Sign in to follow this  
BlakeWilliams

Remember These Days?

That's not an NG Dazz! lolThis looks like 2000 or 2002 though! I will always remember FS2000's car lights in the night!
Doh! goes to show how much I know about these things hehe. Thanks Jamaljé

Me bro and I got FS95 for a christmas gift and we played it for year. Life was much simpler then with software engines and Pentium 100's that could run "anything". Put a wopping 64 megs of RAM in there and Wing Commander 4 was as smooth as silk...hehe. Didn't buy my first addon till PSS's A320 for FS2002...followed by their original 777 and Dash 8. After that didn't get a new sim t'ill FSX so you know where it went from there.

Doh! goes to show how much I know about these things hehe. Thanks Jamaljé
Lol, No problem sir.
Put a wopping 64 megs of RAM in there and Wing Commander 4 was as smooth as silk...hehe..
LMAO.gif

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

LMAO.gif

"Who remembers this one? tongue.png My first addon along with 767 PIC.." Yuck tongue.png

Rich Sennett

Dreamfleet 737-400 for FS2000...
Yes, I remember this!! The best 737 Classic so far!And the best 2D panel so far!biggrin.png When TrackIR and stuff like that aren't needed...

Mauricio Brentano

actually,that's how I came accross PMDG in the first place. I ordered the dreamfleet 737 and they delivered the PMDG 737NG by mistake.Since then,I never looked back :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It is amazing how flight sim has developed over the last 10 years. It is even more impressive when you go back and look at the first MSFS. I almost miss that screen. For me it is very strange thinking that I have been at this for over 30 years. MSFS1.00_1_0009.png

It is amazing how flight sim has developed over the last 10 years. It is even more impressive when you go back and look at the first MSFS. I almost miss that screen. For me it is very strange thinking that I have been at this for over 30 years. MSFS1.00_1_0009.png
My FSX looks like this anyway, so it's no big deal to me, my big ol' CRT monitor complements it as well.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

MMM, system requirements for FS98: Multimedia PC with a 486DX/66MHz or higher processorMicrosoft Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.08MB RAM (Windows 95/98), 12MB RAM (Windows NT)100MB free hard disk space2X CD-ROM or fasterSuper VGA, 256-color monitorMouseSound card with speakers or headphones LMAO.gif

MMM, system requirements for FS98: Multimedia PC with a 486DX/66MHz or higher processorMicrosoft Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.08MB RAM (Windows 95/98), 12MB RAM (Windows NT)100MB free hard disk space2X CD-ROM or fasterSuper VGA, 256-color monitorMouseSound card with speakers or headphones
The one (the first one) I ran it on was a 75MHz cannon, 16MB RAM I believe. If you had a better graphics card (which that one apparetly had, and it needed DX5.1 too) you'd get smooth textures as well. I somehow miss my block clouds though. The only time we had true volumetric clouds. And I miss S10 photoreal scenery, which was included by default. I just kinda miss the whole feeling. And I still remember the moment where I discovered I had to actually read and adhere to that annoying message telling me to insert the CD because for a long time I was always wondering why I would not see any runway at all and I would always crash once touching the ground. Finally inserting certainly helped a lot... and I zoomed along Chicago Skyline in N2001Z, what a great time that was. And add-on creation was also quite a bit different back then, anyone remember FSASM for instance? I loved that one... Scripted scenery, how cool is that. No fancy GUI, Notepad was your best friend. And I remember that one humonguous download I waited for so long - 7 megs, a complete Concorde package (I'm sure one can still find that one on FS.com or simviation, actually I'm about to check it out), that included full panels and a screaming soundset. That was great fun. You were just happy for just about any add-on that came along, probably because they all were so much farther away from real compared to what we have today, that it didn't make much of a difference. sig.gif

Anyone remembers this? The Thalion A320 Simulator was released back in 1992 for Atari, Amiga and PC. It was developed by a retired A320 captain, but from the look of the panel, it could have been any airplane... I got it as birthday present from my parents when I was 8 years old. It was far too complex first, so my dad had to help my fly it (it took him also at least a week before he figured out how to do VOR navigation :D ) . It was actually pretty cool, that it included real world Jeppesen charts and the plane capable of doing autolands :)

It's always fun to get drunk and load up a complex airliner like the level d 763 or the NG and try and do a cold and dark startup and see how far through you get, haha I was trying to figure out why I couldn't get the N1 up on the lvl d once during an engine start and realized 15 minutes of headscratching later that the packs were still on leaving insufficient bleed air for an engine start. It's quite amazing that I can't walk in a straight line but I can manage to program an FMC correctly in my stupor. What are other peoples drunken FS adventures?
I am Glad that I am not the only drunken fs pilotLOL.gifLevent Yurdatap