Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Happy Acres Flight Sim Retirement Community

Sitting here watching tv and waiting for some backups to process...A commercial came on, you know the kind where an elderly woman is having the time of her life playing bridge with a bunch of other over enthusiastic seniors-- and the husband is out golfing and is all smiles? I was thinking that when I get (if) to retire, that no offense, but playing out my days golfing or shuffle boarding isn't for me. I also don't relish the thought of watching reruns of Friends on TV. So I am proposing...That we all pool our money, and build a master retirement community for flight simmers and retired pilots. I envision a clubhouse with a full bar, cigar humidor, a comfy lounge and pretty "hostesses" that wear those sexy 1960's/1970's flight attendant uniforms (nurses too). Instead of golf, it will have several full level flight simulators-- for use by the community 24hrs a day. Every home will have a top of the line computer, fully networked... and a full time young I.T. whippersnapper who will be on call 24 hrs to deal with any Flight Sim or hardware headaches. What do you guys think??

I like it - Were do I sign up Big%20Grin.gif But I have one question, is this clubhouse going to be in "The Clouds" :(

Don't forget free aspirin to stave off the deep vein thromboses that we will all eventually die of. :(

I was intending to give my cash to Nathan Fillion but he's just lost out.Splendid idea. Where do I sign up?

Excellent! Big%20Grin.gifBut what about the headquarters?Don't forget some would have to carry their old bones on quite a long distance.Anyway I'm in! A thoudsand times better investment than paying usless overgrown social fees here in Poland.

Terrific idea, though I'd be happy enough with current Virgin Atlantic's FAs, as long as they look like the ones in the adverts..Big%20Grin.gif

I'am currently using London Control so we'll set it up and I will do ATC services. With all the beer and whiskey we'll need that. :( JimCYWG

Regarding the lady in row 23 - - could be, I have it on good authority she has a keen interest in dirigibles.John

FAN FREKIN TASTICeveryone would have not just several full motion level D sims but several ARTCC "centers" as well as "tower" so some could fly and others could "control"then these would be all over the USA and throughout the world all networked together. All flights would be real time, no tc needed. I mean where are ya going to go? you don't have anything to do..you could even take an extra shift "crew" along for those REALLY long flights..then if I'm not up to it, for the full motion sim, I could always just fire up my computer in my room to just join in.. oh man, sign me up this is funniest flightsim thread ever.!

Ciao!

FAN FREKIN TASTICeveryone would have not just several full motion level D sims but several ARTCC "centers" as well as "tower" so some could fly and others could "control"then these would be all over the USA and throughout the world all networked together. All flights would be real time, no tc needed. I mean where are ya going to go? you don't have anything to do..you could even take an extra shift "crew" along for those REALLY long flights..then if I'm not up to it, for the full motion sim, I could always just fire up my computer in my room to just join in.. oh man, sign me up this is funniest flightsim thread ever.!

Ciao!