Sign in to follow this  
Joel

FPS

I read the NGX has the mouse showing = a big drop of FPS. Try the MD-11 and NGX for FPS and make sure the mouse pointer is not there before noting it. It's a bad bug. iFly have it and the Duke T have it, was hopping the NGX would not /o well
Could you elaborate it better and further pls ? Thx

Could you elaborate it better and further pls ?
It's an FSX bug and has nothing to do with the used aircraft, although it might be more evident with more demanding add-ons. Basically whenever Windows has to render its mouse pointer over the FSX window the performance drops. For me it's a drop of about 5fps, for others it might be more. Once you move the mouse pointer out of the FSX window or once it disappears after a few seconds, the performance goes back up.

Hmmm.. I do not have such problem within FSX ( CTRL + Z monitoring ) and I use the mouse to pilot the plane..... Anyway thanks for the explanation

Alright guys. After a few hours of sleep, I decided to do some testing. Sitting in YSCB in the NGX with a tweaked FSX.CFG and a lot of scenery, I get around 13 FPS (not moving around or panning around). Sitting in the MD-11, I get 20 FPS (also not moving or panning). Doing the same thing with the 747-400, I get 14 FPS. Just my two cents.

Hi, Make sure that you start FSX then NGX only. If you started MD-11 first, then switch you will have significant frame drop. I notice this with all the PMDG products. I believe that PMDG takes over various FS subsystems, so doing things like starting default aircraft and start PMDG is sure to kill FPS. Vu Pham

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

It would be nice if someone could share the most important/s graphic setting to tweak within NGX to gain few fps. Thx
Follow the guide lines in the manual and you will have your system optimized for the NGX. Hope it helps,

I purchased mine at 11pm last night. A few issues but downloaded in lest than 2 min. I am getting around 22 FPS at JFK and FLL using FSDREAMTEAM.COM after tweeking as instructed in their introduction manual. Running: i7 950 3.2ghz - evga x58 3x sli mobo , evga gtx 470 1280mb gddr5, and 6 of mem. With the sandy bridge will will by my next build, you really should be alot higher.

Alright guys. After a few hours of sleep, I decided to do some testing. Sitting in YSCB in the NGX with a tweaked FSX.CFG and a lot of scenery, I get around 13 FPS (not moving around or panning around). Sitting in the MD-11, I get 20 FPS (also not moving or panning). Doing the same thing with the 747-400, I get 14 FPS. Just my two cents.
you have the same system as me although I have the i5 2500k, making me worried about the NGX. If I am spending my money I want to be sue it'll run.

I used to be able to sit in the VC of the MD-11 at flightbeam KSFO and get locked frames at 30 FPS with the external limiter. Now I get 8 FPS at flightbeam KSFO with the NGX. This is a big problem. -Chris Virgilio

Chris Virgilio

My system is on my sign, and as you can see, my GPU card is kinda lame.But the NGX is performing flawlessly, no stutters, fps around 25~50 during all flight, on external view it's always above 30fps.My CFG has a lost of tweaks, and I also used the ones PMDG recommended.Seriously, guys. This Aircraft is simply sublime! Thank you PMDG!

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png

My system is on my sign, and as you can see, my GPU card is kinda lame.But the NGX is performing flawlessly, no stutters, fps around 25~50 during all flight, on external view it's always above 30fps.My CFG has a lost of tweaks, and I also used the ones PMDG recommended.Seriously, guys. This Aircraft is simply sublime! Thank you PMDG!
Your card is older, but by no means lame.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

When reporting fps it is IMHO fundamental to specify if you have add-ons or not, REX for example, third party airports, etc etc....otherwise it makes no sense reading a certain fps thx

Just want to say. Thank you PMDG. I'm flying the tutorial in cruise and I'm just astounded. It's a work of art, it really is. I've never been so attached to a piece of software before.

So guys, yes or no does the MD-11 have better FPS than the NGX? None of the 'it's worth the drop in frames because of the quality stuff', just a simple question:does it give you better frames than the MD-11, or worse? Thanks for any replies. edit:it seems it has worse than the MD-11 by others opinion, so much for it having better frames than the MD-11 as it was hyped as having..I was hoping to buy it but I really don't want to take the risk, the MD-11 barely gives me borderline good performance, I dunno :\. I'll decide in the next few days..... Karan