Sign in to follow this  
Vollie

Some questions before release

Budget airlines actually have Bicycle pedals for all the passengers to power the pilots preflight
It would not surprise me if O'leary [Ryanair CEO] actually suggested this, especcially after the suggestion of removing all seats in the B738 fleet becuase it would save money and you could put more people in.Some people are just plain stupid..

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

1. There is no RAT on the real NG. With the ETOPS package options enabled on the NGX, you get dual batteries and you're required to run the APU while in ETOPS airspace - that's what they do to satisfy the requirements in lieu of a RAT.2. A rejected takeoff does not mean you're going to get a brake fire - that isn't realistic, planes are designed to do RTOs without fires starting.3. The vibration of the spoilers in the airstream is there in real life (the flaps do this too) - I've seen it many times in real life as a passenger on Southwest's NGs. Unlikely that we'll have this though as the animations needed were used elsewhere.4. No. Again I've never seen this effect in real life either too...5. No.6. Again no, the brakes on real life NGs are designed to not smoke or start fires with normal use.7. Should be yes.8. CD version will probably not be until 6+ months after release. We like to have the CD version be the final code so that it doesn't require patches right out of the box after install.
I have a couple of question to add to this list:9. Will the thrust levers in the VC move back and forth smoothly on their own, when flying with autothrottle engaged? When I see the movies of the real 737 they change positions smoothly, but I have seen simulations that the thrust levers jerk back an forth unrealistically when flying with autothrottle.10. With the 737, when you are in auto-throttle, you can still slightly increase or decrease the thrust manually with the thrust levers and it will override the autothrottle. Will this be simulated, and will we be able to do this with our throttle quadrant?

It would not surprise me if O'leary [Ryanair CEO] actually suggested this, especcially after the suggestion of removing all seats in the B738 fleet becuase it would save money and you could put more people in.Some people are just plain stupid..
Too true, I recall an incident the CAA investigated where I believe a cabin crew member was sitting in the toilet for take off???

Yeah LOL and when the plane stalls, you can see all the passengers flying in the cabin like a pop-corn Batting%20Eyelashes.gif
I have a couple of question to add to this list:9. Will the thrust levers in the VC move back and forth smoothly on their own, when flying with autothrottle engaged? When I see the movies of the real 737 they change positions smoothly, but I have seen simulations that the thrust levers jerk back an forth unrealistically when flying with autothrottle.10. With the 737, when you are in auto-throttle, you can still slightly increase or decrease the thrust manually with the thrust levers and it will override the autothrottle. Will this be simulated, and will we be able to do this with our throttle quadrant?
Hey buddy you're welcome with your questions to add. I wonder if that is possible.We hear it soon from the team, I hope so!:(

Michael O'Leary is a shrewd operator, like other well-known airline CEOs such as Branson and Laker, he understands the value of publicity and subliminal messaging; and if he thought suggesting strapping people onto the wings of his NG's would get him a few column inches in the press, he'd say it. Doesn't mean he really thinks it is a feasible option. The fact that his airline was mentioned here by name proves that this methodology works, and that his airline is a watchword in people's minds which they associate with saving money.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

And yet he recently announced a 26% increase in annual profits to 401 million euros. Maybe not so stupid.

And yet he recently announced a 26% increase in annual profits to 401 million euros. Maybe not so stupid.
Yup, I wish I was that stupid.Al

Alan Bradbury

I have never seen a prerequisite of having to be smart in order to be rich. Some of his comments are blatently stupid though. Taking the seats out? My first though is How much dies this guy REALLY care about my safety. He clearly makes the point that money in his pocket is worth your life to him. Sorry but if I am in EGLL or somewhere, I will be taking tbe competition. Far too many lives have been sacrificed in order to put more money in the owner's pocket.JackColwill

Yeah LOL and when the plane stalls, you can see all the passengers flying in the cabin like a pop-corn Batting%20Eyelashes.gifHey buddy you're welcome with your questions to add. I wonder if that is possible.We hear it soon from the team, I hope so!:(
I sure hope so too. I don't think any simulation has ever done this correctly.Bob

Ya, This joker wanted to get rid of the guy in the right seat,real safe :(

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

the head teacher in my school actually used to teach Michael O Leary. In library he showed us an article of him and said "I used to teach him, and he really wasn't a nice boy. He was a bully" We where all surprised and told us more about his child hood

