Sign in to follow this  
tonibamestre

And after PMDG B777 ?

OMG you are fussing over wingflex?? FGS you fly from the cockpit, so I dont think the pilot would be looking at the wings all the time. Seriously, if thats your major concern in life then I worry for you.

Inactive

Some people like to take screenshots and sit in passenger cabin during the flight sometimes, and I'm sure that a well done wingflex encourages that. By your logic, they shouldn't even make an external model since you fly from the cockpit, no?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Some people like to take screenshots and sit in passenger cabin during the flight sometimes, and I'm sure that a well done wingflex encourages that. By your logic, they shouldn't even make an external model since you fly from the cockpit, no?
Not even close .. his point was that with all that is right about NGX .... wing flex is a small part.

Not even close .. his point was that with all that is right about NGX .... wing flex is a small part.
Oh, must have missed that. My bad.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The airplane can't fly as a cockpit, you need to have an aerodynamics airframe with powerplant.

Inactive

I still dont get why people say the 777/747 is limited on short haul routes real world, There are plenty out there, I can even think of a few real world routes that are under 30mins on the 777/747/A340/A330. and thats not even getting into the cargo routes. Regards

Rob Prest

I am a long haul guy too! My thing is payware airports only with AES I have KATL, KJFK, VHHH, VHHX, EGLL, EHAM, KSFO, WSSS, and TNCM. I can't wait for an AES abled Japan airport. I may decide on a South American one this weekend.
I am with you guys, I am a long hauler fan when it comes to tubeliners and freighters. Even with the amazing VC of the NGX, I find myself still drawn to the 747's flight deck, its just so roomy and inviting...it says 'come sit here and be comfortable for a while'. So bring on the 777 and the 747v2 :) The MD-11's flight deck is very nice too, tho I find it almost too 'simple'...I think it more similar to Airbus in terms of automated operation. The only reason I really got the NGX was I know it will be required for the 700ER and BBJ releases. Oh...I sure hope they do a freighter NGX...particularly the BBJC.

I am with you guys, I am a long hauler fan when it comes to tubeliners and freighters. Even with the amazing VC of the NGX, I find myself still drawn to the 747's flight deck, its just so roomy and inviting...it says 'come sit here and be comfortable for a while'. So bring on the 777 and the 747v2 :) The MD-11's flight deck is very nice too, tho I find it almost too 'simple'...I think it more similar to Airbus in terms of automated operation. The only reason I really got the NGX was I know it will be required for the 700ER and BBJ releases. Oh...I sure hope they do a freighter NGX...particularly the BBJC.
+1 I find the MD-11's flight deck too "cold" in my opinion. The 747 is, as you said, cozy for a bucket of long hours biggrin.png same with the 777, most likely due to their cockpit color.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

they should do the current workhorse, 737-400, its still used widely, and the PIC version is bad.

I used to live in Japan during the 90s and flew from Nagoya to Tokyo Narita a couple of times on JAL 747-400s. The flight was about 45 mins or so. Also used to go to LAX-Seoul-Nagoya via Korean Air 747. Even the Seoul-Nagoya leg would be on the 747 as well, sometiems the same one that flew from LAX, demonstrating the 747s flexibility between long and short hauls. It's use as a high density short haul aircraft is popular in Asian areas.

I still dont get why people say the 777/747 is limited on short haul routes real world, There are plenty out there, I can even think of a few real world routes that are under 30mins on the 777/747/A340/A330. and thats not even getting into the cargo routes. Regards
catch up with us now Straight Face.gif ....no one said that there isnt any 747 routes .. the discussion is centered on the fact that if you like to fly real world routes but dont have 8 hours .. it becomes limited. Thats just a fact, really no sound argument to that fact can be made.

I imagine a 747v2 would be fairly easy job for PMDG...at least compared to the NGX. All the Queen really needs is an updated VC with textures and lighting. Of course that is easier said than done. The visual model is fine, FDE and systems modelling are already fantastic.

1st:Updated MD11 and 747(graphics)2nd:A New Russian Airliner(TU204, SSJ100, IL96 etc...)3:A ATR! Dimitri Podmarkov