Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

Thought I was the only one that was starting late... I'm 25 working on my CFI hope to be in the airlines next year! I only started at 15. NGX is going to be one fine airplane. Can't wait to have it in my library!

LOL I'm awaiting some nice pics of southwest liveries too.....Whistle.gif
And we all know that seeing SWA's livery would mean the 1st shot of the -700 :D

Thought I was the only one that was starting late... I'm 25 working on my CFI hope to be in the airlines next year! I only started at 15. NGX is going to be one fine airplane. Can't wait to have it in my library!
Thats when I would have liked to start....

First shot of the -600 should be in Scandinavian livery imho. Launch customer and all.

You can look at your dad's jag in the garage only so much before you've had enough and want to take the keys.And if I see the word "soon" used again in an update I'm going to throw up.
I tend to agree, trying to kill time with useless comments on the forum :( . the we are 'through the cone of silence' post is already 10 days old now and all we got is a vc screenshot (besides liveries maybe) and the fact that the team got their calendars out. nice. but this teasing is hard. if we are obviously not through the cone of silence then why tell us? anyway, still patiently waiting, waiting and waiting

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thats when I would have liked to start....
I started my ppl at 15 but looking back I should have waited a couple years. Not sure what the rules are like now but back then you couldn't solo until 16 anyway so nt sure why I started at 15. Just couldn't wait to start I guess.JackColwill

Rules are still the same. I started just before my 16th bday right after 9/11. Just finances plauged my training, as with most people. Kinda feel behind because most of my friends are now in airlines and im still working on getting there...

Can you imagine,I think this has the release date somewhere in ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhFkFXFr7NM
priceless - love it.hang on, doesn't the world end tomorrow?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Honestly I gave up on what's said in the updates these days.Phrases like "it'll be in your hands soon" keep appearing but then weeks go by.Last week according to an official update the plane was supposed to go to the wider beta team and a few days after that we would hear about an estimated release date.Now this week, we read the 2 "mile markers" haven't been achieved yet but they should get through them this week.Well from now on every time I see the word "should" I'm not getting my hopes up and I'll just wait like everyone else is doing. Whistle.gif
AJ-I'm so very sorry that our rate of progress hasn't kept up with your expectations- but I think you misread my original posts and set yourself up for disappointment.If you read my original post about sending the NGX to the wide beta team, you will note that I said: "I do not make a habit of projecting such dates until we have reached some very specific mile-markers, and it is looking like we are going to reach those markers in the next five days or so."So it is taking a bit longer than we'd like... We aren't slowing it down on purpose- I promise you.I hear your desire for constantly updated information on what we are doing- but there are a multitude of reasons why we won't share that information- the main being: It won't make ANY sense to you whatsoever.For example, yesterday I worked on 7 different systems on the airplane and reviewed about 1,100 pages of documentation trying to resolve an issue in an 8th system. Does this information tell you anything about release? No... So again, you have our deepest apology for not having this out to you already- but the reality is: She's done when she's done... We'll give you information as we go along- but there really isn't much exciting to hear about spending 18hrs a day researching issue reports from Beta testers...(Really- it is insanely dull...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

AJ-I'm so very sorry that our rate of progress hasn't kept up with your expectations- but I think you misread my original posts and set yourself up for disappointment.If you read my original post about sending the NGX to the wide beta team, you will note that I said: "I do not make a habit of projecting such dates until we have reached some very specific mile-markers, and it is looking like we are going to reach those markers in the next five days or so."So it is taking a bit longer than we'd like... We aren't slowing it down on purpose- I promise you.I hear your desire for constantly updated information on what we are doing- but there are a multitude of reasons why we won't share that information- the main being: It won't make ANY sense to you whatsoever.For example, yesterday I worked on 7 different systems on the airplane and reviewed about 1,100 pages of documentation trying to resolve an issue in an 8th system. Does this information tell you anything about release? No... So again, you have our deepest apology for not having this out to you already- but the reality is: She's done when she's done... We'll give you information as we go along- but there really isn't much exciting to hear about spending 18hrs a day researching issue reports from Beta testers...(Really- it is insanely dull...)
But to keep us in a good mood, so of course a video would not be wrong. :)

Guest dlrk

At this point, just released the damn thing. I'll be glad to deal with minor issues until a service pack comes out. This iconoclastic development/marketing method really isn't great.

At this point, just released the damn thing. I'll be glad to deal with minor issues until a service pack comes out. This iconoclastic development/marketing method really isn't great.
+1I agree. Wonder if PMDG lose lots of customers now that iFly flying in FSX .../Carl

Robert,Well I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with what I wrote.I was just generally frustrated and that was my brief outlet.I know, I probably did set myself up for disappointment, but I can only really go off what is written in the updates. Things like "should", "anticipate", and "soon" can be misleading depending on who's reading the update and how they interpret it.I'm finding that the way I interpret it from now on is that nothing is a certainty, which doesn't let me get my hopes up which eventually leads to being bummed.I think you said in a different post you anticipate handing it over the wide beta team tomorrow. That's cool, but I really won't put stock in it because who knows what can happen between today and tomorrow, sort of like more bugs I suspect were uncovered between last week and this one (which could explain why it didn't go to the wide beta team last week).I'm not trying to ridicule your method of giving us information or the contents, I'm really not....but I think that some of what's said in the updates are misleading. But again that's because everyone wants to believe it's coming soon so anything you feed us we take at face value (our fault). dry.gifI'm remaining hopeful as always, but c'mon, you guys showed us the "Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory" of aircraft addons and everyone here has a sweet tooth that reaches the next universe.Of course we're impatient. Can ya blame us? wink.gif

+1 I agree. Wonder if PMDG lose lots of customers now that iFly flying in FSX ... /Carl
no, it don't