Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Any idea on the -900 Delta repaint?

Amazing gesture Steve just get us a more user friendly paintkit lol for instance the belly would be much better running down the center of the side panels getting the belly to line up base textures now is very difficult, great bunch of repaints Steve well done

Yeah well i will have to speak with Avsim first of course before i do anything clear it with them something to think about soon i think you guys do a great job and the think of all the hours just be nice for use pilots to show our appreciation

I'm calling it a night, but wanted to post a couple of finalized shots of the NAC birds.

They are fantastic looking.

Both Northern Air Cargo birds are on their way to the AVSIM library.

Thumbnail-600.jpg

Thumbnail-700.jpg

Those are going on my must have list. That's a REALLY good looking livery. Nice work!

Ben, I'm bumping it up to the top of the to-do list. I've been a little busy the past few days, but I'll get it done. It really just needs the blue on the belly re-drawn. The rest is complete. Though, after spending months trying to get Southwest's blue to look right, I'm thinking my Delta blue is too dark.

Sorry for taking so long.

Chris Hicks

Those are going on my must have list. That's a REALLY good looking livery. Nice work!

Ben, I'm bumping it up to the top of the to-do list. I've been a little busy the past few days, but I'll get it done. It really just needs the blue on the belly re-drawn. The rest is complete. Though, after spending months trying to get Southwest's blue to look right, I'm thinking my Delta blue is too dark.

Thanks Chris!

They're not perfect in my mind...lol. I could spend another week tweaking the stripes, but to the average user, they wouldn't see what I would keep fiddling with...lol. I got to the point where I asked myself "are they good enough to upload?". The answer was "yes", so they're uploaded and already in the library. They will be my main cargo birds to fly for a while.

Do I remember you starting a Northwest livery at one time? I remember seeing a tail screenshot. Was that yours?

I threw out my original thinking on the Western Bud Light bird. Working on a different approach as I type...lol.

Not a problem. I was just simply curious on the progress. :smile:

I'm throwing these out for feedback. I still think you have to have a fairly dark hue on the top and bottom to reproduce something that looks like bare aluminum on an airliner. I haven't played arounf with the bump maps as those could be an option for enhancing the blend. This is a work in progress and the tail isn't fixed to simulate the bare aluminum yet...just the fuselage.

Comments are welcome.

Baremetal-1.jpg

Baremetal-2.jpg

After seeing the talent and quality work of the painters on here, I wondered if anybody would be intrested in converting this paint scheme to the NGX

4257582554_3b99458215_b.jpg

It's actually a 737-400.

Thanks in advance.

After seeing the talent and quality work of the painters on here, I wondered if anybody would be intrested in converting this paint scheme to the NGX

Thanks in advance.

Ah, British Retro jets! Likewise, if someone could have a go at this, it would be awesome! The animal is just far beyond my skill level!

Both Northern Air Cargo birds are on their way to the AVSIM library

Steve, thanks so much for creating the very nice NAC liveries.

N520WA winging it's way towards Lake Park with a load of Alaskan King Crab for the Stubbs clan!:

2012-5-28_14-8-40-107.jpg

Steve, thanks so much for creating the very nice NAC liveries.

N520WA winging it's way towards Lake Park with a load of Alaskan King Crab for the Stubbs clan!:

2012-5-28_14-8-40-107.jpg

Great shot Pete! Your very welcome! The wife will appreciate the Alaskan King Crab. Spent 7 years in North Pole, Alaska (Eielson AFB).

I haven't gotten any feedback on the Western Bud Light bird yet. I do want to find out how the latest iteration comes across before I finalize it. While I wouldnot normally ask for general input this way, I'm tryng to perfect my bare metal finish and if it works out, I can use it on further bare metal paints.

Here's a nice dawn takeoff sequesnce from Seattle-Tacome headed for Portland. If I should be creating a gallery for these...my upfront apologies. Just hoping to get feedback on this thread.

KseaDepart.jpg

Towerview-1.jpg

ClimbingOut.jpg

Outbound1.jpg

Outbound2.jpg

TrackIntercept.jpg

Steve,

From your shots, the bare metal looks great! I don't see anything wrong with it. Can't download it now, as I'm reinstalling FSX at the moment.

Baremetal-2.jpg

Steve - I don't see much color and value change where the sky and the ground meet in the reflection on the side of the fuselage and more corresponding lightness in the reflection in the middle of the fuselage versus the top of it. Maybe in sunny conditions their would also be more blue in the upper portion of the fuselage where the sky is reflected. Since I'm not a repainter, I'm only guessing if it is possible to represent those types of color and value changes using the NGX paint kit and other software. I imagine another challenge is representing reflections in aluminum so they change in different lighting conditions.