Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Out of 5 flights 3 have frozen. Frozen means displays don't work, control surfaces don't move. However FSX keeps working.First I eliminated all programs except for ASE. One freeze was with ASE one was without.Flight plans varied, KPITKBWI, KBGRKBWI, that doesn't seem related.I did use FSC to create flightplans, and sometimes FSX. Each had instances of working and not working.I deleted my FSUIPC.cfg file as stated. I'm XP64, ASUS P5Q-E, 4 GB Ram, 3.00 Ghz 9650 Intel, GTX580. Saitek: X52, Proflight throttle and yoke/throttle combo. Intel 160GB SSD.I did copy in the latest FSUIPC from Pete Dowson. This is a dedicated OS and drive for FSX. If anyone has any questions please ask. And yes, this plane is beyond amazing. PS: Last time after trying to reload the flight over and over, I bluescreened with Kmixer.sys Anyone tried disabling sound during a test? Can't bring myself to do it :)

Hey! I loaded a flight I made because was nervous. I got it to happen imediately with a saved flight!I loaded the 900 Continetal model. Loaded the saved flight.Went into FMC and selected a STAR and fiddled a bit. Bam!3 of my 4 freezes were in FMC now setting up STAR.It's late but I'll try again soon.

Majid I think those blank screens in the FMC and inablity to enter numbers in the scratch pad reliably are the result of either not starting the aircraft in the VC mode OR not deleting FSUIPC.ini and letting it rebuild, I had the same problem until I did both of those things. Not sure which one worked though as I did them both at once. Before I was starting in 2D mode by default having selected that in the FSX menu. I also could not get the heading, altitude or speed numbers to change although the knob was rotating. HAd a few other odd issues too like this. All was fine in the VC (well some of the FMC pages were still blank) , so I changed i back to starting in the VC by default and all is OK. I also got all the screens in the FMC to work properly. I too just had a crash but it was an out of memory issue, just as I was about to taxi out on my first flight. By the way, frame rates in the 2D cockpit were around 15-20 wih everything going, including FSINN and UVACARS, not bad. I have bad skeletoning though going from the 2D to spot view.

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

At this point I'm wondering if I should perform a chargeback. No one from PMDG is responding to the recent complaints and the product is totally unusable. Maybe if we had an actual support channel/method (email?) instead of posting on a forum, they could better troubleshoot this.

At this point I'm wondering if I should perform a chargeback. No one from PMDG is responding to the recent complaints and the product is totally unusable. Maybe if we had an actual support channel/method (email?) instead of posting on a forum, they could better troubleshoot this.
We have a very good support ticket system which is linked in my signature. I also have had a sticky post from the moment of release saying that was the best way to get a hold of us, not posting on the forum.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Majid I think those blank screens in the FMC and inablity to enter numbers in the scratch pad reliably are the result of either not starting the aircraft in the VC mode OR not deleting FSUIPC.ini and letting it rebuild, I had the same problem until I did both of those things. Not sure which one worked though as I did them both at once. Before I was starting in 2D mode by default having selected that in the FSX menu. I also could not get the heading, altitude or speed numbers to change although the knob was rotating. HAd a few other odd issues too like this. All was fine in the VC (well some of the FMC pages were still blank) , so I changed i back to starting in the VC by default and all is OK. I also got all the screens in the FMC to work properly. I too just had a crash but it was an out of memory issue, just as I was about to taxi out on my first flight. By the way, frame rates in the 2D cockpit were around 15-20 wih everything going, including FSINN and UVACARS, not bad. I have bad skeletoning though going from the 2D to spot view.
Hey Bill thanks. I always start in VC you know that plus the .ini was allowed to rebuild from the get go...

just a thought on this since i downloaded the the ngx with my anti virus off and installed it off as well wonder if this could be the cause of the problems just a thought to pmdg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have found the problem (functionality lock up) occurs when switching back to the CDU 'legs' page after setting DEP ARR SID/STAR information. Exterior textures disappearing permanently from a point in time during random stages of flight (or on the ground) prior to top of climb. I have also found that if using 2d cockpit the exterior textures are completely gone except for the tail and engines. If using the VC exterior textures are completely gone including the engines except for the middle section of the fuselage and the wings.

