Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ramirin

Scenery Showdown: Megascenery vs ORBX

Get down low and show us the autogen! Then show a close-up of an airport. There's where the difference really comes out.

Get down low and show us the autogen! Then show a close-up of an airport. There's where the difference really comes out.
I know what you mean. Even though some areas of Megascenery indeed look good up close, I prefer Orbx for low and slow. I just bought Australia SP4 from them and I'm quite impressed, especially at 7cm texture resolution.I also bought Sim-Savvy Photo-real America but hasn't arrived yet to test it against MegaScenery or Orbx.

The real deal looks better to me... :( Mt. Saint HelensSerioulsy, I love ORBX PNW better. It's a complete package all around. Nothing against MSE as I like that two, but give me the choice and I go with ORBX due to the completeness of the area.

I hate it when a a photoscenery ends with a very visible line on the ground. Orbx looks much better with the blending.

The real deal looks better to me... :( Mt. Saint HelensSerioulsy, I love ORBX PNW better. It's a complete package all around. Nothing against MSE as I like that two, but give me the choice and I go with ORBX due to the completeness of the area.
Wow! Impresive pic, thanks for sharing!

Megascenery is fantastic for flying airliners, Orbx truly is for low and slow GA flights. I have the entire state of California of Megascenery installed and definitely ends up being my favorite place to fly airliners due to the accuracy seen from altitude.

I prefer the performance and looks of photoscenery but I like the autogen of ORBX.What would have been really cool is if ORBX used all photo scenery then laid the autogen down on top of it like Vero does. Although it would be huge amount of work and they wouldn't be able to crank it out as fast, it would be pretty neat stuff and would probably help avoid some of the landclass blurries in city areas like Seattle.

Guest Ps762

Hi!They both look pretty good to me!P.