Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

it's almost as if they face the pressure that a release date would cause, or they face the pressure of customers' impatience, anticipation and general state of annoyance. Both with pros and cons, but at least we are almost guaranteed a complete product that is as bug free as possible. I think we end up winning in the end

At this point, just released the damn thing. I'll be glad to deal with minor issues until a service pack comes out.
Personally, I would rather wait and get a version that is about as bug free as possible. If you've been watching the iFly posts it seems that there are already some small issues and some features that will be comming in service packs. While I suppose that is fine for some, I would rather wait until it includes all features and has been gone thru with a fine tooth comb like PMDG is doing.Altough the fellows at PMDG will get compaints either way. If they release now with a few bugs and a few features missing people will be hounding them to hurry with the service pack or patches. Conversly, doing it like they are doing still results in a bunch of people complaining cause they cant wait.I've been wanting this a/c for 3 years since I installed FSX, but for the life of me I cant undertand all the impatience and complaining I see here. While I wait I fly something else and try not to think about the NGX, rahter than post on the forum all day requesting more updates and release dates, which in the end isn't going to speed anything up.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

At this point, just released the damn thing. I'll be glad to deal with minor issues until a service pack comes out. This iconoclastic development/marketing method really isn't great.
I SERIOUSLY hope you're kidding right? JackColwill

Robert,Well I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with what I wrote.I was just generally frustrated and that was my brief outlet.I know, I probably did set myself up for disappointment, but I can only really go off what is written in the updates. Things like "should", "anticipate", and "soon" can be misleading depending on who's reading the update and how they interpret it.I'm finding that the way I interpret it from now on is that nothing is a certainty, which doesn't let me get my hopes up which eventually leads to being bummed.I think you said in a different post you anticipate handing it over the wide beta team tomorrow. That's cool, but I really won't put stock in it because who knows what can happen between today and tomorrow, sort of like more bugs I suspect were uncovered between last week and this one (which could explain why it didn't go to the wide beta team last week).I'm not trying to ridicule your method of giving us information or the contents, I'm really not....but I think that some of what's said in the updates are misleading. But again that's because everyone wants to believe it's coming soon so anything you feed us we take at face value (our fault). dry.gifI'm remaining hopeful as always, but c'mon, you guys showed us the "Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory" of aircraft addons and everyone here has a sweet tooth that reaches the next universe.Of course we're impatient. Can ya blame us? wink.gif
Ok, ok, ok...now I hope that "I don't step on anyone's toes", but I'm sorry, you all need to get a life!! Some of you act like your livelihood is somehow tied to when this flight sim add-on is released. Seriously people, there is so much more to life than this. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I'm looking forward to this, but hounding PMDG constantly is childish and quite rude. I don't mean to single you out AJ, I just used your post to respond to. Some of you just need to back away from your computer and go work on some relationships that you've been neglecting due to the amount of time you're fixating on PMDG. :Shocked:Mr. Stacey Weaver

+1I agree. Wonder if PMDG lose lots of customers now that iFly flying in FSX .../Carl
It's stupid in my opinion to release with known bugs, if they do that I'm quite sure you'll be the first to be here again and saying there is this or this. I don't believe the release of the iFly should change anything to this. If they are confident on their product as many people are here in their work. I'm sure it does not matter. I can't tell if it is good or not but I hardly believe the iFly will get to the same level the NGX will do. Of course it is also unfair to compare their work to PMDGs I really don't believe they have the same resources.Anyway let them finished working, and don't say nonsense as releasing a piece of software that is not up to their standard, that is the best policy they have, I completely trust them on that.

