Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liketofly1

Passenger Weight?

Hi all, Sorry if it's somewhere in the books, but what weight does the PMDG 737NGX calculate for each passenger? Is there a difference for fist and coach class? regardsrichi

Just my 2 cent's

ACH0928.jpg

I haven't found anything in the books either but. doing a little math, it should be around 75kg or a little bit more per passenger.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." - Leonard Nimoy

ASUS Prime Z270-K/Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz/be quiet! Black Rock 3 Pro/EVGA Geforce GTX960 4GB/16 GB Crucial DDR4-2400 RAM

Alexander Neugebauer

Hi it's a good question because I realized earlier that payload calculations made by TopCat utility is higher -by about 3,000LPS at a 140 passengers two class configuration- than the pay load @ NGX FMC with all variables are the same except for passenger weight ? That makes the NGX passengers more athletic and slimmer about 20LPS :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W10 64-bit, P3D v4.5 SP3, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I stand to be corrected
I think the industry standars is 195lbs per passenger. ( KG = ?) Im going by what i heard on aircraft investigation ( lol ) It used to be 175lbs, but when a plane crashed due to being over wieght ( useing 175lbs as an average weight per passenger) they changed this number as times change and people are getting fatter.

Regards

Luke M

Hi. We use 195 lbs in winter time and 190 lbs summer time in Dispatch (USA) but looks to me PMDG using different weights. I was using 195/190 and it never gave me right weights on total payloads.

Edward

i9-9900K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master | EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | CORSAIR H115i PRO Liquid CPU Cooler | G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) | CORSAIR RM850x PSU | W10 Pro | 50" Samsung QLED 4K TV | Prepar3D v5.1 | MSFS2020

We use two weights Summer and winter. 200lbs for a male, 185 for female 75 for children in the summer, in the winter its 215, 200, 75. I was hoping PMDG provided what they use.

18.png

Shane Walker CYYC - CARS 705 Flight Dispatcher 

I7-2600K @ 3.4GHZ - 8GB RAM - GTX10606GB - W10 - P3DV4.1 - ACTIVESKY -  REX4 + SOFT CLOUDS - EZCA2 - ORBX - FLIGHTBEAM - FSDREAMTEAM -FLYTAMPA - SIMADDONS - AEROSOFT CRJ - PMDG  -737/777/747 - TOPCAT + PFPX 

well when I added 10 first class passengers it added 1,800Lb. so for 1st class paxs it seems to be 180Lb/pax

Hi all.... Well, i did the math myself, so Passenger weight seems to be 180lb or 80kg per Passenger, never mind if first of second class.... How ever, I still have a question to the developers. Would it be possible to get a chart with the weights of the Airplane? Like DOW, MAX Taxi, MTOW, MAX Landing etc. and what the program actually uses for passengers in the different configs.I mean the actual weights the program uses..... Is there a change of weight for different configs? like normally there would be a difference if I only have one class or two class seating installed etc. regardrichi

Just my 2 cent's

ACH0928.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,690.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now