Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Throttle Quadrant 2D panel missing?

3 years plus is too much time ? Your plane, my money, any company that tries to force me to to use a VC when I prefer 2D, ESPECIALLY with multi monitors, won't be getting it. Pretty dumb decision.
3 years plus is too much time ? Your plane, my money, any company that tries to force me to to use a VC when I prefer 2D, ESPECIALLY with multi monitors, won't be getting it. Pretty dumb decision.
Gents- This was a deliberate decision because of the animation and time resources that are required to model it. 2D panels are going away for all future projects- so this would be a great product to start practicing VC use!
Well then can you explain to me how one is supposed to control the speed brake while descending while looking out the front window and everything else that is required? Shifting the view around to the pedestal, moving the mouse to the lever, pulling the lever, panning back to the front to see the speed, then panning back to the lever to turn it off is a good way to end up plowing into the ground...Worried.gif Henri

Henri Arsenault

Given the clarity of the VC, I would be OK with it if I could figure out how to move laterally in the VC. Panning around and zooming just puts you at awkward angles to many things. The flaps lever is pretty much unreachable. What's the best program for moving around? (that does not include putting some contraption on your head).

What's the best program for moving around?
The EZDok camera addon (available from Flight1)

The EZDok camera addon (available from Flight1)
Thanks. I'll check it out.

As a 'workaround', go to the 'New View' menu and select the 'pedastal' view, undock it, place it on the second monitor, then set the angle and zoom. It aint perfect but it works

Jay

Wel I am a 2D panel user. Mainly because I got a 5 multiple display setup. (all 4:3). In VC mode I can only use 3 (TH2GO). Also, the 2D panels freeze when I got VC open on the TH2GO. If 2D is going to disapear, half of my hardware become useless and I need to invest in 16:9 displays. Also What to think of touchscreens that where build in home made cockpits? There are a lot around. So those costumers need to rethink their cockpit design? B.r Wessel

As a 'workaround', go to the 'New View' menu and select the 'pedastal' view, undock it, place it on the second monitor, then set the angle and zoom. It aint perfect but it works
I used 2d in fs9 but use 3d in FSX. If I were to use 2d again, wouldn't this suggestion be the same as a 2d throttle quadrant? Unless doing this decreases your fps, I really don't see the need to complain.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

There shouldn't be the need for work arounds!I'ts not just the people with multi monitor setups that have been left out. There are plenty of us using just the one and use the 2D panel as our main cockpit view. Anyone know what PMDG's refund policy is?I couldn't find anything on their site.

There shouldn't be the need for work arounds!I'ts not just the people with multi monitor setups that have been left out. There are plenty of us using just the one and use the 2D panel as our main cockpit view. Anyone know what PMDG's refund policy is?I couldn't find anything on their site.
I completely agree with you, but, maybe it's because I don't use the 2d anymore, but I have tried the new window thing and centering the view on the throttle quadrant and at least to me, it is the same as having a 2d quadrant. I also respect your opinion, buy it seems some people are making it a bigger issue than it is.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Guys, if you have FSUIPC4 (registered) I can program a little script to manage all the functions in the TQ via keyboard / panel / joystick buttons. Just figured out how to adjust the stabilizer trim and could display the position of the trim in the screen to make it easier to trim the aircraft. I was going to wait for the SDK, but as a temporary solution it could be okUsing LINDA you'll be set in a matter of seconds

Guys, if you have FSUIPC4 (registered) I can program a little script to manage all the functions in the TQ via keyboard / panel / joystick buttons. Just figured out how to adjust the stabilizer trim and could display the position of the trim in the screen to make it easier to trim the aircraft. I was going to wait for the SDK, but as a temporary solution it could be okUsing LINDA you'll be set in a matter of seconds
I appreciate your help mate, but again, it shouldn't be needed.I bought the NGX on the understanding it had a 2D panel and had I known it was incomplete I would not have.The VC is pretty to look at but as far as I'm concerned, it's never going to be a way of operating an airliner.

I agree

Cancel that idea. Just tested this on a friends machine and opening a 'new view' locks up the MCP and the only way to get it back is to close the view and refresh the plane.

Jay