Sign in to follow this  
mcculchris

NO VNAV

hi i have had this for a few day and i cant seem to get it to work, i start the flight up and let it do its thing. i program the route in with sids and stars, then i put the fuel in but when i come to enter the crz FL as 180 for EGCC to EGLL, i get a message streight after entering it saying 'UNABLE CRZ ALT'. So i click clear but then my VNAV wont engage, so i take off and retract the flaps but once i have taken off i get the red overspeed bars all over the speed indicator till i touch down and they disappear, but when i am airborn and try to engage the VNAV it says 'unable next altitude', and switches to FL CH. both FD's are on all my altitudes are set in the fmc and my mcp is set to FL100ANY HELP PLEASE REALLY WANNA FLY THIS BIRD!!!!

Chris McCulloch

Ok hope i can set you in the right direction, Since egcc to egll is only a short flight fl180 is a high cruize alt for this short trip, Hence the unable crz alt message. So if you were to lower the alt say to fl100 then you should be good to go with the unable crz alt will go away. Once you done this vnav should engage normally hope this helps.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello anonymous, "ANY HELP PLEASE REALLY WANNA FLY THIS BIRD!!!! " Did you do the tutorial flight?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

@OP Please read.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Since egcc to egll is only a short flight fl180 is a high cruize alt for this short trip
FL180 is a very reasonable altitude which is easy to reach... BA use FL190 in RW for EGCC to EGLL. Get your facts right before criticizing.

Ok hope i can set you in the right direction, Since egcc to egll is only a short flight fl180 is a high cruize alt for this short trip, Hence the unable crz alt message. So if you were to lower the alt say to fl100 then you should be good to go with the unable crz alt will go away. Once you done this vnav should engage normally hope this helps.
I will give this a try but i know that FL180 is real word
Hello anonymous, "ANY HELP PLEASE REALLY WANNA FLY THIS BIRD!!!! " Did you do the tutorial flight?
no i didnt read the tutorial as i prefer self teaching
@OP Please read.
i have signed in and thought that i was showing my name, will double check
FL180 is a very reasonable altitude which is easy to reach... BA use FL190 in RW for EGCC to EGLL. Get your facts right before criticizing.
I knoow this is a fact as i went on SHT3N 1 month ago and got the RW flight plan from the captain :)

Chris McCulloch

And i wasnt criticing the op was just trying to solve his problem, unlike your coment helped the op in what way may i ask?. the reason he got the unable alt message is probably due to the short distance in between the weighpoints to climb to the fl180 is all i was stating

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

mcculchris & bobajob, As requested by David Roch, and so that your posts won't be blocked, please go to your username dropdown, at the top of the Forum page, and select 'My Settings'. From here, on the left select 'Signature'. In the 'Edit Signature' enter your Real Name, and press the 'Save Changes' button.

And i wasnt criticing the op was just trying to solve his problem, unlike your coment helped the op in what way may i ask?. the reason he got the unable alt message is probably due to the short distance in between the weighpoints to climb to the fl180 is all i was stating
hi cheers again, but unfrtunatly that has not helped except for this time when i entered 110, a message came up saying something like unable crz alt changed to 15000any clues????

Chris McCulloch

You may prefer "self teaching", but there is a lot of good information in that tutorial. It is a lot more difficult to sort through the Boeing docs..If doing the tutorial flight itself is not to your liking then just read through and apply the steps in that to your route.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hi i just tried using fl180 as my cruize level and when i entered fl180 the fmc changed it back down to fl145

Peter kelberg

Hi i just tried using fl180 as my cruize level and when i entered fl180 the fmc changed it back down to fl145
thats what i got at one point i am starting to wonder if it is anything to do with the biro or settings

Chris McCulloch