Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

I'm perplexed. It's just the body fairing that's darker than the surrounding fuse. I can't seem to find a reason for it. I've looked at the spec/alpha file and didn't see anything amiss. I'll post a screen shot shortly.

Chris Hicks

I'm perplexed. It's just the body fairing that's darker than the surrounding fuse. I can't seem to find a reason for it. I've looked at the spec/alpha file and didn't see anything amiss. I'll post a screen shot shortly.

Post a screen shot and I'll check it on my system when I get home in a few hours and let you know what I see. Does it lookthat way with a particular color painted or is it that way with the default texture shading?

There is no fix for it been there done that Chris dont bother finishing it I had one pretty much done and realized this fact to late. Its a problem only pmdg can fix.

Rich Sennett

Hmmmm.... A hate to hear that.

Ben, The Delta -900 is on hold for a bit while we try to sort this out.

Chris Hicks

Hmmmm.... A hate to hear that.

Chris,

I just finished a work conference call and finally got free for the evening. Send me a picture of what the issue is. I want to see if I can determine the cause.

Steve

It has to do with the model Steve nothing to do with painting believe me nothing you can do my friend.

Rich Sennett

Some of that hard-coded material stuff, I guess. Steve, I'll get you a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here we go

fsx-2012-06-05-20-27-45-68.jpg

Chris Hicks

Okay..I'll definitely trust you guys...lol. From what I gathered researching the bare metal look that we have been trying to achieve, the seems to be a reflective or "chrome" property that is enabled or disabled in the model file. I'm guessing it's turned off for the NGX, so I'm sticking to my simulated endeavors and not trying to re-invent what can't be done from that standpoint.

Yes Steve the powers that be only know what needs to be addressed so a little bit more sleep for you buddy :drinks:

Rich Sennett

Some of that hard-coded material stuff, I guess. Steve, I'll get you a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here we go

fsx-2012-06-05-20-27-45-68.jpg

Rich,

Yes...I'm getting more sleep...lol.

Chris,

Looking at that, my first instinct would be to use my center wingroot outline and tweak the color until it offsets the issue that causing that difference in color/contrast. Call me stubborn, but that looks like it can be overcome by creative painting. If the shine or reflectivity is the same as the other lower areas, that is what I would do.

You may be right! I should just put it away until I can get all jacked up on coffee and spend a few hours on it.

Rich, do you know if PMDG has been made aware of the problem?

On edit, a similar problem is what's holding up my exterior enhancements. The center fuse section of the -800 is a bit more shiny than the front and aft sections and I haven't been able to balance it out in the spec files.

Chris Hicks

You may be right! I should just put it away until I can get all jacked up on coffee and spend a few hours on it.

Rich, do you know if PMDG has been made aware of the problem?

On edit, a similar problem is what's holding up my exterior enhancements. The center fuse section of the -800 is a bit more shiny than the front and aft sections and I haven't been able to balance it out in the spec files.

FYI...if you make a "wingroot" outline and get it shaped correctly and placed on the left and right sides, you can mask out the lower color and top of wing overlaps. I did that on the U.S. Airways, Hapag-LLoyd and the just uploaded Cargoair liveries.

:sad:

Well, I trust your judgement and I would rather have a finished product rather than a half finished crumby repaint. I am headed off on vacation for a week anyways, so take your time! :smile:

Cheers!

Rich, do you know if PMDG has been made aware of the problem? yes they know but not going to open that can of worms not high on the priority list at the moment 777 in my mind is more important but that doesnt help you, maybe you could open a ticket see what they say hmm ? Sorry Ben. Yupper see your screenshot thats the problem hmm maybe just a white belly repaint that would work I think lol

Rich Sennett