Sign in to follow this  
Cool_ryguy327

Weird Terrain warnings.

I get this issue at munich airport southbound on 5000 feet, too. Proceed Munich VOR and descent from 8000 feet to 5000 feet i get terrain warnings. I dont have installed any mesh or other terrain addons its all default. Munich Aiport is installed from Aerosoft thats all. My baro settings for minimum was set to radio 397 feet, but before i get the 9090 bug. Hope this helps.

Just thought I'd add a screenshot of my terrain warning while on the ground parked at LEBL after landing. Yes I have custom scenery but I can bet that you would still have same results with default scenery too. I think the terrain database definately needs looked at. leblterrain.png Jason Paver

I've had this on just about every flight I've done. Approaching Oslo, Stockholm and this evening, Antalya

Surprised without so many responses why we're not getting a response from PMDG? Of course I know they're busy and activation issues and freezes are top priority as they should be. I just hope PMDG adds it to the list of investigations.

Got it going into LFMT(appraoch over the water also) - and I notice once its on you cant deselect Terrain at all then from the map - you stuck with it till you reset the flight. where if you havent had the warning you can still toggle terrain on and off. I too am suprised this isnt being added to the Tracking thread.

Same things happened once in DEFAULT VIDP (Delhi) No special scenery, nothing, just a normal ILS approach, right on glideslope and about 1000ft AGL, and I get the 'pull up' and the terrain warnings.

Hey guys I was advised by PMDG that this problem may be related to OOM issues. At least on my system running a 32 bit OS. My issue involved terrain warnings coupled with a full airplane freeze soon after on approach to KSEA. It makes sense to me.

Hey guys I was advised by PMDG that this problem may be related to OOM issues. At least on my system running a 32 bit OS. My issue involved terrain warnings coupled with a full airplane freeze soon after on approach to KSEA. It makes sense to me.
I don't think so. I have 64-bit Win 7 professional with 6 GB RAM. I don't know how I could have an OOM issue. It never seems to be using more than 3 GB when I'm running the sim. If that causes an OOM issue then how could anyone run it since FSX is technically a 32-bit program?

Just thought I'd add a screenshot of my terrain warning while on the ground parked at LEBL after landing. Yes I have custom scenery but I can bet that you would still have same results with default scenery too. I think the terrain database definately needs looked at. leblterrain.png Jason Paver
This is exactly the same terrain ND situation which I had on my ND after landing in LEBL. Start the SIM new at same position and everything is okay. I guess the terrain base is behind as I have already said

This is exactly the same terrain ND situation which I had on my ND after landing in LEBL. Start the SIM new at same position and everything is okay. I guess the terrain base is behind as I have already said
I agree here too. It also seems to not know when you are on the ground?

I don't think so. I have 64-bit Win 7 professional with 6 GB RAM. I don't know how I could have an OOM issue. It never seems to be using more than 3 GB when I'm running the sim. If that causes an OOM issue then how could anyone run it since FSX is technically a 32-bit program?
You could have 4million gb of ram and get oom errors in fsx, it isn't running out of physical ram as such, it's the way the memory is handled, bit complicated to explain but ram can get fragmented so, to fsx it ends up not being able to allocate it correctly, the PMDG coding may add to this if there something that causing a memory leak, and the terrain feature may be doing so. I have 8gb of ram and although not often I have had an oom error occur when using the ngx...something never occurred with other addon...that said I see that this fault is now on the tracking thread, so hopefully we will see something as to why we are getting these strange terrain warnings especially when flying over water.

I get this issue at munich airport southbound on 5000 feet, too. Proceed Munich VOR and descent from 8000 feet to 5000 feet i get terrain warnings. I dont have installed any mesh or other terrain addons its all default. Munich Aiport is installed from Aerosoft thats all. My baro settings for minimum was set to radio 397 feet, but before i get the 9090 bug. Hope this helps.
Hi Swen, I got the exact same behaviour at MUN airport.At 5000 feet as well. It was my second flight and the sim was running for at least 4 hours. Soon After I experienced a complete freeze of the panel, the plane was still flying but was unusable (no controls worked).I stopped FSX. Applied the PMDG hotfix and then reload a saved flight and I was then able to finish landing at MUN (this time I had no terrain warnings) Yves

On approach flying CYFB-CYQB (Quebec) using the ILS RWY 06 I had terrain warnings all the way down to the runway starting at about 5000 ft. This isn't the first time it's happened it's just the first one I thought I'd share.