Sign in to follow this  
ARM505

Comparisons to RL

Awesome thread! If you'd write a book about all this, SImon, (using the same humour) I'd buy it instantly!!! It's a GREAT read! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I haven't read it all yet, but I surely will! Great stuff. (I got family living in SA (yes, I'm Dutch rolleyes.gif ), which adds a nice dimension to this thread for me. happy.png )

+1,000,0000 I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, that the detail he provides here is about as good or better than the only other "step by step" account I've had the pleasure of reading, and that was a book I bought years ago by Stanley Stewart called "Flying the Big Jets" Simon, I hope you will continue to add to this thread or better yet create your own blog, you will have many followers here hanging on your every word. You have a real talent for storytelling, and explaining complex procedures, you could easily make money by publishing your work!

When I load the TUrnaround FMC state, the aircraft has the reversers in open position, and I don't know why my Right FMC is turned off and I can't turn it on.

Alexis Mefano

Simon, I'll be the nth pereon to add my grateful appreciation for your time and experience. In my 30 + years of simming, I too, have never encountered such a useful and intresting thread!!!! Thanks so much for your time and effort!!!! Happy landings!!! and best Regards, Paul BenoitKBOS

same here. Many thanks for this great article. It's one of those rare moments when you find something you can't get that grin of your face.I had that when for example I discovered REX, when I first figured out what podcasts are and then found ' FSBreak' , when orbx came, and many more of those moments.For me, real life flying is out of the question, but the passion for aviation can be fueled by flightsims, spotting, and these great articles.Thanks again!!Eric

same here. Many thanks for this great article. It's one of those rare moments when you find something you can't get that grin of your face.I had that when for example I discovered REX, when I first figured out what podcasts are and then found ' FSBreak' , when orbx came, and many more of those moments.For me, real life flying is out of the question, but the passion for aviation can be fueled by flightsims, spotting, and these great articles.Thanks again!! Eric
And you forget about the moment you got your grubby fingers all over the NGX when it came out. Well... maybe your fingers weren't grubby... but mine were Big Grin.gif

Cristi Neagu

Didn't work too hard today - read this great article. Thanks for all the effort! Jim Parish

Best thread ever! Thanks for the great post. Now I know what to do with all those numbers ASE spits out in the weather brief.

Simon, you said that the runway turnoff lights are switched ON together with the taxi lights which was interesting news to me since I always thought they normally were used together with the landing lights rather than the taxi lights. If I get this right you turn the runway turnoff lights ON together with the taxi light after receiving taxi clearance but when do you turn them OFF again...during your after t/o flow? And when do they get back ON again when approaching the destination?Sorry if you maybe already covered this further ahead in this great thread, I haven't had the time to read all posts yet.

Richard Åsberg