Sign in to follow this  
CLett737

NGX Display Cleaner?

So with the fantastic video uploaded a few days ago now of the ngx cockpit, one of the real standouts was the sun effects and fingerprints/dust on the display units etc. That is super cool. Really nice job. A question which I think was asked but no one answered: Will there be an option to arrive into a 'clean' cockpit? It doesnt really bother me, but I might aswell ask. :)

That would be nice. Since piltos always clean off teh screens periodically, I don't want a dirty cockpit when I can help it....

Inactive

Hey guys. When you are looking straight at the screens you won't even notice the prints so not to worry. JackColwill

In no way am I complaining when asking this question. So no one get their nickers in a twist!

- They have stated before that the cockpit will not be " clean". They spent many hours taking photos of a reali airline cockpit and duplicated it, dirt, fingerprints eand even skin flakes!Why?- because this is how a line pilots plane would actually look. Therefore, the clean look is NOT realistic in most cases.

Peter Osborn

- They have stated before that the cockpit will not be " clean". They spent many hours taking photos of a reali airline cockpit and duplicated it, dirt, fingerprints eand even skin flakes!Why?- because this is how a line pilots plane would actually look. Therefore, the clean look is NOT realistic in most cases.
Will Robert's figerprints be included on the CDU's ???BB

When I take over the world, I'm going to make every pilot keep their filthy, oily fingers away from the DUs and wipe them down after every flight if they want their type rating.

When I take over the world [...]
Jack,If you use that statement on your President-Of-Earth campaign trail, you'll have my vote. :(

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

When I saw the video where the chronometer was being shown on the right side with a bunch of dust on it, a sudden urge to clean it came over me. Same thing happens in real life. I couldn't believe I got that feeling from watching a video of a simulation...Most of the time I just use my finger to make a smiley face in the dust, though.

When I take over the world, I'm going to make every pilot keep their filthy, oily fingers away from the DUs and wipe them down after every flight if they want their type rating.
ANA pilots wear white gloves. I think they all do wear gloves over there.

ANA pilots wear white gloves. I think they all do wear gloves over there.
It's just the Japanese way of doing things :) It's the same for taxi, bus and train drivers. They all just wear gloves and some kind of uniform.

always good to carry sanitizer wipes with you and give the good old yoke a wipe down as part of your cockpit prep checklistJamal

Here we go again - the "Radio-Stack-Crumble" discussion revived...Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931