, we would have been told that. The talk from PMDG of performance "ranges" (a range being of imprecise and potentially very broad definition); "similar" performance (again ambiguous); continued optimisation; and guides to building a Sandy Bridge system (!!!!), do not instill the greatest confidence in me that this is going to be an FPS-friendly product.Regards,Justin J

Tom... I'm curious, and don't take this the wrong way... it's just that I've always been perplexed because it happens quite often.Why would someone take someone else's YouTube video and post it on their own channel?
I have the slightest idea why one would do that.

I understand that PMDG is still optimising this thing, but there are ultimately three possibilities:
  • the NGX is better than the MD-11 in FPS;
  • the NGX is approximately the same as the MD-11 in FPS;
  • the NGS is worse than the MD-11 in FPS.

The responses from PMDG to performance questions lead me to assume that either the second or third of those possibilities applies to the current build of the NGX, notwithstanding that it is still being optimised. I'm sure that if it was better in performance than the MD-11, we would have been told that. The talk from PMDG of performance "ranges" (a range being of imprecise and potentially very broad definition); "similar" performance (again ambiguous); continued optimisation; and guides to building a Sandy Bridge system (!!!!), do not instill the greatest confidence in me that this is going to be an FPS-friendly product.Regards,Justin J

I would imagine they are doing thier best but it is the ultimate ng sim, and some performance has to be lost in order to accurately sim the systems.That being said, i would imagine if we can run the js41 fine, the ngx will perform better?

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I just hope the NGX avoids the artifact bugs that the JS41 has when at high detail settings.

@JusJPMDG dev's have already stated that the NGX is on-par with their similar previous products.

@JusJPMDG dev's have already stated that the NGX is on-par with their similar previous products.
But then again - on my system anyways - all previous add's performs different. The MD11 is a smooth x100, never problems either in VC or 2D, the 747 is alittle heavier esp. @ bigger airports with alot of weather and the J41 is one though little ###### ;) (Tough, settings are almost maxed so there might be an idea to meet somewhere in the middle with the NGX)

I was actually thinking of buying the JS41 ever since demoing ORBX AU.So if you can run the JS41 fine, you will run the NGX fine?

I think that's the general consensus. PMDG has stated their unofficial, internal, subject to change performance target was better than the JS. Also, the JS41 is one nice little airplane. It's loads of fun to fly.

Joe Sherrill

Not too long ago, I had an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 OC'd to 3.5GHz with a paltry 8800GTX 768mb video card and the NGX performed fine for me. Now I've got an i5 2500K system and it is even nicer, but I'm not going to say what kind of FPS I am getting yet... :-)Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

For best frame rates you need a good processor with motherboard. I have i7-950 Quad, X58 3X SLI Motherboard and EVGA 470 GTX Graphics card and 6 DDR3 MEM. With the PMDG Jetstream 41 I am running around 25 to 30 FPS with ORBX scenery. For the best frame rates you need to think about the processor. The PMDG J41 take a heavly load on FPS. It looks like the new NGX is double that. I do not know how they are going to keep good FPS with so much detail but hey, that is why maybe its taking so long. Personally i will wait for others to report on the forum when it comes out before i buy. If they report great FPS then I will buy. But if I here alot of bad on FPS like 8 or 9 then i am out of this purchase. Good luck.

The NGX is still under development tho. I remember them saying that it performed very well about a year ago, much better than the MD-11. Lately they have been saying that it performs about equal to the MD-11. As the plane becomes more complex and more and more features are being added we can expect the framerate to drop as well. It would be foolish of them to guarantee a certain relative performance of an addon that havent finished development yet

I don't think you can make any kind of apples to apples comparison. I think it all comes down to how much optimization the dev team does. The systems on the J41 are very detailed in comparison to the CS 707 and I get much better FPS with the J41. The J41 has just as beautiful a VC as the 707 and the underlying code is probably more complex. So it's just not possible to speculate on what sort of FPS you will get on the NGX by what you get with another add-on. We'll just have to wait and see. By what the devs have said though I'm very opptimistic about what we'll see. If the NGX is close to the J41 in FPS I think we'll all be really happy.Hiram Hunt

It looks like the new NGX is double that.
Nah not for me, and that was on an E6600 CPU, I mentioned it was nicer on an i5 2500K. But I was able to run the J41 well on an E6600, no complaints in the FPS department there. Take what you want from that, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised...Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64