Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Throttle Quadrant 2D panel missing?

sorry was time heavy and not frame heavy ...
Ups!, I missed that thread in the post release frenzy. Thanks for the link :)

I was wondering the same. Hard to get the engines started, and shut down. PMDG must have for got it. JerryF
They didn't forget it. If you read the intro .pdf, they reference the absence of the panel. -jr

I feel I've been conned by this.I can't fly in VC so I was pleased to know that this was shipping with a 2D panel.Not having the throttle panel makes it incomplete and pretty much unusable.mad.gif

I have done 2 flights so far, and can't say that this is what I expected from PMDG. I can learn to live with it, but there are a couple other issues. JerryF

And FO panel! Without these two panels it`s not what I expected for a PMDG product, IMO.

i dont miss the throttle quandant since i fly only in vc since better easy to look around than in 2d anyway i used to hate vc and used only 2 d but now its the other way vc all the way

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Gents- This was a deliberate decision because of the animation and time resources that are required to model it. 2D panels are going away for all future projects- so this would be a great product to start practicing VC use!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents- This was a deliberate decision because of the animation and time resources that are required to model it. 2D panels are going away for all future projects- so this would be a great product to start practicing VC use!
3 years plus is too much time ? Your plane, my money, any company that tries to force me to to use a VC when I prefer 2D, ESPECIALLY with multi monitors, won't be getting it. Pretty dumb decision.

Jay

3 years plus is too much time ? Your plane, my money, any company that tries to force me to to use a VC when I prefer 2D, ESPECIALLY with multi monitors, won't be getting it. Pretty dumb decision.
how are they forcing u to buy it they coming around twisting ur arm around ur back easy just dont buy it so simple no need to go and whinge

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Cannot believe PMDG did away with the throttle stand. So this means that some of us who want to carry out engine-out procedures etc will have to go to VC mode and then back to the 2D panel everytime. Also its impossible to see the "Recall" switch on the FO side panel in 2D but gather this means we have to switch to VC to have a look at the system annunicator lights which is really annoying. I still cannot figure out why PMDG would do away with 2D when I am sure a number of us use multi-monitors.

I dont use 2d but You can just press shift+a to go to the center pedestal. Then move the viewpoint to the throttle quadrant. It is 3d but looks just like a 2d throttle quadrant looks like.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Whats wrong with using the VC?
Flying in vc is not as smooth as in 2D panels for some older systems, and some users just prefer flying in 2D panels.

I feel I've been conned by this. I can't fly in VC so I was pleased to know that this was shipping with a 2D panel. Not having the throttle panel makes it incomplete and pretty much unusable.mad.gif
Seconded.