Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Throttle Quadrant 2D panel missing?

It's just incredible who much some people can moan. You get by far the best product ever constructed and your find grounds for moaning!! Getting EZCA is not >>ONLY<< for NGX, it's great for every other aircraft out there! But it's YOUR choice if you don't want it, as it is for any other addon out there.Like many other addons, EZCA adds to reality and enables you to get many features, some being also easier usage of VC. Now, if you don't want that, and want NGX, why did you even buy NGX? It's like buying a sportscar but not getting appropriate tires to it! Just don't buy ANY addons any more, I think you'll be happier! Moaners should just get off right here, this thread should in my opinion be closed, as this discussion has imo ran it's course.

I think we're side tracking from the original issue which was the fact that people, myself included, bought this on the basis that it came with a 2D panel.Unfortunately PMDG decided it wasn't necessary to include a throttle quadrant with it and this makes it an incomplete package for us.I have a right to moan don't I !! I hope one of the developers either assures us that a throttle panel will be available soon, or accepts that they made an error of judgement and offer us a refund.Before this thread gets locked. wink.png

Think of it this way and never mind the VC vs 2D debate: You're told that the plane comes with a VC, then when you buy it you see that the VC throttle quadrant is missing in the virtual cockpit. It's a little disappointing, no? That's all there is to it, nothing more. But if PMDG only were to include fuel cut levers, trim and parking break handel in a nice 2D panel, in a future update, I would be happy!

Given the clarity of the VC, I would be OK with it if I could figure out how to move laterally in the VC. Panning around and zooming just puts you at awkward angles to many things. The flaps lever is pretty much unreachable. What's the best program for moving around? (that does not include putting some contraption on your head).
I totally agree! Those goofy angles are avoided in real life by moving the body and head to get a better view. This is why PMDG should NOT abandon 2D panels in this and in future products.

I think we're side tracking from the original issue which was the fact that people, myself included, bought this on the basis that it came with a 2D panel.Unfortunately PMDG decided it wasn't necessary to include a throttle quadrant with it and this makes it an incomplete package for us.I have a right to moan don't I !! I hope one of the developers either assures us that a throttle panel will be available soon, or accepts that they made an error of judgement and offer us a refund.Before this thread gets locked. wink.png
Exactly! We know the VC crowd's opinions, this isnt about that. Obviously none of them use a home cockpit or multi monitors and are happy with what THEY have. A lot of us are NOT happy by the misleading advertiziing from PMDG about the 2D cockpit and hope they decide to reverse their decision and include it in an update. It's obvious from the number of people replying to this and other threads that 2D is FAR from a 'legacy' product, for many reasons. With all the other problems PMDG has had with the release, I'm positive they are busy with priority items, and I am just as sure they are seeing they made a mistake with this, hopefully they will rectify it.

Jay

In the "Flight Training World", you should not be using 'gamer' software in the first place, should you? You should also read your licence agreements and Terms of Use more carefully, since you seem to be unaware that you are prohibited from using PMDG products for training purposes!
Since the release of FSX in 2006 the whole traing world has been using sim software for training purposes.Home cockpit building is now bigger than ever and a huge industry.The reason we use PMDG products is simple !! They are the best and so realistic etc........This software is too good to just be Gamer software. I'm sure PMDG don't consider it a Game !! Fred.

Exactly! We know the VC crowd's opinions, this isnt about that. Obviously none of them use a home cockpit or multi monitors and are happy with what THEY have. A lot of us are NOT happy by the misleading advertiziing from PMDG about the 2D cockpit and hope they decide to reverse their decision and include it in an update. It's obvious from the number of people replying to this and other threads that 2D is FAR from a 'legacy' product, for many reasons. With all the other problems PMDG has had with the release, I'm positive they are busy with priority items, and I am just as sure they are seeing they made a mistake with this, hopefully they will rectify it.
Can you explain to me what multiple monitors or a home cockpit has to do with 2D?I have a home cockpit setup, the only 2d panels I use are the ND,EICAS & PFD popups, all other switches are assigned to my hardware.That brings me to another point regarding the throttle console. Why don't you assign those switches to your throttle hardware?I don't think I have ever had the need to look at the throttle quadrant in vc or 2d.It amazes me that after buying the most complex airliner available in history some people want a refund because they can't point and click on a 2D panel :)

