Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Throttle Quadrant 2D panel missing?

In real A/C, pilot also has one set of eyes, and has to move them around.
Exactly... he moves his eyes just like I do with my 2D panel setup. Using a VC you need to move the VC "viewport" using track IR, mouse, keyboard, joystick hat or whatever. The point is in the real world a pilot is not limited to a 24" monitor, hence we need to use multiple monitors and 2D panels to configure our 'instruments' so that we can see them just by moving our eyes.

Matthew S

I updated that, it doesnt work because as soon as you open a second view, the MCP locks up and you can move or change anything, and you have to refresh the plane to get it working again.
It seems as if you are right. It seems to be a bug, but if you press f9 then f10 again it is fixed.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Did they delete the poll? I can't find it anymore!
Yep, without any explanation it would seem. Thread was very civil aswell, no flames. Shame on them.

Exactly... he moves his eyes just like I do with my 2D panel setup. Using a VC you need to move the VC "viewport" using track IR, mouse, keyboard, joystick hat or whatever. The point is in the real world a pilot is not limited to a 24" monitor, hence we need to use multiple monitors and 2D panels to configure our 'instruments' so that we can see them just by moving our eyes.
Yes, please omit what I wrote just AFTER that sentance. Pilot does NOT use the mouse. So let's stop comparing... I wouldn't wonder if this thread disappeared.

I do not understand why they deleted the pol... Maybe becayse they think it is useless? The 2D panel will be in the next update anyway?

Did you ever see PMDG change their decision? Once?

Did you ever see PMDG change their decision? Once?
There's a first time for everything !! I think they will add it.

I hope so. That poll CLEARLY showed that many were in favour here on AVsim. I imagine the majority of PMDG's users don't visit these forums, so imagine the percentage of those non-forum users that will be wanting it. No doubt we will get some textbook excuse about how their market research tells them the complete opposite to what the majority of people here are saying. We have seen it before and no doubt, again. Prove me wrong. Will this stop me buying the NGX when released in box form? No. But it's the little things that count.

What happened with our poll?? I had to work a little, left the discussion with 180 votes, and I just came back. Did you guys see someone attacking each other there while I was away? The thread was ok, with very nice points of view (from both sides!)...That REALLY makes me sad. I didn't get no personal message regarding the thread, still can't understand what motivated this... Well, the poll sample at the time I left, was:YES - 136NO - 44

3:1 For a panel then? I think this is a reasonable request/question, but i imagine the team are working very hard to resolve issues and get the 600/700 expansion out. Maybe when those are done, they will have enough time to communicate with us properly, instead of just removing threads.

I guess you are one of the 5%, but maybe you could still be converted - let's see?
Why do you feel the need to "convert" 2D users to the wonders of 3D? What happened to choice? This kind of missionary zeal is rather like vegans trying to convert meat eaters, when meat eaters rarely try and convert vegans. I've never seen a post from a 2D user saying VC's should not exist, yet we often see VC enthusiasts saying "3D only" is the way forward. To make the VC remotely usable you need to have a head tracking system like Track IR. The idea of turning my head one way then moving my eyes the other to see the panel makes me sick to think about it. I don't like the idea of having to wear a hat to use flight sim, Also I need varifocal glasses which means my best vision is in a very narrow angle straight ahead. My glasses will move with my head, meaning I'll be looking at the panel at a less than optimal angle. Perhaps you will suggest I should get laser surgery as well as Track IR so I can fly the 3D only PMDG T7. RSR may be justifiably very proud of PMDG's ability to make excellent VC's, but until the eyepoint movement necessary to make the VC natural in FSX is available freely to all users a wonderful VC is NO SUBSTITUTE for a 2D panel for a significant number of customers. I see this as another in a series of broken pledges. When the J41 was released 3D only we were told it was not a top of the range product and that those would still continue to have 2D panels. Just one release later and it's no more 2D panels at all. 2D rules (for some of us anyway) Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guys, Vin and Robert were aware of the poll. They don't know who deleted as well.I can't talk in any way on behalf of the staff, but I'm almost sure that PMDG will come to talk, just give the guys some time. Update 1: Ryan is aware too.

for those who use Lua / Linda, here's what I use for the stabilizer trim. Will display onscreen the trim value as you adjust it:

function NGX_Elev_Trim_Inc ()	ipc.control(70310, 16384)	trim = format_num(tonumber(ipc.readLvar("L:ElevTrimTT")), 2, "")	--trim = tonumber(ipc.readLvar("L:ElevTrimTT"))	ipc.writeSTR(0x3380, "Stabilizer Trim: " .. trim);	ipc.writeSW(0x32FA, 2);end function NGX_Elev_Trim_Dec ()	ipc.control(70310, 8192)	trim = format_num(tonumber(ipc.readLvar("L:ElevTrimTT")), 2, "")	--trim = tonumber(ipc.readLvar("L:ElevTrimTT"))	ipc.writeSTR(0x3380, "Stabilizer Trim: " .. trim);	ipc.writeSW(0x32FA, 2);end

and for the fuel cutoff levers:

function NGX_Left_ENG_Cutoff ()	ipc.control(70320, 536870912)end function NGX_Right_ENG_Cutoff ()	ipc.control(70321, 536870912)end

with that and the existing spoilers key commands, you have pretty much everything you need from the TQ