Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Nice lookin Western, Steve! Are you going to do the "Bud Light" version as well? Also, is republic early 80s still on your list? Also, I have a random request for you or any of the other painters. Has anyone though about doing the Wynn or MGM BBJs? They are used to shuttle whales from Cali to Vegas and (in the case of the Wynn BBJ) Mr. Wynn from Vegas to various international destinations.

I have been very lucky to already have great paints that I have previously requested so I am quite content with your already produced great work but figured it never hurts to ask.

Jack

Jack,

I was hoping to get the Western bird uploaded tonight. My challenge has been the light gray area around the wing roots. The bottom rear fuselage ends up showing a little light gray overlap that I have left in on some previous paints. I'm working on cleaning it up because I want it to have the light gray versus how it looks below. Had a long day at work and am pretty beat, so I'm hoping to finalize the Western -600 tomorrow evening.

As for the "Bud Light" version, the painting would not be hard. I'm just wondering if I can make a shade of gray/silver that will look as close to the bare aluminum that that livery has. I have avoided painting all the mostly bare aluminum liveries until I feel like I can capture that look.

Western-600_Inprogress2.jpg

This is just to humor you...lol. If I can conquer the silver finish...I'll finish it. The door frames are off the version aboove. Th eBud Light was thrown together in about 10 minutes of quick adjusting the orignal version to just get a feel.

budlight-737.jpg

The Republic bird will be based on this livery scheme:

Republic-Livery.jpg

The Frontier Livery will look like this one:

Frontier-Livery2.jpg

Thanks Steve! That Bud Light looks really good already and the Republic is The exact one I was thinking.

Jack

Hey up Rich hope your doing ok fella... Amazed that your even attemping a repaint with poorly eyes fella... Love Jet2.com Be nice to fly that one...

@ Steve Your TEA m8 is amazing i have done my 20th flight in her now... Thanks Guys great work... Steve

Any post now - 200th page...

Anyway I have actually finished the Springfield 600 yesterday night. But I am dead exhausted today and not feeling like pulling up FS, doing screens for thumbnails, writing readmes etc. See you tomorrow.

Any post now - 200th page...

Anyway I have actually finished the Springfield 600 yesterday night. But I am dead exhausted today and not feeling like pulling up FS, doing screens for thumbnails, writing readmes etc. See you tomorrow.

Hmmmm...I can relate to that! Get some well deserved rest! :biggrin:

Thanks Stevie you will have it be nice to get it out this weekend for you, thanks for all you do buddy.

Rich Sennett

Thanks Stevie you will have it be nice to get it out this weekend for you, thanks for all you do buddy.

Thanks Rich!

I'll probably try and get a little time on the water this weekend (weather permitting). I'm going to see if I can crank out both Western birds tonight. If I can't get the light gray area on the wing roots, I'll still upload the white topped version. There are just some nuances of the model and where colors get pulled from that I haven't totally figured out...lol.

Any questions steve just ask me, you can send the file you having an issue with would be quicker buddy let me know.

Rich Sennett

Any questions steve just ask me, you can send the file you having an issue with would be quicker buddy let me know.

I'm actually making some good headway on that bottom wing root area. Couple more adjustments and it's done. Fine tuning the light gray/silver color at the moment. If all goes well, I'm hoping to upload both Western birds in a couple of hours.

I appreciate the offer to assist. I'll keep it in mind. Somtimes if you have long days at work and come home to paint, your thought processes or attention can be off without realizing it...lol. That's one reason why I try not to rush a paint. I don't want to have to make a revision to correct something I felt I messed up...lol.

Oh yah wing roots are so much fun not lol anytime Steve I know what you mean, why couldnt be have been born rich lol

Rich Sennett

Almost done with both Western -600s. Just the night textures, screenshots, thumbnail and readme files to do. Hopefully tomorrow. Just not enough time tonight...lol. I hope the gray looks okay for the Bud Light version.

WA-Final.jpg

WA2-Final.jpg

Wow Steve looking awesome buddy, heres a quick shot of Jet2 coming along nicely :)

Rich Sennett

Wow Steve looking awesome buddy, heres a quick shot of Jet2 coming along nicely :)

I'm curious how you made that silver finish. It looks great!

WOW Rich that looks well real. Just out of interest how much hard work would it be to produce the same one but having Menorca or Mallorca on the side instead of Cyprus... Thank you

Not to hard Steve I can do it for you after I get her done :) Steve I hand painted a base layer I always use my base layer dark or light if you wish I can try to send it to you, thanks Guys.

Rich Sennett