Sign in to follow this  
Mustang92

Roll Rate and Elevator

Guest bstolle
Once your done why not do the same for the T210M?
Because I know an experienced B58 pilot who actually did actual test flights with his real B58 and recorded all the neccessary data to make a very high quality Baron for FSX possible.

Hi,I have no experience in the real world but I don't think you need any to tell that the elevator is way to sensitive, I'm sure that a real plane wouldn't be like that. How should it be? As I said I can't say exactly but I know that the elevator is a little to sensitive compared to other addons and maybe the alierons are a little to sluggish (here I could be totally wrong, mine is just an observation...).I could easily look that information up on the internet or ask some pilots I know to confirm but I know there are a lot of real world pilots on these forums who can elaborate more than I can do ( just like they already did).Mine was just an observation...no offence to anyone, I just want to make this plane a little better...Cheers,David DDHi Glenn,how would you do that in fuispc?I have "control spike elimination" checked for elevator, is there something else I can do?Thanks,David DD
Assuming you have already calibrated your controls in FSUIPC, Go into the 'joystick calibration' page and then click on the 'Senisitivity Curve' (or similar name) option for the elevator axis. Change the curve to negative numbers. This will reduce the rate of elevator effect closer to centre and give full deflection as you pull farther back. You can do the same thing with the aeileron axis.I find -4 for the elevator works quite well with the T210.This wont change the roll or pitch rate itself though of course, but it does give you more of a feeling of 'flying' a heavy object.You can also save these settings as 'aircraft specific' so you can have different profiles loaded for different aircraft.

A plane with nice harmonized controls has almost identical control pressure and reaction to yoke and rudder input.E.g. turning the yoke half way to the left produces a similar roll rate like when pushing the yoke half way forward produces a certain pitch rate or yaw rate when pushing the left rudder pedal halfway.Pitch and roll motion stops similary fast around all axes when neutralizing the controls etc.. Haven't flown a 210 but e.g the real DR400 is almost impossible to trim for level flight due to it's sensitivity.Don't think the trim so overly sensitive on the 210.Maybe it's your techinque? IRL you use the elevator to achive the required rate of descend and thereafter you just trim the resulting push or pull force away.You don't trim the plane into a new attitude but as there are no control forces in FSX this is more difficult to achive than IRL.
When I was training for my commercial manuevers I always practiced dutch rolls regularly to stay sharp with coordination.The Arizona desert heat also gave exceptionally good thermals in the late afternoon to deal with too. :Rolling Eyes:I strongly prefered smooth air mornining compared to chronically turbulent HOT afternoons. Has anyone with some real CT210M experience tried attempted dutch rolls in the Carenado 210?Best,BB

Assuming you have already calibrated your controls in FSUIPC, Go into the 'joystick calibration' page and then click on the 'Senisitivity Curve' (or similar name) option for the elevator axis. Change the curve to negative numbers. This will reduce the rate of elevator effect closer to centre and give full deflection as you pull farther back. You can do the same thing with the aeileron axis.I find -4 for the elevator works quite well with the T210.This wont change the roll or pitch rate itself though of course, but it does give you more of a feeling of 'flying' a heavy object.You can also save these settings as 'aircraft specific' so you can have different profiles loaded for different aircraft.
Sorry, that should have been positive 4 not negative 4

What?!? I find the roll rate to be spot on... that axis is similar in the C182 as well. The elevators in both 210 and 182 are also similar (and slow hehe).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest bstolle
What?!? I find the roll rate to be spot on... that axis is similar in the C182 as well. The elevators in both 210 and 182 are also similar (and slow hehe).
That's why I'm surprised that mustang92 states that the rollrate gets as high as 90deg/sec @ 120kts....not even a highly maneuverable WWII Bf109 could achive that.

Thanks Glenn,I will try that...

That's why I'm surprised that mustang92 states that the rollrate gets as high as 90deg/sec @ 120kts....not even a highly maneuverable WWII Bf109 could achive that.
That does account for an exagerrated rollrate! I have no experience in the real thing but 90deg/sec is crazy and hard to believe!!!

Guest acezboy561

Why do I have to go into a nose dive with full flaps to decend 700feet/per min

Guest bstolle
Why do I have to go into a nose dive with full flaps to decend 700feet/per min
Because you are flying too fast....

That does account for an exagerrated rollrate! I have no experience in the real thing but 90deg/sec is crazy and hard to believe!!!
Well well, EXAGERRATED you call it?? From your post I see you have zero hours IRL on all kinds of 210's.Do yourself a favour, and go and have a look at a REAL 210's ailerons (1967 and up) and look at their size compared to a 172, 182 or 206 and you will note they are LARGER.That is a "flying wing" in itself, and I did not do one, or two rolls in a 210 before, and I TELL YOU now, that beast can roll AT LEAST 90 degrees a second at Va Speed which is 120 KIAS pulling up 10 degrees from a dive waiting for Va at full throttle and FULL aileron deflection to the stop in one quick action. A full 360 degrees will take you less than 4 seconds (If you know what you are doing), and if you don't believe me (which is obvious), believe what you want, I am happy for you. At least I know what the REAL 210 can do, and I am happy that I collected all that information over the years of flying 210's with over 10 000 hours TT now (NOT armchair flying by the way) REAL flying. That is why I can state what I state !! On a lighter note and IMO, the 210 is the best single engine piston, six seater retractable ever made, and you better treat her with respect, or she will bite you!!

Well well, EXAGERRATED you call it?? From your post I see you have zero hours IRL on all kinds of 210's.Do yourself a favour, and go and have a look at a REAL 210's ailerons (1967 and up) and look at their size compared to a 172, 182 or 206 and you will note they are LARGER.That is a "flying wing" in itself, and I did not do one, or two rolls in a 210 before, and I TELL YOU now, that beast can roll AT LEAST 90 degrees a second at Va Speed which is 120 KIAS pulling up 10 degrees from a dive waiting for Va at full throttle and FULL aileron deflection to the stop in one quick action. A full 360 degrees will take you less than 4 seconds (If you know what you are doing), and if you don't believe me (which is obvious), believe what you want, I am happy for you. At least I know what the REAL 210 can do, and I am happy that I collected all that information over the years of flying 210's with over 10 000 hours TT now (NOT armchair flying by the way) REAL flying. That is why I can state what I state !! On a lighter note and IMO, the 210 is the best single engine piston, six seater retractable ever made, and you better treat her with respect, or she will bite you!!
Yip well said.. these armchair pilots who think they know everything also driving me nuts..like "Because I know an experienced B58 pilot who actually did actual test flights with his real B58 and recorded all the neccessary data to make a very high quality Baron for FSX possible" Must say when I read that I almost fell of the chair laughing so muchIf you have not been sitting in that seat yourself you will never be able to recreate a Flight model from notes made by another guy...but yeah they know everything..

Guest bstolle
these armchair pilots who think they know everything also driving me nuts..
Reading your weird response it looks like they drove you already nuts :(