Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

AJ-I'm so very sorry that our rate of progress hasn't kept up with your expectations- but I think you misread my original posts and set yourself up for disappointment.If you read my original post about sending the NGX to the wide beta team, you will note that I said: "I do not make a habit of projecting such dates until we have reached some very specific mile-markers, and it is looking like we are going to reach those markers in the next five days or so."So it is taking a bit longer than we'd like... We aren't slowing it down on purpose- I promise you.I hear your desire for constantly updated information on what we are doing- but there are a multitude of reasons why we won't share that information- the main being: It won't make ANY sense to you whatsoever.For example, yesterday I worked on 7 different systems on the airplane and reviewed about 1,100 pages of documentation trying to resolve an issue in an 8th system. Does this information tell you anything about release? No... So again, you have our deepest apology for not having this out to you already- but the reality is: She's done when she's done... We'll give you information as we go along- but there really isn't much exciting to hear about spending 18hrs a day researching issue reports from Beta testers...(Really- it is insanely dull...)
Robert -Did you manage to resolve it? Because that will show/tell us progress :D And any progress however big or small is good!! :DRegards,

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Well progress doesn't always give you an exact idea of when release date is but I'll tell you this, we are ll working very hard in completing the NGX. Many of us are working harder in order to deliver this wonderful NGX to you guys.To echo Robert's comment about what he did yesterday. Here's what I did yesterday...I spent a great deal of the day replacing all the exterior light bulbs with new ones for a better realistic effect and re-jigged the flap mechanisms as well as replaced all the cabin windows with new glass and a completely new method of creating cabin windows that does a much nicer job of giving that uber realistic glass look :-)Anyways time to go get that iced tea it's warm out here in YVR and a nice change! Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

... as well as replaced all the cabin windows with new glass and a completely new method of creating cabin windows that does a much nicer job of giving that uber realistic glass look :-)
I took the J41 for a spin and while in cruise about an hour ago wondered if the same effect would be implemented... It'll give the exterior a completely new/perfect look... Can't wait to be cruising in my SWA! Cheers!

I took the J41 for a spin and while in cruise about an hour ago wondered if the same effect would be implemented... It'll give the exterior a completely new/perfect look... Can't wait to be cruising in my SWA! Cheers!
It already was implemented... we used the 747-8i as a test bed for transparent cabin windows using a different method that doesn't cost fps. So the same technique was implemented in the NGX from the start, however I decided to make them even better yesterday :-) In a way the effect will be similar to the J41, but better than both the J41 and 747-8i. I'm really liking the new effect though...

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Now that ya mention it... I can catch a hint of the improved window effects in the provided screenies... I think it's likely to be one of those features that you really notice when the viewpoint is "on the move"...Good to hear that things are continuing to progress! Thanks for the tidbits!Cheers!

Well progress doesn't always give you an exact idea of when release date is but I'll tell you this, we are ll working very hard in completing the NGX. Many of us are working harder in order to deliver this wonderful NGX to you guys.To echo Robert's comment about what he did yesterday. Here's what I did yesterday...I spent a great deal of the day replacing all the exterior light bulbs with new ones for a better realistic effect and re-jigged the flap mechanisms as well as replaced all the cabin windows with new glass and a completely new method of creating cabin windows that does a much nicer job of giving that uber realistic glass look :-)Anyways time to go get that iced tea it's warm out here in YVR and a nice change! Cheers,
Jason, I am grateful for all your work in order to get the NGX out to us. It shows an incredible amount of dedication to be working through the Canucks game. wink.gif In fact the only thing keeping from not going crazy over the NGX is the the playoffs. Tonight after the Canuck's loss , I am having a few issues. wacko.gif

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Jason, I am grateful for all your work in order to get the NGX out to us. It shows an incredible amount of dedication to be working through the Canucks game. wink.gif In fact the only thing keeping from not going crazy over the NGX is the the playoffs. Tonight after the Canuck's loss , I am having a few issues. wacko.gif
Here here!! I am finding it hard to switch between the Canucks game and the NGX forum. GO CANUCKS!!! and GO PMDG!!! :(

I wonder if they implemented the use of ACARS through Squawk-Box and or FSINN. That would be sick.

no, it don't
I agree,Frankly. I bought the IFly NG FS9 version and then we got the FSX version I bought too. And I tell you the version of FSX seems really to be a post of the FS9 version. They say it is not but it's hard to believe Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif . The aircraft has exactly the same appearance inside and out and behaves exactly the same way in both versions, I mean, what is wrong with one is wrong in another. Obviously I'll buy the NGX. I never thought even for a second that the iFly would replace the NGX. Shame%20On%20You.gif I have flown enough in the version of FSX and even give me a bit of fun. But the more I fly the iFly more I want the NGX. I'm just saying.

I spent a great deal of the day replacing all the exterior light bulbs with new ones for a better realistic effect
And I thought they looked ultra realistic from previous video shot. You guys are really spoiling us aren't you!

If anyone is interested I've loaded a video of a (real) -800 in cruise. Sorry about the quality! Especially of the HUD display.

TB

And another video in cruise at night

TB

And another video in cruise at night
TB
Sigh! Good video. Wish it was me doing the recording though....