Sign in to follow this  
anondev

Flight is not what you are hoping for

To avoid more rumors getting around, I almost feel that this thread should be locked or deleted. The stuff said was obviously not true.
Why should Avsim lock this thread, they are not breaking any NDA. Anyway with all this smoke, a fire is more than likely going on, im not really surprised if it is true that Hawaii is the only thing included in the base pack. Then if that sells ok they more than likely will include other regions and more planes, so in the end we end up with a very expensive simulator/game or whatever it is. What i dont understand is how any serious simmer here can say it is ok what MS is doing, by locking out thirdparty developers it is goodbye to addons that made flightsimming fun and interesting. I can allready see for me in the live shop a MS made 747 for 19.99$ that comes with a Garmin GPS and is really easy to fly, press A to autoland.....press B to bomb the airport.

Hi` all The truth is that all that we have dreams that microsoft is building a new simulator fsx shape - no dreams, no need to delude ourselves that we will be happy with what we see ... this project from the beginning did not assume the continuation of the old MS flight simulator line...I will not at all surprised that this is true only for Hawaii scenery.I personally gave up already, real simmers need to focus on FSX and possibly watch the x-plane 10th, prepar 3D...I'm sorry to say this because I had high hopes with Flight ... overbrds Martin

Some of it is true, that I do know, at least the part about some payware developers not being happy with the way it is going. Al
Hi Chock are you sure this still stands? If you're refering to Mathijs Kok comments from Aerosoft not being too happy (I think there was a thread on this), that was a very long time ago shortly after the anouncement, we know much more about Flight now and I'm sure Aerosoft will support Flight 100% when it's released, Mathijs himself sometimes lets his emotions get the better of him but he's no fool and nor are Areosoft. I would be interested if these opinions of developers disatisfaction have surfaced since the last few months, Microsoft more or less made a commitment to the development community with the articles in PC Pilot and the Marketplace IMO can only strenghten development ties and not hinder it. Cheers,Dave.

Microsoft more or less made a commitment to the development community with the articles in PC Pilot and the Marketplace IMO can only strenghten development ties and not hinder it.
I'm not aware that Microsoft has made any committments to anyone.

LMAO.gif this thread, I can't breathe...........................The amount of bull$hit one smells in a day is not a force to be reckoned with LMAO.gif

This thread was probably made by that same idiot who runs that terrible FS YouTube channel who told everyone that Flight was canceled. Seems like a very bitter person. Or perhaps this is just a totally new idiot that we get to deal with.

Maybe the OP is just trying to throw us on the wrong trail...what do you think....will it be easy to e-mail this Husain Bengali dude? Husain Bengali's Summary - A passion for interactive entertainment, an unrelenting belief in its growth potential and an informed perspective on consumer behavior in the gaming industry- A keen eye for using data analytics to identify emerging trends and market opportunity- Excellent interpersonal, organization, prioritization and communication skills- Proficiency in Excel, Project, SharePoint and VSTS (for sprint task & bug tracking)- Highly knowledgeable about Xbox 360, Games for Windows and Xbox LIVE- Competent in SQL and Object Oriented Programming. Specialties Interactive Entertainment (Xbox, Xbox LIVE, Games for Windows), Solution Delivery, Client Management, Requirements Gathering, Cross-group Collaboration, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Technical documentation, Flight Simulation, User Education http://www.linkedin....ngali/5/288/3a7

Call me synical but the site this so called anonymous person posted on is boasting about the amount of traffic its getting. I'm pretty sure this is just trying to build traffic. Look how many people watched TenMinuteTaxi because of his rumour. I think I'll go and make something up on my site now.

Look how many people watched TenMinuteTaxi because of his rumour.
Look at how many peoples will take what ever he has to say seriously now.... There is a big brouhaha going on between some peoples since the OP posted....

Hi Chock are you sure this still stands? If you're refering to Mathijs Kok comments from Aerosoft not being too happy (I think there was a thread on this), that was a very long time ago shortly after the anouncement, we know much more about Flight now and I'm sure Aerosoft will support Flight 100% when it's released, Mathijs himself sometimes lets his emotions get the better of him but he's no fool and nor are Areosoft. I would be interested if these opinions of developers disatisfaction have surfaced since the last few months, Microsoft more or less made a commitment to the development community with the articles in PC Pilot and the Marketplace IMO can only strenghten development ties and not hinder it. Cheers,Dave.
Actually no, I wasn't referring to Aerosoft's Mathijs. Not gonna drag who it was I actually was referring to into the discussion to lend any more credence to the OP's assertion though, but, it is a pretty big one, you can probably guess it TBH. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here