Sign in to follow this  
Kascu

GeForce 280.26 driver for those with NVIDIA Graphic cards

Hi ZK I think its system specific, shot in the dark really, I always try a new driver to see the good or bad lol, I'll tell you has really nice drivers but have not indulged yet due to my 270.61 running so nice is http://www.tweakforce.com/they usually have rocking drivers, to lazy lately to try the latest hot ones. Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

Rich Sennett

Sounds like you're looking at the directory the installer extracts the driver package to, not the driver that's installed.
DAN hello if thats the case how do i know which drivers i am useing..james

You are correct Ed, driver sweeper is not needed to remove.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guys, I have upgraded my Geforce graphic card driver from 275.50 to 280.26 and experienced a bump to higher FPS.. Not sure if new drivers helped..
Placebo?It's nearly impossible to create exact the same situation for comparing frames i.e some clouds more to render or AI in the scene and frames will drop a bit. FSX is such a poor old game for Nvidia and they don't optimize FSX specific.I have tested so many drivers in the past and there was not even one driver which improved frames really.

FSX is such a poor old game for Nvidia and they don't optimize FSX specific.I have tested so many drivers in the past and there was not even one driver which improved frames really.
This is 100% true. I will guarantee you no one's optimizing for a 6 year old title like FSX at Nvidia or AMD. The idea that a minor driver revision like this causes some huge difference in FPS or image quality in FSX is probably more likely due to settings changing or something like that or else yeah, placebo effect.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

DAN hello if thats the case how do i know which drivers i am using.
Hi James,nVidia Control Panel -> Help -> System Information On the left hand side it lists your card(s) and on the right hand side, first line, "Driver version".

Hi James,nVidia Control Panel -> Help -> System Information On the left hand side it lists your card(s) and on the right hand side, first line, "Driver version".
Thanks for that Dan,i have looked where you said it says 259.36...? the following 257.20258.96270.61275.33280.26 are just sitting in the nvida folder as explained above? so infact i have downloaded the drivers when they have @mailed me updates and i am still useing the drivers from when my system was new.so is there a benifit to change? and if so how do you do it?.i thought it was automatic when you downloaded them because the download says new drivers installed? i am confused.....thanks Danjames

Thanks for that Dan,i have looked where you said it says 259.36...? the following 257.20258.96270.61275.33280.26 are just sitting in the nvida folder as explained above? so infact i have downloaded the drivers when they have @mailed me updates and i am still useing the drivers from when my system was new.so is there a benifit to change? and if so how do you do it?.i thought it was automatic when you downloaded them because the download says new drivers installed? i am confused.....thanks Danjames
I tried the 275.33 driver and it resulted in BSODs. Don't know why, but since rolling back to 270.61, everything is just fine so thats where i am staying.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Open up the directory of whichever driver you want to install and run "setup.exe".

thanks dan,if its no good where can i find the drivers 259.36 that it is running on now to reinstall,and does updating drivers make a difference to fsx?thanks danjames