Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

FSX Recorded and shines in all her glory

I already have FSX and Level-D 767 since 2007 but after my new computer build last April I could finally enjoy all the eye candy and performance with the resurrected FSX and stepped aside from my beloved FS9. I decided to combine another hobby of mine with FSX and filmed a complete flight story from Stuttgart Germany to my favorite landing spot at Innsbruck Austria with the Eastern approach of RW08 Circle to land.This is one of the most challenging procedures in Europe and requires special skills and training from the flight deck crew in real world airline flying and also a good practice for airline flight simmers.I try to fly the Eastern and Western approach RW08 every Wednesday evening when VATSIM Austria is online and wanted to share my experience and joy with you.Although I fly normally with TrackIR and 3D Vision, what really brings another dimension to a virtual flight, I left that out because TrackIR make watching a film for third parties very uncomfortable and 3D capture is still a bridge too far for a amateur.The 40 minutes HD 1920x1080 film, split in 4 parts on YouTube (don’t forget to change the standard 360P in the down right corner to 720P and set your sound on) offers you a lot of technical information based on the real procedures by following the commands and settings in the VC cockpit combined with beautiful views on the Alps and Innsbruck area on the late spring short haul flight with snowy mountain tops and fresh green valleys. It’s also showing the refreshment of FSX by using third party add-ons.Due to the HD resolution you can monitor the settings in the VC cockpit relevant to the complete flight data and also gives you a good impression what a voice commanded virtual co-pilot can do for you when flying online over VATSIM or IVAO by cutting the workload to the original on a 2 pilot flying plane.I also want to post the film on Usenet or something similar so you can download it in original HD 1920x1080 format and uncut length and will update this topic when it is uploaded.On Youtube:Part1: Apron procedure & Taxi out procedure RW07 at Stuttgart EDDSPart2: Take Off RW07 and departure ABTAL3HPart3: Short haul flight to RTT via Manal and Tulsi3A Arrival intercepting the LOC/DME East.Part4: Descent on the glideslope into the Inn Valley, joining circuit RW08, landing and taxi to ApronFull covered with interaction between Captain/Co-pilot/ATCUsed Hard & Software;Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K on 4,2 GhzMSI P67A boardMSI GTX580 Lightning8Gb RAM300 Gb VeliraptorFSX AccelerationLevel-D Boeing 767 KLM liveryFS2Crew 767 Voice commanderFSinn/FSCopilot / VATSIMAerosoft Stuttgart XAerosoft Innsbruck XAerosoft AESAerosoft Austria ProfessionalUltimate Terrain XReal Environment eXtremeGround Environment ProUltimate Traffic 2FRAPS & FSRecorderEZDOKPinnacle Studio 15At these moment, I am uploading part 2 and 3 but 1 and 4 are posted already.Enjoy the flight on,http://www.youtube.com/user/simbanl

That is a big airplane to fly into LOWI :biggrin:You did well - both flying and making the video.

Wonderful Video, excellent scenery, flying and camera work.Goed werk!!!!

I do like the 1080P full screen - most impressive. I also like the fact that your movies are not all jerky and shaky like so many on YouTube. Thanks for sharing.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .