Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer+Pilot

Innsbruck - LLZ DME East Approach, Circle to Land RWY08

Just a view tips to make it 100% correct as in the real world,Breaking off to the left at AB fly heading of 229 and turn to downwind heading 264 as you can see on the approach charts.Your downwind is to much to the left side mountain, not allowed in real world and avoided with heading 264You are using Innsbruck approach from Aerosoft so you have 2 visual references as used in real world, the small lake at your left side or the first glimp of the Europabrucke.Full flaps on downwind is giving to much drag versus engine noise for the environment (umweltschutz) and not allowed by Government, Flaps 25 with 145-150 KTS is fineBe sure to clean up 800ft between Base leg (western part of Axams) and turning Final to get straight on the PAPI lights (Final at 2900 ft do the job) Final speed +/- 135 KTS (Depent on PAX) Flaps 30 Autobrake 2You landed the bird but in real operation it results in a Aircraft Carrier Deck Landing and TUI will not be pleased with the gear structural damage.So a few small exercices and you are ready for the next challenge, The Western Approach via Kempten - Elmem - KTI and down to 4500ft for the right hand turn overhead AB for joining downwind RW08.If you want visual references, watch my 2 video's KLM763 (Eastern Approach) and Transavia763 (Western Approach) for RW08 Circle to land as mentioned a few clicks above in these topic...Happy landings...
Sound like an Innsbruck Pro.. can you do a video for us? ;) It was my first video attempt, I have no official Innsbruck approach training in real world.. it was just a try.. the initial descendrate into the baseleg was to less.. and at final approach the NGX did not act like in reality with flaps 40... Do you fly 737? In real it would "fall out of the sky" with that power setting Flaps 40! So don´t judge me for the landing ;) In real it would have been a go around of course!

Sound like an Innsbruck Pro.. can you do a video for us? ;) It was my first video attempt, I have no official Innsbruck approach training in real world.. it was just a try.. the initial descendrate into the baseleg was to less.. and at final approach the NGX did not act like in reality with flaps 40... Do you fly 737? In real it would "fall out of the sky" with that power setting Flaps 40! So don´t judge me for the landing ;) In real it would have been a go around of course!
As I said, go a few clicks above in these topic and look for my contribution with the Eastern with the 767 (part 4) and a short version with a 737 Western approach both on LOWI.

Hi to you all,I just uploaded a short video I made from the Final at Innsbruck RW08 approach.

Hope you people like it, and if you have any tipps youre welcomeregardsRichard Oberwinkler
You've got him very close to the book. However, you made a extended downwind procedure normally flown with bigger birds as the 737 so start your base leg turn at the end (Westside) of the village (Axams) with autothrottle off and manage the throttle by hand. Your level turn to final was a bit to low (2700ft) and must be +/- 2900 ft... You compensated that with nose up but your Autothrottle can't compensate that quick enough and gave you very little safety margin with your speed.Happy landings...

I certainly would not think so.A pilot would not be at all interested in the outside scenery and the few shots that are of the cockpit show things are just not RW. (Stab out of trim......Underspeed limiting)Don't forget your strobes next time.The videos are very nice though and are nice to look at too.Well done.Fred.

mr simba, can you do a video which is not cutted, just the approach with camera to your flight instruments...? what I´ve seen was anything else but real procedures.. ;)

I certainly would not think so.Fred.
+1 Thanks Fred ;)