I experienced also the panel freeze, in fact I couldn't do anything else after the freeze, only to sit and watch how the plane descent and crashes. Only a few functions were still working and in FMC some menus were not present anymore (if I remember right about this).It happened while I was programming the approach (RWY and STAR), on descent phase of the flight (from EDDM to EDDT).My specs, Intel E8400, 4Gb DDR2, GTX260, Win 7 64bit.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Hi there, I got a weird freeze enroute from LEPA to EDLV at FL360 on my second flight with this beauty and second time ever that I only use VC during the entire flight. Programmed route was MERO2A MEROS UN853 ARCKY UT853 IBESA T853 LMA LMA1W. I had ASE weather and just passed LUMAS intersection from where I programmed a 2,5 NM offset to the right to be flown until TUNEG intersection. ZFW was 59100 kgs and I had 6700 kgs of fuel left. On both CDUs the PROG page was displayed and the aircraft was flying on autopilot with VNAV and LNAV engaged. Everything went nice and smooth thus I switched on the FPS Monitor in FSX (Shift+Z) to check the performance. My i7-2600K 3.40 Hz 8GB RAM Win7 64 bit and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 system ran with 25 - 30 fps with all FSX sliders at max. I was very happy with this performance and drew my attention to this forum for two or three minutes on the second monitor making IE the active window. Suddenly I realised a movement in FSX window. The aircraft banked to the left with about 15 degrees only visual by outside orientation - there wasn't any clue for that on the attitude indicator which still showed wings level. I tried to disconnect the autopilot but without success. The only clues that FSX was still up and running was the standby compass which indicated a very slow turn to the left and the moving clouds outside. Everything else on the panel was frozen. I do use EZCA and this program was running aside FSX as well as TrackIR software, Logitech G-series Key Profile software as well as Logitech LCD Manager software for my G13 Pad and ASE of course. I use a Saitek Proflight Yoke system with throttle quatrant but without the rudder pedals and in addition the thrust quadrant of an old Saitek X52 joystick where the joystick is missing. In contrast to my first flight yesterday, where everything went fine, I didn't use the Turbo Mode function of my TuneUp Utilities 2011 software today. Well, I hope I could give you some hints to get ahead of those freeze-problems. RegardsBjörn Siepmann

Gents- Keep feeding us information. The more information we get from you, the quicker we'll be able to replicate and kill this... We had a meeting about this a few hours ago- and it is currently our top priority. One of the mysteries a few users see it, but the vast majority do not. We will find it, however.... with your help! We will likely begin some internal testing on this late Saturday, with the possibility that we will grab a few of you for solution testing in a couple of days. I apologize for the frustration.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Got the freeze too today. I was setting up the FMC for the flight, and somewhere during selecting dep/arr procedures and going to the LEGS page, the displays froze. Actually I was still able to zoom in/out on the ND, but the mode change didn't do anything, and also selecting arpt or wpt etc. on the efis cp did not do anything. I could type in the FMC, but the text would not show on the scratchpad. I tried to save my flight and restart FSX, but the panel state did not save at all. However I did NOT experience any loss of textures or anything like that. Aside from NGX, I was running UT2, Active Sky Evolution (networked from another computer), EZdok camera and FSUIPC. OS is Win7 64bit and FSX version is SP2 (no acceleration). Computer specs below.

Just had a Panel Freeze, Enroute to LOWI from EGKK. Happened as i changed the CI from 0 to 28 per BAV SOPS. I can however turn the A/THR mode on and off in the VC. All IDUs and HGS are frozen with the information from cruise though. AMD Athlon X4 620 @2.61 GHz | ATI Radeon HD 4770 | 3GB Ram | 2TB, 1TB, 2 x 200GB HDDs | Windows XP 32-bit

Regards,

Dunc

ForumSigDunc%20400px.jpg

www.vraf.org

System Specs: AMD Athlon X4 620 @2.61 GHz | ATI Radeon HD 4770 | 3GB Ram | 2TB, 1TB, 2 x 200GB HDDs | Windows XP 32-bit

Simming Software: FSX, FS9, Black Shark

Unfortunately this has just happened to me too. I saved a flight ready to go at LFMN (aerosoft) and exited FSX as my track IR was not functioning correctly.I loaded the flight and all seemed to be well, all data was saved correctly and all panels were correctly configured, also the frame rate was higher than usual-great. Took off on 04R with LNAV and VNAV armed, engaged AP at around 500ft, all seemed to go smoothly and after the initial right turn I performed a direct to a waypoint (cant remember the name but it was the third waypoint on a OCKTET departure) retracted flaps on schedule and maintained 250Kts. I changed my initial altitude from 9000 to FL270 and checked the Air conditioning panel, everything seemed ok at this point until I came out of the legs page to the progress page and noticed that there was no data within that page, I then went back to the legs page and there was no speed or altitude data being displayed. That is when I also noticed that the PFD was stuck at 12000ft but showed that we were still climbing, speed still 250. The ND was also stuck showing a left turn to follow the LNAV profile but it did not move.I realizes that the displays were stuck at a point in time, I looked at the FSX speed and alt from the top of the screen and we were doing 400Kts and descending slowly.

Hi There, Whilst investigating one problem, I have now stumbled across this. What I can tell you is : 1) I had a short route plugged in from EGCC-05L to EGNM-14 simple route: SID POL4S to POL then ILS14ARR, I don't recall any route discrepancies.2) Once airborne, I went in to put a hold into the route by pushing hold, selecting LBA, the FMS text entry field now said "HOLD AT LBA", I pushed the LSK under POL (VOR before hold entry) and before "LBANB"3) The hold went in but created a route discrepancy, I selected the next waypoint as "LBANB"4) At this point the panel freeze occured. Things I am observing:1) Aircraft is flying in the last state before I noticed the freeze.2) CDU looks corrupt eg push 'Menu' and there is no 'FMS' option, but click where that option should be and it will take you in there. I had done two short hops whilst investigating one problem before hand with no shutting down in between. I am going to attempt exactly everything again on this EGCC - EGNM flight to see if this problem is recreated.