Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Oh Man - This Sucks!

Well, wouldn't you know it... This is just what happened to me when the MD-11 was being launched...PMDG are fast approaching release time for the NG, just as I've received notification that I'm scheduled for more brain surgery in two weeks time (less of the brain cell comments please - I've heard them ALL B) ).What's more, yet again it's not in the UK, and will be followed by AT LEAST 3 months R&R, which includes ABSOLUTELY NO flight simming!!! (We'll see) Hey, maybe one of you guys could sneak an i7 rig in the place for me eh? (France) Could I hide a yoke under the sheets, or would the nurses take a second look do you think? I could always pretend I was just happy to see them :( I could cry - honestly.I don't think it'll even be out of beta when they pump me full of loopy juice.My wife says I should be more positive. She has a point actually, I was given 6-12 months Angel.gif at one time - that was over 12 years ago :( Not leaving the UK for a couple of weeks, so I'll be around a while yet.If you've a spare prayer or two though, I'd be a liar to say I'm not more than a little nervous this time.I feel a little like 'the little boy whistling in the dark to keep up his spirits' :( Ho hum, life's a B and all that.

Well I hope you will be fine. I really wish you best for your future. The NGX will be waiting for you after your surgery :(

All the best Phil ! will pray for you. :( Greg

too much, too soon....

All the best, Phil! I'm sure you will be able to enjoy the NGX for years and years after your surgery.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

The best to you Phil! Warmest regards and I wish you a rapid and complete recovery after your surgery! Please keep us posted on your recovery!

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest 747-fan

Good luck Phil, keep on whistlin'! When you get back, it'll be two NGX engines that'll whistle you along!Besides, if they push release in front of themselves a little longer than we want them to, then you might be back before it's released. :)

All the best Phil, I'll be praying for you. Do please keep us updated on how things are :)

Phil,just make sure the nurse doesn't walk in on you while you are busy with the yoke. That would be rather... awkward! :biggrin:We'll be keeping your seat warm until you return. When you get back, a brand new 737 will be waiting for you and maybe a painter could do a special livery to celebrate your recovery. Your humour and positive attitude will see you through, that's for sure. Godspeed!

Hi Phil!What is your disease?
I have a tumor. It's benign, but causes a lot grief purly by it's location. It's deep and very difficult to reach without causing more damage.Originally it was inopperable, but the speed of medical progress can be astounding.

Phil,all i want to say is, keep it up!! I do suffer from epilepsy myself and know to a certain degree what it takes from you to withstand a chronic disease...So my best and heartfelt wishes are indeed with you!BestHolger

I have a tumor. It's benign, but causes a lot grief purly by it's location. It's deep and very difficult to reach without causing more damage.Originally it was inopperable, but the speed of medical progress can be astounding.
All best wishes and good luck. My 75 year old grandpa had two different tumors. All in all he had 3 surgerys but now he feels better than ever before. I hope you will have the same luck as he had :(

regards,

Alexander Marx

I´ll reserver a very good spot on my praiers for you Phill! Be sure of that!

Thinking of you Phil, will dedicate my first flight in the NGX to your good recovery......you have lots of friends here.... What airport in France should I use?Take care, Bruce.