mr simba, can you do a video which is not cutted, just the approach with camera to your flight instruments...? what I´ve seen was anything else but real procedures.. ;)+1 Thanks Fred ;)
Well gents, the discussion is not if I'm a real 737 jocky but showing how the real procedures works at LOWI. That's the reason why I made the films. By the way, the PMDG 737 movie was a sunday afternoon first flight/video with that bird without servicepack and hotfixes on request to show in basic the Western Approach over KTI.So, what's your complain?Ahh, I see now, Mr. CircletoLand claims he is a real life 737 first officer... Maybe next time, make your self familiar with the LOWI procedures first (Jeppesen ?/!) before posting a pro video for your fans...For me it is totally irrelevant if you are a amateur simpilot or a real life pro but most of the AVSIM pilots want to learn and practise these procedures so please, If you want to do a discussion with me about the real life LOWI procedures, (Fred?...) do it with real arguments and not with silly statements as strobelights or other switches and strange warning lights on the flightdeck due to software bugs on a plane I'm not familiar with...And if you want to see my live excersises on LOWI without cut and paste movies, I'm every Wednesday evening on VATSIM on LOWI for both approaches... Put your self in the area as observer/pilot and keep an ear/eye on Transavia763 (iFly737) or KLM763 (Level-D 767)Cheers...

I am not complaining at all.I think your videos are very well made and presented.It's just that your are giving advice to a very experienced RW first officer who posted his video here yesterdaysaying it was the first attempt he made at making a video.As for me, I am much too busy teaching student pilots to fly the real plane and I have no interest in trying to make videos.I do like to write short tutorials here in the threads though.These are 2 of Berni's recent videos that he made especially to help the guys on here get a better idea of how a RW pilot does things.http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Fred.

I am not complaining at all.I think your videos are very well made and presented.It's just that your are giving advice to a very experienced RW first officer who posted his video here yesterdaysaying it was the first attempt he made at making a video.As for me, I am much too busy teaching student pilots to fly the real plane and I have no interest in trying to make videos.I do like to write short tutorials here in the threads though.These are 2 of Berni's recent videos that he made especially to help the guys on here get a better idea of how a RW pilot does things.http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Fred.
Fred... you talking nuts, I have seen his very well Corfu X movie and is a very good contribution to PMDG 737 Sim pilots that want to learn from each other to simulate as real as possible...When a real world 737 pilot post a totally incorrect flown approach at LOWI and a deck landing as a learning curve/ training video... Sorry, that makes no sense to me....

Hahaha, come down, everything will be fine... that video was not at all considered as training video... just a demonstration of NGX and Innsbruck by Aerosoft shortly after release.. The training videos have to be produced by the real pros.. ;) the real ops vatsim dudes.. sorry for that.. ;) LOL - No no, you are right. It´s sometimes difficult for me, in my position I have to do everything, every click, every procedure exactly correct.. because guys like you expect me to do so, if not - you have time to watch the video over and over again and find mistakes.. lot´s of mistakes! In reality we are two, we get special training for airports like Innsbruck and we do mistakes, not many because it´s not a one man show and most of the time your mistakes will be corrected by your college and vice versa... In the FS you are alone. You could do one approach again and again until you are doing perfect.. but I just tried to show the fantastic look of the NGX Flightdeck with all those nice MCP and FD modes.. next time I maybe take some more time to do it better ;)

Circletoland, I appreciate your video and remember you stating, "one of my first videos." Therefore, I didn't expect everything to be perfect, yet, it was still miles better than what your average sim pilot would, or could, produce. Some people take things just a wee bit too serious here, don't let them put you off making any more, as there are some of us that truly appreciate the effort and thought.

Circletoland, I appreciate your video and remember you stating, "one of my first videos." Therefore, I didn't expect everything to be perfect, yet, it was still miles better than what your average sim pilot would, or could, produce. Some people take things just a wee bit too serious here, don't let them put you off making any more, as there are some of us that truly appreciate the effort and thought.
Just what I think. Weiter so, Berni, and thanks for your videos!

