Sign in to follow this  
MRkid

How does PMDG develpo their aircraft.

We all know how amazing PMDG is, but I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes. Thanks in advance for answering.

Well they have guys who use 3D modelling programs to model the exterior/virtual cockpit. They'll have technical guys who write the code for the aircraft. Ie the gauges, panels, sounds, flight dynamics, animations etc. Texturers for all the color, panel backgrounds, display colors etc. Pilots to test the flight dynamics, modelling, textures etc. The actual testing basically. They'll also have sources for the data required. Ie, speeds, flight dynamics data, colors of textures etc.

On the FS pod cast RSR was on he even said in the development of the NGX at times they had people in real 737NG simulator talking real time with the some of the development team to match accuracy. Rather impressive!

We all know how amazing PMDG is, but I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes. Thanks in advance for answering.
They probably gather around a swimming pool in some resort and decide on the project.Then they attend some team building session, perhaps hire a motivational speaker to boost morale.Then they rob a bank since they need this $1,000,000 to feed their families while they are hard at work.The rest is slow, painful, tedious and boring process of wrting lines of software.

Well i kinda meant what software (besides 3DS MAX) did they use. I guess I should've worded the OP differently.

Maybe Microsoft Visual Studios for the C++ or some other application that's powerful with C++ and debugging. I know they made their own SDK so they had to be neck deep in code.

The big programs used: Autodesk 3ds Max - VC and external modellingAdobe Photoshop CS5.x, Lightroom 3 - textures/photosMicrosoft Visual Studio - C++ codingAvid Pro Tools, Izotope - sounds

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can these programs especially the 3D modelling onw work well on you average GPU, average I mean what most of us have, gtx 560, 570, 580.

Can these programs especially the 3D modelling onw work well on you average GPU, average I mean what most of us have, gtx 560, 570, 580.
Vin has a GTX285, Jason has a GTX570.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Vin has a GTX285, Jason has a GTX570.
Ryan, can I ask. What is your speciality at PMDG? Coding? Modelling?

Ryan, can I ask. What is your speciality at PMDG? Coding? Modelling?
sound

Speaking of modelling, is GMAX developed by Autodesk, and are their any good tutorials on how to use it?