Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Customize your PMDG 737NGX

Guest Tamadeez

So is it Yay or Nay on multicrew. I mean c'mon. That's the cherry ontop of the cake for total immersion. Tell me I'm wrong!P.S My Hand is a Dolphin!!!

I'm not sure I'd want the livery installer to configure the cockpit for me - realism be blowed, I want a split axis flight director and I want to see my groundspeed. If QANTAS want to configure it the same way that all their other NGXs are configured then fine, they can buy it for me :( It would be better I think to have cockpit profiles, then we could have several saved configs ready to go and liveries could just include a profile file.I also think that PMDG will have thought of this already and implemented something smart that we'll all be impressed with when we see it :(
I would think that the airliner options will load the real options being used by the airline, but you should be able to override the settings and save to your own liking. That is an interesting question, as initially I always preferred and used the "single cue" flight director in the 747, even if the real carrier didn't. I have since changed my approach to realism, and will use whatever options the airline uses, even if it's not my own preference. But I hope that the airline option thingy is just a populated template, but one that allows you to change settings to suit your own preferences, and save it in a persistant state so that you don't always have to override the set options every time you fly.

Guest Tamadeez

^hmm interesting I believe we should be forced to use the carrier we fly options. Realism baby! But obviously PMDG want customizability. I mean you flying the QANTAS livery then you should flying the QANTAS cockpit. Don't like their cockpit options? Then fly another airline. Boom baby!

Under certain conditions... Do you mean we can't enable a GPU at FL390 & watch it plummet into the North Atlantic? I'd pay extra for that option Big%20Grin.gif
Damn.. I was looking forward to flying paterns over my work ( near KBOS) and dropping GPU's

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I know. But I tried several times to make that fix, but it just doesn't work. I can copy that file whereever I want to and it doesn't make any difference.Once I heard about registering the file somehow, but I don't know how and all tries to help me in that didn't work. So, no idea how to fix this.But Ryan, anyway can you tell me how the saving system works and may you modify it so that it world for useres with the same problems than me please?RegardsEmanuel Hagen
Hi Emanuel,If you don't register the dll, windows won't know it's there. To register, open a command window, type REGSVR32 C:\path to the file\uiautomationcore.dllYou should get confirmation that it registered. John

Hi Emanuel,If you don't register the dll, windows won't know it's there. To register, open a command window, type REGSVR32 C:\path to the file\uiautomationcore.dllYou should get confirmation that it registered. John
I don't think you need to register it. I was getting the error in the dll located in C:/Windows, and when I placed the Vista dll in the FSX folder, the module crashing ever since was the UIautomationcore.dll in the FSX folder. Tried like 5 different dll's to no avail, and gave up in the end. I just avoid the menus all I can in flight now

I have this dll installed, and to the best of my knowledge, no registration with windows is required. In fact, I think there is another copy of the uiautomationcore.dll installed in the windows system directory that the OS uses which is entirely separate from the one used for FSX to workaround the CTD issues. Can someone please confirm that registration is not needed? I fear registration of the wrong dll could play havoc with the OS.

Hi Taylor,Yes, I captured this video using fraps at 1920x1200 full screen (fraps typically sucks quite a few frames).I built my PC in March of 2009. It's an i7 920, which I have OCed to 3.6 Ghz in the simplest way possible (set bios to auto .. I don't do voltages). For cooling I use a Corsair H50. The mother board is an Asus P6T Deluxe. For graphics, I have an EVGA GTX285 with 1GB. 12 GB of memory installed (recently upgraded from 6. The extra six helps a lot with Photoshop and other applications, but I really didn't notice any performance gain in FSX after upgrading). Onboard sound is disabled, and I have a Soundblaster Gamer Titanium something or other :(.
Vin, our systems are remarkably similar and built around the same time. I'm encouraged that this will be enough horse power. Can you provide more details about the RAM? That 6 to 12 upgrade is one I'm seriously considering.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Whats the difference between Honeywell and Collins option? I can see one uses orange lit panel vs white/grey. Which one is which?

Whats the difference between Honeywell and Collins option? I can see one uses orange lit panel vs white/grey. Which one is which?
The Honeywell is the one with the red-background displays....Picture shows Collins on bottom, Honeywell on the top...
Vin, our systems are remarkably similar and built around the same time. I'm encouraged that this will be enough horse power. Can you provide more details about the RAM? That 6 to 12 upgrade is one I'm seriously considering.
I cannot honestly say the 6 extra gigs did anything as far as FSX is concerned (but I noticed a nice change with very large files in Photoshop). I usually have a ton of stuff running concurrently (Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Firefox, FSX). I'm running Vista Professional (64 bit) and it all purrs along nicely together with 12 GB. Don't be concerned about your system, it is more than adequate to run the NGX at really smooth frame rates.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

What does the 777 use the Honeywell or Collins? or does the 777 use both as well?ThanksWilliam Coade

What does the 777 use the Honeywell or Collins? or does the 777 use both as well?ThanksWilliam Coade
777 Uses the Collins.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks Vin for the pic re: Hwell/Collins.

Generally I don't make request for pictures and things like that, Vin, but would you mind showing us a few more pics of the 2D sub-panels, like overhead panel, center pedestal and maybe the HGS? :( We have seen almost every possible spot of the VC, but we only have one picture of the 2D.

Matheus Mafra