Rob Prest

I think it's pretty clear cut. People that use a single monitor and still rely on 2D because of habit/hardware restrictions need to move on.Technology changes, and you have to adapt with it because the NGX sure did. We can't live in the 1990's of computer gaming forever. However! People using 2D panels to undock and place on multiple screens to simulate cockpit building....these guys are getting the shaft from PMDG.I can completely sympathize with these simmers...they want to create something more immersive then just 1 screen and a VC environment and a multi-monitor 2D simpit is much, much cheaper then buying actual hardware and setting up a real simpit. Personally the only 2D panel I still use is the CDU.I have 1 monitor and use TrackIR + EZdok to navigate the rest of the cockpit, but if I were a PMDG customer that to date had built my simpit (not including the J41) around PMDG's continued inclusion of 2D panels and suddenly their brightest and most innovative product is missing 2D panels (and not something insignificant either, the throttle quad is pretty crucial to operating the aircraft properly)...I would be very disappointed. So, to the multi-monitor 2D simpit building crowd, you've got my support.To the single monitor 2D crowd, move on and stop using this topic as an excuse to further put off making a change in your simming life.

Just to give the 2D cockpit a voice, I reply to this topic.I work with 2 huge monitors and for me its the onliest way to fly and simulate in a realistic way. The statement of RSR, only to build 3D in future is not what I expect and is unconvenient to me.For sure, PMDG aircrafts are the best you can get but I do NOT support ONLY 3D and won´t buy any new products.Well, one customer less at a total of thousands - who cares. Nevertheless, I hope to get a 2D throttle quadrant for the new 737NGX.At the moment, this long expected aircraft is unfinished for me. Best regards from EDDFMichael

Simulation is about compromises. Is using a TrackIR exactly like sitting in the cockpit? No. Is it closer to real life than 2D panels? Yes. People who insist on 2D panels are part of the stubborn crowd, that can't embrace progress when it changes their habits. Apple has a nice solution for customers like this. They don't care about their thoughts. Apple always cuts and removes legacy features - if they hamper development. Do people stop using Apple products because of this? No. Stubborn customers learn to adapt when their "favorite" legacy feature are cut and removed, because they have no choice. I'm almost certain that 90% of the 2D crowd still would buy the product, and that 90% of them would be perfectly happy with 3d panels within a week or two. The customers lost, would come back sooner or later, if not, the money saved in development by cutting legacy features would be made up for in shortened development time anyways.
Can't embrace progress ???let's see if you can think for a sec out of the boxand split your VC to a full 1:1 NG flightdeck ... ohh you can't.while you're looking to find you buttons, some of us, just need tochange a bit the angle of the eye to see it in our overhead panel for example,or in the display case, to look beyond our yoke and see "real" live DUs at work inthe MIP.Now that's a progress and you're stuck in the VR world.

I just do not understand why VC-only simmers lookng forward for that 2d-less cockpit airplanes. I really do not see what is benefits for them, and how 2d panels disturb their flying in VC Lj. prodanovic

