Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

What is the obsession with the Autoland?

wow thats pretty sweet hardware.
Thanks ! Flightdeck Solutions make fantastic panels that are so realistic.The backlighting and all the knobs and switces work using Project Magenta software. Fred.

Thanks ! Flightdeck Solutions make fantastic panels that are so realistic.The backlighting and all the knobs and switces work using Project Magenta software. Fred.
I wish I could afford that for my house haha. Do they make A340/A380?

Yes we do! Some of us take offense at people referring to this as a video game! Especially after we spend years learning how to fly like real world pilots. I have over 6800 hrs flight time in the 737-767-747-MD11 planes on VATSIM. It a Sim!
In seven years on AVSIM, this is one of the most deluded, laughable, out of touch with reality posts I have ever read. You have 6800 hours in a sim / game (whatever you want to call it) NOT flight hours!

I use autoland exclusively. Can't be bothered to put in the effort to manually do a smooth landing, when the Autopilot can do it so much better.

Nope. Only airbus they have is the A320

I use autoland exclusively. Can't be bothered to put in the effort to manually do a smooth landing, when the Autopilot can do it so much better.
An autoland shouldn't be soft and smooth. The point of it is to put it the aircraft down on the runway in bad weather safely (ie without aquaplaning or bouncing)

Nope. Only airbus they have is the A320
That's because tthe software is not there for them yet !! Fred.

lol, B747 Landing Gear Assembly costs almost 300$ Lj. Prodanovic
The glareshield wings for the 777 cost $500...

lol, B747 Landing Gear Assembly costs almost 300$ Lj. Prodanovic
The glareshield wings for the 777 cost $500...
Welcome to the world of cockpit building !! A very expensive hobby. Fred.

Welcome to the world of cockpit building !! A very expensive hobby. Fred.
I think it can be hand made without spending so much money at plug and play products. :) It's cheaper to complete ATPL training than to build home cockpit with that products. Lj. Prodanovic

How much do the Boeing Flight Decks cost? I guessing something like that is around $50,000 or more? Just in case I ever win $250,000 on one of those scratch off tickets or maybe the Lottery. Big%20Grin.gif Currently can only afford an IVY Bridge, waiting for that to come out as my new Sim Rig.

LOL.gifJust%20Kidding.gif Yeah and the majority of them are flying outta places like KATL, KLAX and KSEA, cause that where most of the Noobs start. I even saw one at LAX one night that was using the FSX controls to float a 747-400 around the airport like a UFO and see how many people he could crash. Waiting.gif Didn't get me cause I turn it off on the ground till airborne.
To hear these peudo - pilots talk, you would think they can actually fly the real thing. sam bertien

How much do the Boeing Flight Decks cost? I guessing something like that is around $50,000 or more?
It's so expensive that they do not want to write product cost, so you have to email them to get full cost :) Lj. Prodanovic

Yes I was Ronan. I flew with KLM and Ryanair. Fred.
Cool, where were you based with FR? I'm friendly with a few of the Ryanair guys based in DUB, apparently they're having quite the problem with retaining their Capts ATM, Serves MOL right the B*****D. I'm sick and tired of hearing "But in Ryanair they do this" at managment meetings, it's about time MOL was shown who's boss. IIRC there was a show on "Nationwide" on RTE based on fixed base 737 sims down in EINN about 2 years ago, you weren't involved in that were you?

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg