Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Why can't UT2 do real-time traffic?

Instead of using old schedules, why can't UT2 use a real-time traffic schedule from a website like flightaware? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it work.

Now I don't know about the actual reasons for UT2 to use recorded data of some kind, but there is such a (close to) real-time software. http://www.airnavsys...m/FS/index.htmlI haven't tested it nor did I read much about it. The price isn't that low, but maybe it's worth a try. But it's a subscription only (when you want to operate with real-time schedules, I think offline goes forever), so this may be a big show stopper then at the current price.6 months worldwide coming at 95 Euros is steep, very steep.Seems like there's a demo mode included.

They could, I'm sure, but most companies, organizations, and individuals frown upon a company using free resources to make their product better. Basically, the developers of UT would need to come to an agreement with the providers of the real-time traffic service in order to use it, and that may involve some associated cost. Perhaps the developers of UT would offer this option to their users in a future product and pass on the cost via a monthly subscription service, or some other sales model.

Now I don't know about the actual reasons for UT2 to use recorded data of some kind, but there is such a (close to) real-time software. http://www.airnavsys...m/FS/index.htmlI haven't tested it nor did I read much about it. The price isn't that low, but maybe it's worth a try. But it's a subscription only (when you want to operate with real-time schedules, I think offline goes forever), so this may be a big show stopper then at the current price.6 months worldwide coming at 95 Euros is steep, very steep.Seems like there's a demo mode included.
This program was next to useless for me, because their data is pretty incomplete (at least for Europe). I know this, I payed for it an canceled it. It didn't have a SINGLE flight for LOWW or EDDS with correct data - even MyTrafficX without it was better and closer to reality. Apart from that, their customer service was nonexistent in my case.

Instead of using old schedules, why can't UT2 use a real-time traffic schedule from a website like flightaware? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it work.
They're selling schedules, if it brings the money I don't see why they'd stop doing so.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Seems doable, not sure I concur with your "wouldn't be too hard". Maybe you could prototype something quick and tell use how it went?scott s..

Seems doable, not sure I concur with your "wouldn't be too hard". Maybe you could prototype something quick and tell use how it went?scott s..
Sure:<CLRHOME><STARTAIRPORT=X><SEARCH X www.flightaware.com>10<IF CURRENT TIME = FLIGHTAWARETIME<THEN SPAWN AI><ELSE GOTO 10><SEARCH ARR/DEST ICAO><SEARCH ROUTE http://www.simroutes.com><APPLY ROUTE><GOTO 10>

Flightaware is completely unreliable and would do a horrible job of creating traffic. You are getting real time with Ultimate Traffic. Every plan possible is based on a real published time schedule.

Sure:<CLRHOME><STARTAIRPORT=X><SEARCH X www.flightaware.com>10<IF CURRENT TIME = FLIGHTAWARETIME<THEN SPAWN AI><ELSE GOTO 10><SEARCH ARR/DEST ICAO><SEARCH ROUTE http://www.simroutes.com><APPLY ROUTE><GOTO 10>
Looks ready for beta to me LOL.gif

Flightaware is completely unreliable and would do a horrible job of creating traffic. You are getting real time with Ultimate Traffic. Every plan possible is based on a real published time schedule.
but its not real time ... in RT, if a flight is delayed by 1hr .. UT2 would pick that delay up and the flight would also be delayed on your PC.

but its not real time ... in RT, if a flight is delayed by 1hr .. UT2 would pick that delay up and the flight would also be delayed on your PC.
Me thinks you are flying a little too close to the edge if you need to have a 1 hour delay updated to your sim. How about UT just publish 'future delays and schedules' for you?. After all, just using historical data one should be able to accurately predict normal or expected delays, Certainly close enough for sim flight. :( Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How would you spawn aircraft that are delayed? You don't know how long they are delayed until they depart.Flightaware wouldn't work for most of the world. Does anyone have a site that tracks roughly 1000 airlines from around the world in real time? If so, you may be on to something. As for UT2, it works just fine for me and I can't see how another program that isn't based on rw data could be more accurate than one that is.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Me thinks you are flying a little too close to the edge if you need to have a 1 hour delay updated to your sim.  How about UT just publish 'future delays and schedules' for you?.  After all, just using historical data one should be able to accurately predict normal or expected delays,  Certainly close enough for sim flight. :( Ray
First, it wasnt my post.  UT2 is close enough for me.  However, there is no denying that its not real time... that was my point.You need to learn to read for better understanding .. i was simply responding to the guy who said the UT2 was real time  :(

If you are a bit into the way FSX deals with ai aircraft, you can use the UT2 planes and build your own, real time schedules. At least I do.Since FSX won´t display all FS9 ai aircraft correctly, I purchased UT2. These developers used to publish ai aircraft for FS9 for free. The FSX versions come with UT2. Not all planes are covered unfortunately so you do need to switch to using FS9 aircraft occasionally, but that is ok.You will need to adjust texture file names and model references, so like I said you do need to have some understanding of how FSX deals with ai aircraft, but it works.With the published real world airline schedules here on Avsim, you can then make your own real world ai flight schedules.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5