Sign in to follow this  
Aerah

Don’t forget the old Queen…

Considering all the new knowledge you have gained, and all the genius technical inventions you have discovered during the development of the NGX, I was wondering if there is a possibility that you could use this to upgrade the old 747 “Queen of The Skies”. Since the 747 and 737 do have a lot of similar systems (I would guess), maybe you could give the old Queen a well deserved facelift without much work (I would guess there is no need to rewrite the whole code). Robert

PMDG won't be updating the old queen. They have said though, that they might build a new queen from ground up with their new NGX technology. However, this is not officially announced and as far as I know, they still have both the Dash-8 and the 777 to do before they can consider a rebuild of the queen.

Hmm I wonder how hard it would be? They have stated the 777 wont take as long cause they can just adopt some of the features from the 737, however does a 747 and 777 share similar features? I could understand if they would have to start the 747 from ground up which would take a long time!

It would be nice to see PMDG release a new -400 exterior model with a lower FPS hit, similar to the 8i and the Dreamlifter.

It would be nice to see PMDG release a new -400 exterior model with a lower FPS hit, similar to the 8i and the Dreamlifter.
I usually get pretty good FPS with the exterior model... admittedly I don't spend great deals of time flying from the exterior view. I know I'd pay for a rework of the VC that's easier on the FPS. My lame system has lots of trouble with that, but it runs the MD-11 VC pretty well.

Guest Cag40Navy
PMDG won't be updating the old queen. They have said though, that they might build a new queen from ground up with their new NGX technology. However, this is not officially announced and as far as I know, they still have both the Dash-8 and the 777 to do before they can consider a rebuild of the queen.
I cant remember which thread but Capt. Randazzo had said the Queen will be remade and updated.

I cant remember which thread but Capt. Randazzo had said the Queen will be remade and updated.
The sexiest plane ever built it deserves that. I really hope an official statement will be released, sooner or later.

A remake would only make sense after Dash 8 and T7 since the Queen already is at a much higher standard than most other FSX planes. Besides that, I am tired of flying the queen - want something new.

Well, the old Queen is dead, long live the King!
LOL

I'd love to see a remake of the Queen, but I think PMDG has their hands full as it is. Besides, I think a lot of people wil fly the T7 instead

Id definetly buy the new 747-400 and the 777 of course. Anybody from PMDG got news about the 747? Im egar to know about a remake

That would be great but I would lik the NGX and 777 first.Just flew the Queen from Miami to Lagos over the night landing this morning. Great flight in a great airplane. Steven herzberg