Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

And another video in cruise at night
TB
cool, thanks for sharing!115 knots of tailwind? isn't that a lot? :(

cool, thanks for sharing!115 knots of tailwind? isn't that a lot? :(
No not really just a normal jetstream. 150 - 180 kts or more not unheard of.Good for tailwind but not so good going into it.

Guest Tamadeez

^reverse that ideology if your landing

Judging by the silence, something obviously didnt go as planned.

Thanks for uploading these vids. The HUD must be a great help. I wonder why it's not standard equipment these days.Looks like you're flying for Qantas? Was the HUD retrofitted? I am asking because the aircraft has the older Sperry/Honeywell MCP and I don't know whether the HUD was available on the NG from the start or if it was introduced later.

Thanks for uploading these vids. The HUD must be a great help. I wonder why it's not standard equipment these days.Looks like you're flying for Qantas? Was the HUD retrofitted? I am asking because the aircraft has the older Sperry/Honeywell MCP and I don't know whether the HUD was available on the NG from the start or if it was introduced later.
Yes your right, retrofitted. I think cost might stop it being "standard" for a while but i'm sure that will change.As far as I know the -900 requires a HUD for the tailstrike protection that it gives the longer airframe, and the 787 it will be standard.I'll try to upload a HUD's eye view of an ILS which hopefully we will all be able to do in the new sim soon.TB

If anyone is interested here is a HUD eyed view of an ILS landing at night at Brisbane (YBBN) RWY 01

TB

If anyone is interested here is a HUD eyed view of an ILS landing at night at Brisbane (YBBN) RWY 01
TB
thanks tb. did you do this since it was just uploaded recently? anyway, realized for first time that the hud has different modes, at 3:00 it changes obviously to some approach/final mode. needles to ask whether the ngx will feature that as well, I guess...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

TB
Thanks for the up. Nice landing, too.It's still quite surreal to see HUDs in civil aviation for me. I was half expecting to hear "Call the Ball" over the radio when you captured the glideslope.

thanks tb. did you do this since it was just uploaded recently? anyway, realized for first time that the hud has different modes, at 3:00 it changes obviously to some approach/final mode. needles to ask whether the ngx will feature that as well, I guess...
Yes initially in PRIMARY mode, we use it till the flaps are set for landing so the flap limit speeds are displayed. Once landing flap is set IMC mode was set to get rid of the "clutter" .AIII mode was also avail. which also provides roundout guidence and landing run rollout guidence.Well thought out system and hopefully the sim will be close to the real thing. The modes are selectable on the HGS panel on the consol.CheeersTim B

And another video in cruise at night
Never really noticed there were L/V RNP/ANP readouts even on the HUD. Great footage. :( Keep it comin' haha... Big%20Grin.gif
Good view. Sorry but what did you say passing 50' RA...? Anyways, sounds like you're having a fair bit of fun. :(
Well thought out system and hopefully the sim will be close to the real thing.
Have you seen the HUD shots of the simulation posted here in some other thread? If not you should check them out as I am sure they will convince you.sig.gif

Never really noticed there were L/V RNP/ANP readouts even on the HUD. Great footage. :( Keep it comin' haha... Big%20Grin.gifGood view. Sorry but what did you say passing 50' RA...? Anyways, sounds like you're having a fair bit of fun. :biggrin:Have you seen the HUD shots of the simulation posted here in some other thread? If not you should check them out as I am sure they will convince you.sig.gif
"2 tail now" ... a bit of tailwin starting at 50'

All of these pretty pictures to drool over, hope we see the aircraft this year, would love to fly the heck out of it, as PMDG is hands down the best developer ever, but the wait is killing us and these beautiful screen shot are like like torture to us.Michael P.

"2 tail now" ... a bit of tailwin starting at 50'
Ohhh alright then, thanks for clarifying. Neither am I a native speaker nor and even less aware of the Oz accent (is that what it's called? :(), plus the abbrev'ed lingo did its best to confuse me a tiny bit. Again, uber cool videos and please do keep them coming in case you find something to be interesting (basically everything if you ask me) LOL.gif Too bad they don't offer an F/O HUD, something I've always hated... :( BTW does anyone have a rough range of what a HUD retrofit would be in terms of $$$?sig.gif