Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Steve,

From your shots, the bare metal looks great! I don't see anything wrong with it. Can't download it now, as I'm reinstalling FSX at the moment.

Rhen,

It's not available yet. Still a work in progress. Thanks for the comments. Good luck with your re-install. I'll probably get the Western Bud Light livery uploaded no later than tomorrow evening. Then it's on to the next paint in my list.

Steve - I don't see much color and value change where the sky and the ground meet in the reflection on the side of the fuselage and more corresponding lightness in the reflection in the middle of the fuselage versus the top of it. Maybe in sunny conditions their would also be more blue in the upper portion of the fuselage where the sky is reflected. Since I'm not a repainter, I'm only guessing if it is possible to represent those types of color and value changes using the NGX paint kit and other software. I imagine another challenge is representing reflections in aluminum so they change in different lighting conditions.

Pete,

From what I can see it's impossible to create the changng tints and colors you would see on a real aluminum finish in FSX. While existing colors can lighten or darken based on the angle of the sun and the reflectivity of the paint layers, they will not reflect the color of another object (i.e. sky, water, ground, etc.) Even the shadowing of the bottom of the aircraft is a paint layer. I'm just trying to find a happy medium with the limitations we have. Thanks for the feedback!

Pete,

From what I can see it's impossible to create the changng tints and colors you would see on a real aluminum finish in FSX. While existing colors can lighten or darken based on the angle of the sun and the reflectivity of the paint layers, they will not reflect the color of another object (i.e. sky, water, ground, etc.) Even the shadowing of the bottom of the aircraft is a paint layer. I'm just trying to find a happy medium with the limitations we have. Thanks for the feedback!

Well, maybe painters a hundred years from now will have software that will be able to do it.

Do I remember you starting a Northwest livery at one time? I remember seeing a tail screenshot. Was that yours?

Think that was mine.......

Steve Aull

Those dawn shots are amazing on the Western, Steve. Metal looks good to go!

I have been having a blast with your Aloha 736 today.

Jack

Those dawn shots are amazing on the Western, Steve. Metal looks good to go!

I have been having a blast with your Aloha 736 today.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks for the input. The Aloha bird was painted by Steve Aull...not me...lol.

Think that was mine.......

I knew someone posted a screenie some time ago. :good:

I've been trying to make a dent in my "to do" list this weekend. I've got the Western "Bud Light" -600 where I'm happy with it. It just finished uploading the file and it should be available soon in the AVSIM library. Here are the upload pictures. I hope it works well for the folks that wanted it.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-4.jpg

I've been trying to make a dent in my "to do" list this weekend. I've got the Western "Bud Light" -600 where I'm happy with it. It just finished uploading the file and it should be available soon in the AVSIM library. Here are the upload pictures. I hope it works well for the folks that wanted it.

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-1.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-2.jpg

PMDG_737-600_NGX_WesternBL-4.jpg

Yup Looks Just like it's Supposed To Great Job !!!!!!!!

Yup Looks Just like it's Supposed To Great Job !!!!!!!!

LOL! Thanks! It's already available in the library. I just sent an e-mail to the library admins. My file titles keep getting changed from having "NGX" in the title to "NG". No idea why. I hope they can fix the ones that got changed.

Your BBJ is still in the list. I hope to start on it by the end of the week. I flew into your airport this afternoon and greased the landing. No more painting tonight. I'm putting in some flying time! :yahoo:

Coming along nicely still a bit to do as always lol windows night tetures and some tidbits anyway always nice to see the updates right :)

Richard any news on this lovely livery?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Steve the Western is looking good! As always great pics from Peter.

Steve Aull

Oops, sorry Steve A. My bad. Great paint!

Steve S. thanks for the Western!

Jack

For the Southwest fans...

Two updates and two new ones. New colors and bump maps for dirty luv. New Mexico One has been cleaned up and I corrected the flap fairing and SATCOM color, corrected the missing over-wing lights and applied the new color palette to the tail.

For the new ones, I made my own "Free bags" decal and applied it to a clean repaint. And last, I'm going to finish up Lone Star One the best I can. It's far from perfect. The star needs a lot of work, but I can't do any more with it.

I'll get these uploaded over the next week.

2012-5-21_14-57-20-795.jpg

2012-5-21_14-58-59-323.jpg

2012-5-21_14-56-5-552.jpg

2012-5-21_15-3-6-951.jpg

2012-5-21_15-3-34-209.jpg

2012-5-21_14-50-34-984.jpg

Let me know when the Lone Star One is available.... I have the New Mexico One, the Nevada One and the Illinois One.

Rodney E. Jacobs