Michael O'Leary is a shrewd operator, like other well-known airline CEOs such as Branson and Laker, he understands the value of publicity and subliminal messaging; and if he thought suggesting strapping people onto the wings of his NG's would get him a few column inches in the press, he'd say it. Doesn't mean he really thinks it is a feasible option. The fact that his airline was mentioned here by name proves that this methodology works, and that his airline is a watchword in people's minds which they associate with saving money.Al
Al said it beautifully. Michael O'Leary is a business man first, and that's why Ryanair makes money. We can bash his statements all we want, but then you are simply helping him along. He says those things to get attention and free publicity. He doesn't actually mean them, and by discussing them as if they were serious, you are actually making him more successful.
I have never seen a prerequisite of having to be smart in order to be rich. Some of his comments are blatently stupid though. Taking the seats out? My first though is How much dies this guy REALLY care about my safety. He clearly makes the point that money in his pocket is worth your life to him. Sorry but if I am in EGLL or somewhere, I will be taking tbe competition. Far too many lives have been sacrificed in order to put more money in the owner's pocket.
It's funny you say that, since Ryanair has only had one hull loss and never had a fatality related to one of it's aircraft. Sounds pretty safe to me.

Joe Sherrill

That reminds me, many many years ago, on Good Friday, my family booked a charity flight on Ansett Australia, must of been 1998-1999 on the A320. They had a clown on board, who said, once the pedals come out, push otherwise the plane wont move!Just a useless bit of fun!

A further point to consider with Ryannair, is that they are bound by the constraints of their airworthiness and operator certificates just much as any other airline. Like any other airlines, Ryannair would be grounded in the blink of an eye if they were found to be not conforming to the mandatory requirements, and on the margins which Ryannair operates within, such a ban would put them out of business in a matter of days.Europe has a long list of airlines that either fail to meet, or are unable to have it verified that they meet, the required standards. They are therefore completely banned from operating in European airspace. The vast majority of them are African, which coincidentally, is where a lot of ex-Ryannair aircraft end up as their hours get used up.European Commission Vice-President Siim Kallas, on the matter: "The Commission is ready to work together with the authorities of those countries which have safety problems to overcome them as quickly and as efficiently as possible. In the meantime, safety comes first. We cannot afford any compromise in this area. Where we have evidence inside or outside the European Union that air carriers are not performing safe operations we must act to exclude any risks to safety."The evidence he is talking about specifically, is the ability to carry out random and unannounced spot checks on airlines when on the deck in EEC member states, which happens on a regular basis to all commercial aircraft in EEC countries. The list of banned airlines can be seen here, if you are curious:http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/doc/list_en.pdfHistorically, some big names have been on that list from time to time, for example, Korean Air Cargo. This following the crash of Flight 8059, a B747 which flew into the ground near Stansted owing in part to an instrument malfunction. Part of the ban imposed at the time was because the aircraft was carrying depleted uranium when it crashed, which raised immediate safety concerns about the risk posed by other flights from the airline before the cause could be determined, since it was quickly established that the previous crew had reported the instrumentation fault upon landing at Stansted. This is something El Al came close to having happen to them too, when a similar crash of one of their 747 cargo aircraft whilst carrying DU occurred in the Netherlands (Flight 1862).Al

Alan Bradbury

Al said it beautifully. Michael O'Leary is a business man first, and that's why Ryanair makes money. We can bash his statements all we want, but then you are simply helping him along. He says those things to get attention and free publicity. He doesn't actually mean them, and by discussing them as if they were serious, you are actually making him more successful. It's funny you say that, since Ryanair has only had one hull loss and never had a fatality related to one of it's aircraft. .Sounds pretty safe to me
You think that if he could implement his ideas (get rid of seats, get rid of FO) that he wouldn't do it? Don't kid yourself. One hull loss and no fatalities? How many fatalities would there have been if there were no seats? For now, its the regs and the flight crew that are probably keeping them safe (and hopefully some execs that don't agree with some his crazy ideas).As for the free publicity? A CEO still has to keep his comments in check. There is a limit to the saying "any publicity is good publicity". Jetsgo is a good example of that. Its funny how 99% of the public don't have a clue as to the operational aspects of some of these "Jetsgo" airlines. All they see is a ticket price. "wow! 99 cents or a cross county ticket"..........coincidently is probably how much he spent on maintenance per day.JackColwill