Sign in to follow this  
Vollie

Some questions before release

Actually CLS had made their a330 do that
I assure you I've seen the spoilers vibrate slightly in the slipstream on real NGs - in person on board the airplane, not on videos or with some other addon.
They do a little. I have to say the pmdg 747s spoiler "vibration" is unrealistic. Way to much

Ryan I am sure this is going to seem like a dumb question, but can the NG's APU even run at altitude? I know some are altitude limited, but that is pretty cool that they run it to satisfy ETOPS requirements. Just curious if they have some sort of special modification they do, or if it is just the type of APU it has just always is capable of doing so. Granted it is using a much more powerful APU that what I am used to working with.
I think it is. CAA's Check Flight Schedule for the 737-800 (CFS-300) request a APU relight test at FL350 (check page 17). The only requirement is that you slow down to M0.74 before attempting a relight.

Matheus Mafra

The rain/snow effect can be downloaded for any aircraft for free. Unfortunately, i don't recall the link

What you mean buddy? I don't understand you, please be concrete
I'm affraid it doesn't get more concrete than that.Or let me rephrase it, PMDG, does your aircraft overcome virtual gravity? :(

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I'm affraid it doesn't get more concrete than that.Or let me rephrase it, PMDG, does your aircraft overcome virtual gravity? :(
Well to be honest I needed a little clarification as well. I thought you were wondering the same thing as me...As realistic & fully simulated as all the systems are in the NGX, upon landing will I still be in my home or should I plan on reserving a hotel room near KLAS?If it's the latter then I should seriously consider ditching all my domestic flight plans in favor of destinations like Barbados, Cusco or Cozumel...

does your aircraft overcome virtual gravity?
They posted awhile back that the actual plane will just sit on the ground, but screens will fold out and display a virtual world on which you will be flying it. It's going to be AWESOME!

1. There is no RAT on the real NG. With the ETOPS package options enabled on the NGX, you get dual batteries and you're required to run the APU while in ETOPS airspace - that's what they do to satisfy the requirements in lieu of a RAT.2. A rejected takeoff does not mean you're going to get a brake fire - that isn't realistic, planes are designed to do RTOs without fires starting.3. The vibration of the spoilers in the airstream is there in real life (the flaps do this too) - I've seen it many times in real life as a passenger on Southwest's NGs. Unlikely that we'll have this though as the animations needed were used elsewhere.4. No. Again I've never seen this effect in real life either too...5. No.6. Again no, the brakes on real life NGs are designed to not smoke or start fires with normal use.7. Should be yes.8. CD version will probably not be until 6+ months after release. We like to have the CD version be the final code so that it doesn't require patches right out of the box after install.
Regarding Q4. I have seen this effect numerous times both from onboard the aircraft and in numerous youtube videos. I think CLS simulated this with their A330/A340 addon.

Regarding Q4 as well.I'm an Air Traffic Controller in SW Florida. Granted, we don't see snow in the area, we see plenty of rain. I can verify that it does happen as I've seen it on numerous occasions in the tower.

They posted awhile back that the actual plane will just sit on the ground, but screens will fold out and display a virtual world on which you will be flying it. It's going to be AWESOME!
Amazing! I can't wait!

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Too bad there won't be vibrating spoilers... I hope we'll get a specific sound once extended though....

too much, too soon....

2 I'm sure it works in real life I have youtube link for you so you can understand me exactly http://www.youtube.c...h?v=am392XmYBps I wonder if the NGX can do this.
Volkan,This is the maximum energy braking certification test I was talking about. As Ryan stated, the real NG is designed NOT to have smoking / flaming brakes during NORMAL operations.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Regarding Q4. I have seen this effect numerous times both from onboard the aircraft and in numerous youtube videos. I think CLS simulated this with their A330/A340 addon.
Why they not simulating on the NGX. I think the ngx blows also the air from the engine?? I'm looking very crtitical for this one :(

Volkan,This is the maximum energy braking certification test I was talking about. As Ryan stated, the real NG is designed NOT to have smoking / flaming brakes during NORMAL operations.
Oke so you mean, when a b737 NG in real life makes a RTO brake(normal operation), there will not be the same effect on the video? So no smoke or something like fire or so??Is that correct? :(

With regard to Q4, I have to admit that even I've seen...well here it was rain...getting kicked up from the reversers from all sorts of different aircraft here. Even the NG's. But keep in mind that this involves using up yet another FX that probably would have been far better used elsewhere on the a/c.Other than that, could someone elaborate a bit more on the APU usage on ETOPS? Does that mean that every NG flying here (PHNL) had to run their APU enroute or do you mean if they lose an engine, they must start it to provide the rest of the power? At that rate, fuel and maintenance wise, it doesn't make as much sense to me to use an NG over say a 75

Oke so you mean, when a b737 NG in real life makes a RTO brake(normal operation), there will not be the same effect on the video? So no smoke or something like fire or so??Is that correct? :(
I'm no pilot, but I don't think doing a RTO is a "normal operation".