Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer+Pilot

Innsbruck - LLZ DME East Approach, Circle to Land RWY08

Can someone explain why none lands on rwy26? :(
Because it's too easy !! :Whistle:Fred.

Alright, just to mention that after watching videos from this thread and also couple of hundreds just on youtube, I can tell for sure, that 95% of all simmers complete noobs for which NGX is cool just because of nice VC and so on. I honestly never seen any video with even 80% of procedures correct.So it doesnt matter if it's easier or not if you can't even do everything right on straight-in approach.

Alright, just to mention that after watching videos from this thread and also couple of hundreds just on youtube, I can tell for sure, that 95% of all simmers complete noobs for which NGX is cool just because of nice VC and so on. I honestly never seen any video with even 80% of procedures correct.So it doesnt matter if it's easier or not if you can't even do everything right on straight-in approach.
lol you lost me on this one what do u mean by " ngx is cool just because of nice vc and so on" what has this got to do with landing on rwy 26 at lowi, and that 80 % procedures arn't procedurely correct. If they arnt to your standard can u post the correct procedure so that us 95% noobs can conform to your standard

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Don't be such a 'killjoy' my friend. We're not all perfectionists.For some of us, it's simply a thrill to get the bird down from that approach without breaking anything LOL.gif

lol you lost me on this one what do u mean by " ngx is cool just because of nice vc and so on" what has this got to do with landing on rwy 26 at lowi, and that 80 % procedures arn't procedurely correct. If they arnt to your standard can u post the correct procedure so that us 95% noobs can conform to your standard
What do you mean by "my standarts"?All procedures are given by FCOM from Boeing. There is a whole chapter for each phase of flight. All pilots follow this procedures. Airline can make their SOP and customize this procedure a little bit. In FTCM, there is a chapter for each phase of flight with diagrams showing when to rectract flaps, gear and so on for diffent types of approach. I don't see any point of making videos, because there is no point. You not going to learn just from watching videos. It's impossible to understand such mechanism as plane without reading it's manuals.
Don't be such a 'killjoy' my friend. We're not all perfectionists.For some of us, it's simply a thrill to get the bird down from that approach without breaking anything LOL.gif
So whats the point of making videos of landing just "without breaking anything"?Firstly, I find it silly to show how wick you knowledge. Secondly, I find it silly because you spend a time for nothing.

What do you mean by "my standarts"?All procedures are given by FCOM from Boeing. There is a whole chapter for each phase of flight. All pilots follow this procedures. Airline can make their SOP and customize this procedure a little bit. In FTCM, there is a chapter for each phase of flight with diagrams showing when to rectract flaps, gear and so on for diffent types of approach.I don't see any point of making videos, because there is no point. You not going to learn just from watching videos. It's impossible to understand such mechanism as plane without reading it's manuals.So whats the point of making videos of landing just "without breaking anything"?Firstly, I find it silly to show how wick you knowledge. Secondly, I find it silly because you spend a time for nothing.
Like to know where u got the figure 95% of us are noobs from or did u just plucked it from one of your books you got there. You will find that videos now are widely used as instructional purposes nowadays in all forms of life.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Like to know where u got the figure 95% of us are noobs from or did u just plucked it from one of your books you got there. You will find that videos now are widely used as instructional purposes nowadays in all forms of life.
I got it from youtube. Go to search and type something like 737ngx cockpit approach or vatsim ngx landing.I saw just 1 or 2 videos where most of the procedures were done well, and sadly it was even not on NGX. That's all. Compare to the number of all youtube sim landings. There are thousands of them.

By the way I have a question to people who knows this airport well. How do you choose the minimums? The charts gives you different mins for different go-abound climb gradient. How do you know which one to choose?I asked the real 737-500 captain, but he couldnt answer cause he never been in airport like this.

Just to offer some variety to the approaches into LOWI (and the long conversations in this thread), I'd suggest you try a few high and difficult approaches in South America that are challenging and can be spectacular with the right sceneries.Cuzco (SPZO) approach to runway 28Cochabamba (SLCB) VOR DME 2 approach to runway 14Sucre (SLSU), particularly the VOR DME 3 approach to Rwy 23, with circling approach to runway 05Tarija (SLTJ) with its "bowtie" VOR DME NDB-1 approach to runway 13Try to depart from La Paz (SLLP) at 13,330 ft., which will require that you manage your take-off load and fuel rather carefully.Latin VFR (I have no connection to them, other than being a client) has sceneries for SPZO and SLSU. For the latter, it includes the "hump" in the middle of the runway, that quite nicely replicates the great difference in elevation between the runway thresholds. I have not been able to find FSX sceneries for SLTJ or SLCB, but the default or FSGlobal2010 do a great job.Charts for the SLxx airports can be found at www.firbolivia.org.This should keep us all busy until the second tutorial makes its way.Enjoy!Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I personally still have some problems with "curved" final approaches, such as the KDCA river visual to rwy 19, or the KLGA rwy 31 expressway visual. How do you make the turn and keep the proper descent, while watching for the approaching runway at the same time?

lol this is the best post I've read all day

I personally still have some problems with "curved" final approaches, such as the KDCA river visual to rwy 19, or the KLGA rwy 31 expressway visual. How do you make the turn and keep the proper descent, while watching for the approaching runway at the same time?
You have to practice. You have to learn the charts very well and know what average fpm you need on diiferent stages of approach . To make life easier, recycle flight directors in this kind of approaches. On final keep an eye on PAPI.Its not hard if you prepare for it well

To make life easier, recycle flight directors in this kind of approaches.
What exactly do you mean? I would guess "recycling" means to turn them off and on. What is the purpose of this?