Sign in to follow this  
marijn747berg

IFly NGX?

I just found this review on flightsim.com, in which the iFly 737 NG is referred to as the NGX...How many times is this mistake going to be made again and again... http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/ifly737n.html
HelloThey probably used the term NGX to differentiate between the FSX version they were reviewing and the FS9 version, nothing wrong in that.There is no actual Boeing NGX and I doubt if either i-Fly or PMDG has copyrighted the name NGX.Pretty much every addon that came out post FSX has "X" appended to the name. Nice review though Glyn

oh sorry, i thought PMDG did copyright the name, but al the same; in the FS comunnity, NGX sort of equals PMDG in my opiniontongue.png

As a lawyer working with this kind of problems I can tell you that it's VERY hard to copyright a letter combination. Just write NGX in Google and see for yourself! wink.png We'll just have to live with it. JJJ

I now see it's not really a legal issue, more an ethnical XD
Nothing ethical at all ..... NG is Boeing's name and the x denotes FSX addon.

Considering that in the same review, the author mentions the PMDG NGX, I consider it bad form the refer to the iFly as the NGX as well, no matter if it's for FSX. It's confusing to say the least. Also.... anyone noticed the "FS2994 PMDG" thing in the second paragraph?

Cristi Neagu

Considering that in the same review, the author mentions the PMDG NGX, I consider it bad form the refer to the iFly as the NGX as well, no matter if it's for FSX. It's confusing to say the least. Also.... anyone noticed the "FS2994 PMDG" thing in the second paragraph?
There are tons of errors/typos. It wasn't very well written at all.

Ifly NGX ... PMDG NGX .. confusing???

I noticed that as well, but I just chalked it up to me not being aware of some mod or something... (Re: FS2994)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

We're the only product actually called an "NGX". I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We're the only product actually called an "NGX". I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released...
Ryan, for real.... " I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released... " ??? PMDG is really great at what they do but, to revolutionize the RW Industryto the extent of appending an 'X' to the real deal LOL.gif C'mon now !!! GodfreyGcool.png

If PMDG hadn't beat Boeing to the NGX-punch.......I have no doubt Boeing would have went with NGX vs. 737 MAX....hehe