Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

Nice pictures Vin, Esp. the NGX with the sunset in the backdrop.:(

Wow, how sharp the resolution is in this VC. And the level of detail. Even the switches on the overhead panel has this "plastic look".In one word. Great!Eric

Wow, how sharp the resolution is in this VC. And the level of detail. Even the switches on the overhead panel has this "plastic look".In one word. Great!Eric
I know ive been drooling on my keyboard for a while now hehe. I might need a new one soon.

In the 7th picture, it looks the the VSD is overlapping the RNP/ANP readouts. I can't find a picture of a real VSD inflight that has those readouts in frame, but that just seems weird that it would overlap. That is the way the real airplane works, right?

Joe Sherrill

In the 7th picture, it looks the the VSD is overlapping the RNP/ANP readouts.
I think it sits on top of the compass rose (its rear side), don't think there is any RNP stuff going on at the moment, and it doesn't cover anything important that would be in front of the aircraft symbol. VSD is probably something you turn on/off as needed.

Wauwwwwww thats gonna be interesting man!!!Nice pics :(

whoo so this thing does have a weather radar!
*sigh*

whoo so this thing does have a weather radar!
It's not a weather radar, it's a terrain display.

It's not a weather radar, it's a terrain display.
ohhhhh sorry! Just realized that. So there is going to be no weather radar?must be hard to tell the difference between the terrain radar and weather radar...

ohhhhh sorry! Just realized that. So there is going to be no weather radar?must be hard to tell the difference between the terrain radar and weather radar...
They told there would be no weather radar, simply put FSX weather engine does not acocunt for precipitation data, so whatever the tricks you use you might be able to put clouds on it, but it would be impossible to show accurate precipitation predicton. That's why it's been left out.As for mistaking it with weather it is impossible, if I'm correct you cannot have at the same time terrain and weather indication anyway, so it would be hard to be mistaken between both.

what if there was a severe storm over a high terrain? What features would I look for to see that there is terrain below the storm?

IIRC, on the real 737 you can't display TER and WXR simultaneously. Standard procedure would be to have one pilot in TER with the other on WXR.

Joe Sherrill

kay, thanks for that. Would it stop you from having both on or is there a switch for WXR TER?