My point is that when some features have past their date of extinction, they can and should be cut. Sharpening and focusing development efforts.
WHO do you think that sets the "date of extinction"? OUR MONEY! Not you alone, but it's the mass. That's supply/demand concept.
People who insist on 2D panels are part of the stubborn crowd, that can't embrace progress when it changes their habits. Apple has a nice solution for customers like this. They don't care about their thoughts. Apple always cuts and removes legacy features - if they hamper development. Do people stop using Apple products because of this? No. Stubborn customers learn to adapt when their "favorite" legacy feature are cut and removed, because they have no choice.
Steve Jobs don't give a F to his customers, that's why Android and Microsoft exists. That's why I'm not buying his products. Maybe if he add flash or SD Card slot I could buy. Flash is a legacy thing? Well, maybe it could be true, but there is HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people that simply won't buy an iPad/iPhone (I'm included) because of that. I'm NOT stubborn by telling them, that there is an OVERWHELMING HUGE DEMAND for 2D panels. Those users that use 2D Panels already tasted VC and didn't think it fits their needs. So they still demand on 2D, including me.
Getting EZCA is not >>ONLY<< for NGX, it's great for every other aircraft out there! But it's YOUR choice if you don't want it, as it is for any other addon out there.Like many other addons, EZCA adds to reality and enables you to get many features, some being also easier usage of VC. Now, if you don't want that, and want NGX, why did you even buy NGX? It's like buying a sportscar but not getting appropriate tires to it! Just don't buy ANY addons any more, I think you'll be happier! Moaners should just get off right here, this thread should in my opinion be closed, as this discussion has imo ran it's course.
Well, if you have enought money to buy TrackIR + EZCamera to COMPLEMENT a bad thing to turn into a "usable" thing, you should buy those for everyone here too. It's selfish when you say "you're not happy? okay, don't buy it then". We WANT to support PMDG. But hey, it's our money, it's all about customer satisfaction. Will the 777 be a PRO LEVEL with all the immersive systems simulated? YES! But I can assure you that I WILL NOT BUY it if it's VC-Only. You talk about moaning. Again, a selfish behavior, cause you suggest to lock the topic and interrupt 95% of people here that are unhappy with the fact that we don't have a throttle quadrant! Maybe the one who should "get off right here" (in your own words) is YOU.
Since the release of FSX in 2006 the whole traing world has been using sim software for training purposes.Home cockpit building is now bigger than ever and a huge industry.The reason we use PMDG products is simple !! They are the best and so realistic etc........This software is too good to just be Gamer software. I'm sure PMDG don't consider it a Game !! Fred.
Fred, NGX is a "Boeing Certified Product". Don't bother to the people with "political correctness" saying you can't use NGX to train procedures. You're not using it alone to have a type-rating! THAT would be illegal, but clearly it's not the case here. By the way, NO ONE use it like that!
For sure, PMDG aircrafts are the best you can get but I do NOT support ONLY 3D and won´t buy any new products.Well, one customer less at a total of thousands - who cares.
You're not alone, Michael.There is THOUSANDS of people who prefers 2D instead of VC, but I guarantee you that most of them simply don't raise their hands here in the forum.Only in this thread alone, you can count AT LEAST 70 people who are with you. There's many more threads complaining about 2D panels x VC out there.

WHO do you think that sets the "date of extinction"? OUR MONEY! Not you alone, but it's the mass. That's supply/demand concept.
Sometimes customers need some help to understand where the puck is headed. Cutting legacy features is a very efficient way of doing this. The moral is: 95% of the people who voice their desperate need of 2D panels, will still buy upcoming PMDGs products without 2D panels. Nobody believes this cliché: "then I will not buy it". Of-course you will, why would you miss out the best simulations available for your desktop? On homebuilder cockpits:I've heard that there will come an SDK for 737NGX and probably for future products, if there is a market a third party will sooner or later develop a homebuilder kit with all the 2d panels you need. Software cost is not an issue with home built cockpits.

The moral is: 95% of the people who voice their desperate need of 2D panels, will still buy upcoming PMDGs products without 2D panels. Nobody believes this cliché: "then I will not buy it". Of-course you will, why would you miss out the best simulations available for your desktop?
Nope... And I don't think PMDG approves of users adding panels to their creation and putting them up for download by anyone without consent.

The moral is: 95% of the people who voice their desperate need of 2D panels, will still buy upcoming PMDGs products without 2D panels. Nobody believes this cliché: "then I will not buy it". Of-course you will, why would you miss out the best simulations available for your desktop?
Sorry, Mike... But you couldn't be more wrong. Don't make such assumption! I didn't buy J41 and I'd love to have it. Same will occur with T7.