Sign in to follow this  
Lawyer+Pilot

Innsbruck - LLZ DME East Approach, Circle to Land RWY08

What exactly do you mean? I would guess "recycling" means to turn them off and on. What is the purpose of this?
Exactly. You get rid of directors. It interferes you with incorrect position.

By the way I have a question to people who knows this airport well.How do you choose the minimums? The charts gives you different mins for different go-abound climb gradient. How do you know which one to choose?I asked the real 737-500 captain, but he couldnt answer cause he never been in airport like this.
Apparently, you consult the manuals, Alexei.

,Apparently, you consult the manuals, Alexei.
Apparently he does and still doesnt know the answers maybe he need to watch some more videos on youtube LOL.gif

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On an approach into Innsbruck circling into 08 you better be keeping your eyes outside most of the time instead of worrying about analytical things.. Pilots still do fly by feel ya know..

Tony Fontaine

,Apparently, you consult the manuals, Alexei.
You can read the post again you know? I said "people who know this airport well" not who know how to post offtopic comments.Sure you know the answer, dont you?

You can read the post again you know? I said "people who know this airport well" not who know how to post offtopic comments.Sure you know the answer, dont you?
There some videoos on the lowi approaches and there are charts available as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There some videoos on the lowi approaches and there are charts available as well
It doesn't tell me what minimums to use. I have the latest Jeppesen charts. There are different minimums given for different missed approach climb gradient. Do you know which one you choose?

On an approach into Innsbruck circling into 08 you better be keeping your eyes outside most of the time instead of worrying about analytical things.. Pilots still do fly by feel ya know..
Yes, because if you dont look outside and just keep your eyes glued to the charts/displays, you might slam right into a mountain. Not that that's ever happened to me, of course. :(

Configure as early as possible whilst maintaining compliance with gradients/speeds/turn radius.WHEN you configure is up to you as pilot flying. So long as you don't break the aircraft and/or the requirements of the procedure, you're good.

Yes, because if you dont look outside and just keep your eyes glued to the charts/displays, you might slam right into a mountain. Not that that's ever happened to me, of course.
You are flying IFR - there is NO requirement to look out at all......... If you still put it in a mountain after flying an instrument procedure, you either had a gross navigational error in the instruments, or you, the pilot, f***ed up severely. :mellow:IIRC the step-down is on instruments. Only the turn to final is visual, and you are (should be!) near the middle of the valley at that point.Best regards,Robin.

Yes, because if you dont look outside and just keep your eyes glued to the charts/displays, you might slam right into a mountain. Not that that's ever happened to me, of course. :(
We're going to need a bigger boat...

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

This is going to be the approach in the 2nd tutorial flight...
I am looking forward to it !!Thanks.Fred.
Awesome.
Tutorial 2 ... when released ?
Wow! That's great Ryan! I'll be looking forward to that for sure.Thank you,Bob
Waiting for it!!!
Looking forward to the 2nd tutorial. Would this be enhanced by a third party airport - Aerosoft perhaps?
Guys, I'm preeeetty sure Ryan was joking. You might have to wait for tutorial 3. . . hundred.

Matt Cee

You are flying IFR - there is NO requirement to look out at all......... If you still put it in a mountain after flying an instrument procedure, you either had a gross navigational error in the instruments, or you, the pilot, f***ed up severely. :mellow:IIRC the step-down is on instruments. Only the turn to final is visual, and you are (should be!) near the middle of the valley at that point.Best regards,Robin.
Every airliner flies IFR, it matters if your IMC or VMC.. Why would you be staring inside the flight deck if you have visual conditions? You'd fail a checkride in a second with that attitude..

Tony Fontaine

Every airliner flies IFR, it matters if your IMC or VMC.. Why would you be staring inside the flight deck if you have visual conditions? You'd fail a checkride in a second with that attitude..
As I told, You have to keep one eye on visual and another on instruments.Thats a pilots job LOL.gifcrazy_eyes.jpg