Ok, ok, ok...now I hope that "I don't step on anyone's toes", but I'm sorry, you all need to get a life!! Some of you act like your livelihood is somehow tied to when this flight sim add-on is released. Seriously people, there is so much more to life than this. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I'm looking forward to this, but hounding PMDG constantly is childish and quite rude. I don't mean to single you out AJ, I just used your post to respond to. Some of you just need to back away from your computer and go work on some relationships that you've been neglecting due to the amount of time you're fixating on PMDG. :Shocked:Mr. Stacey Weaver
Really Stacey, do you like winding people up? :( Statements like "get a life" and so on DOES NOT HELP the situation :( You need to calm down and not get wound up yourself, remember your blood pressure Stacey :(

Joe Park

Honestly, if the pogo stick can't be used for my external preflight inspection then you can count me out as a potential customer, PMDG. :(

For me, PMDG get's one week more before release. Then exams are done and then I have many many many time to fly that sexy baby thing ... well just the NGX.

I'll be glad to deal with minor issues
Well, gladly many others won't... Shame%20On%20You.gif as long as they don't belong to the intended, simulated 'issues' or quirks that will most likely make this product stant out and people will actually be glad for after all. :(sig.gif

You know, given how everybody is currently salivating for the release of this aircraft, i am of the opinion that PMDG could release the default FSX 737, stick a PMDG badge on it, charge $70 and people would still buy in droves. The really sad part is that i am one of those people! :Shocked:The PC has recently had some great games released for it, i would recommend The Witcher 2 (adults only) and Fable III. Should keep you all occupied until the release party.

Ian R Tyldesley

At this point, just released the damn thing. I'll be glad to deal with minor issues until a service pack comes out. This iconoclastic development/marketing method really isn't great.
For me, if the outstanding issues are small and dont really effect how the plane flies(current draw for different lights being on or some really small detail like that) Id be happy to get a small fix later. There will probably be bugs in the ngx when we get it anyway. Is there ever a bug free software with this amount of detail???Im pretty sure pmdg said that there will be small update fixes later on(please correct me if im wrong) so why not add the outstanding smaller fixes to that fix???

Really Stacey, do you like winding people up? :(
Ok Joe, since you singled me out, I guess I can address you directly. In case you hadn't noticed, people are already "wound up".
Statements like "get a life" and so on DOES NOT HELP the situation :(
There's quite a bit of opinions flying around here Joe. I'm just weighing in with my 2 cents. BTW, what do you think will help the situation?
You need to calm down and not get wound up yourself, remember your blood pressure Stacey :(
While I'm touched at your concern for my health, I can assure you there's nothing to worry about in this area. I was actually quite calm when I made the above statements.Sorry if it's your toes I stepped on, I do have big feet! ;)Stacey Weaver

If you didn't mean to single me out, then why quote my post and respond directly to it.Second, as I said before I already have a life and I'm very passionate about flying both real and simulated. If you choose to brand that as "not having a life" that's your choice. I don't really care either way.And lastly, making assumptions about parts of our personal lives we're "neglecting" is just insulting.I could tell you, "stop wasting your time on the computer complaining about others not having a life and get a life yourself."Ironic isn't it? And doesn't make you feel great does it?So don't do it to others. Thanks.

Ok Joe, since you singled me out, I guess I can address you directly. In case you hadn't noticed, people are already "wound up".There's quite a bit of opinions flying around here Joe. I'm just weighing in with my 2 cents. BTW, what do you think will help the situation?While I'm touched at your concern for my health, I can assure you there's nothing to worry about in this area. I was actually quite calm when I made the above statements.Sorry if it's your toes I stepped on, I do have big feet! ;)Stacey Weaver
Love it :( :( B) Once its released these forums are going to be boring :( BTW wasn't picking on you personally just in general, you have to let the people have a Rant now and then B) enjoyed reading your reply though

Joe Park

as long as she takes off and lands i'm happy;) if system a links to b 85% of the time, i'm ok with it:) haha:)Big%20Grin.gifBut hey I had a few and its my b day, so excuse on the above as the goal is realism I know, but hey getting antsy here:) But keep on ya'll as you are, will be a waiting standing proud!

Simon