Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAX702

Any Automatic Eyepoint Set Tool?

Is there an automatic tool, or part of a tool, that allows one to automatically set the eyepoint after making visual adjustments within FSX? In other words, we can all adjust how far up or down, zoom level, left | right, etc, until we get it just so, but I haven't found the way to automatically preserve the settings. Dave Vega

Is there an automatic tool, or part of a tool, that allows one to automatically set the eyepoint after making visual adjustments within FSX? In other words, we can all adjust how far up or down, zoom level, left | right, etc, until we get it just so, but I haven't found the way to automatically preserve the settings. Dave Vega
HelloEzdok allows you to do this.

Here's the link for EZdok, but they are to release a new version this summer that simplifies things a bit.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

HelloEzdok allows you to do this.
+1 - Although you can easily tweak this in the aircraft.cfg file, Ezdok allows you to interactively do the adjustment for any number of views and (IMO) adds exponentially to the FSX experience.CheersjjaCheersjja

You can save the flight with your preferred settingsand take the Camera coordinates from there to permanently modify the aircraft.cfg file.Although this works, you pretty much need a spreadsheet to calculate the offsets,since FSX's aircraft.cfg file is in inches and and the camera file in millimeters,as well as x,y,z differences. I've got a little spreadsheet if you ever need it..

Thank you all. It would be nice to have a simple app that mods the .cfg automatically. I'm sure program mentioned does it, and then more. A simple app that can read the values, if they're available, would eliminate the trial and error. Again, thank you all for the help.Regards,