Hahaha, come down, everything will be fine... that video was not at all considered as training video... just a demonstration of NGX and Innsbruck by Aerosoft shortly after release.. The training videos have to be produced by the real pros.. ;) the real ops vatsim dudes.. sorry for that.. ;) LOL - No no, you are right. It´s sometimes difficult for me, in my position I have to do everything, every click, every procedure exactly correct.. because guys like you expect me to do so, if not - you have time to watch the video over and over again and find mistakes.. lot´s of mistakes! In reality we are two, we get special training for airports like Innsbruck and we do mistakes, not many because it´s not a one man show and most of the time your mistakes will be corrected by your college and vice versa... In the FS you are alone. You could do one approach again and again until you are doing perfect.. but I just tried to show the fantastic look of the NGX Flightdeck with all those nice MCP and FD modes.. next time I maybe take some more time to do it better ;)
Well Mr. CircletoLand, I expected already these kind of childish reactions, also from your ###### and your real life status is for me crystel clear. There are lots of amateurs in the PMDG section doing a much better job..Just a demonstration of NGX and the Aerosoft scenery after release... Yeah right..There are already a few on the Internet but not from a pro ofcourse (?/!)and I think that the average PMDG NGX buyer is a serious Simpilot and knows very well how the flightdeck looks and more interested in the exact procedures and there you are falling very deep and hard.The 08 procedure is a Visual Approach procedure with reference points in combination with a approach chart and you are the first ATPL pilot I met without taking notice first of the Real Ops procedures.Beside of that, you are also the first that flown a Flaps 40, Gear Down config in level flight at 145 Kts and catch the PAPI under overshoot conditions. Ohh, yeah, the workload ofcourse... Well, a lot of Simpilots do the same all alone and handle also Vatsim/Ivao ATC...Ohh Yeah, ATC... The real Ops VATSIM Dudes... Don't forget that a lot of controllers ARE real life controllers... Hahaha, posting such a below amateur approach and blaming Vatsim dudes...LOL, Your a stand up comedian Mr. CircletoLand aka Skysurfer007 (do I hear the James Bond tune?)Only posting a half baked approach and landing to please your audience is in the same "professional" category as all the youtube video's from kids who flown a 747 or Concorde from and to LOWI so to all the CircletoLand fans, happy learning from him and please, come after finishing your training course online on Wednesday's Weekly Austria VATSIM event and show me, and others, how to hugh a Cumulus Graniticus in the LOWI area and showing relative simple short final procedures ending in a deck landing and give other pro's and amateurs a pleasant evening...After all, Nice try to boost your ego on a simforum as a real 737 jockey...Just my 2 cents...

Well Mr. CircletoLand, I expected already these kind of childish reactions, also from your ###### and for me it's crystel clear. You are a wanabee 737 pilot. There are lots of amateurs in the PMDG section doing a much better job..Only posting a half baked approach and landing to please your audience is in the same "professional" category as all the youtube video's from kids who flown a 747 or Concorde from and to LOWI so to all the CircletoLand fans, happy learning from him and please, come after finishing your training course online on Wednesday evening VATSIM and show me, and others, how you hugh a Cumulus Graniticus in the LOWI area and let us laugh...Just my 2 cents...
Lol for starters how about signing your name as per rules and make us laugh

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Maybe next time, make your self familiar with the LOWI procedures first (Jeppesen ?/!) before posting a pro video for your fans...
And why didn't you set the correct missed-approach altitude? Lost your charts, hmm?Btw. your Level-D ND is showing an nice kind of loop. Now i know why you are filming mostly from the cabine! happy.png@BerniPlease don't let yourself get provoked by this virtual self-constituted expert. All your shown videos are very interesting and helpful for the community, even the first one.

And why didn't you set the correct missed-approach altitude? Lost your charts, hmm?Btw. your Level-D ND is showing an nice kind of loop. Now i know why you are filming mostly from the cabine! happy.png@BerniPlease don't let yourself get provoked by this virtual self-constituted expert. All your shown videos are very interesting and helpful for the community, even the first one.
Well, the missed approach with a 767 is not possible in real world ops to Absam so back to RTT is the only option... Is also Transavia 737 real world ops procedure. Check the World Air Route Transavia 737 videoseries real world ops... Before making hughs to your friend, check the real procedures... and after all... I did'nt make my 767 movie with training intentions...