Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marijn747berg

IFly NGX?

I just found this review on flightsim.com, in which the iFly 737 NG is referred to as the NGX...How many times is this mistake going to be made again and again... http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/ifly737n.html
HelloThey probably used the term NGX to differentiate between the FSX version they were reviewing and the FS9 version, nothing wrong in that.There is no actual Boeing NGX and I doubt if either i-Fly or PMDG has copyrighted the name NGX.Pretty much every addon that came out post FSX has "X" appended to the name. Nice review though Glyn

As a lawyer working with this kind of problems I can tell you that it's VERY hard to copyright a letter combination. Just write NGX in Google and see for yourself! wink.png We'll just have to live with it. JJJ

I now see it's not really a legal issue, more an ethnical XD
Nothing ethical at all ..... NG is Boeing's name and the x denotes FSX addon.

Considering that in the same review, the author mentions the PMDG NGX, I consider it bad form the refer to the iFly as the NGX as well, no matter if it's for FSX. It's confusing to say the least. Also.... anyone noticed the "FS2994 PMDG" thing in the second paragraph?

Considering that in the same review, the author mentions the PMDG NGX, I consider it bad form the refer to the iFly as the NGX as well, no matter if it's for FSX. It's confusing to say the least. Also.... anyone noticed the "FS2994 PMDG" thing in the second paragraph?
There are tons of errors/typos. It wasn't very well written at all.

Ifly NGX ... PMDG NGX .. confusing???

I noticed that as well, but I just chalked it up to me not being aware of some mod or something... (Re: FS2994)

We're the only product actually called an "NGX". I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released...

We're the only product actually called an "NGX". I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released...
Ryan, for real.... " I've seen people referring to the real airplane as an "NGX" even since we announced and released... " ??? PMDG is really great at what they do but, to revolutionize the RW Industryto the extent of appending an 'X' to the real deal LOL.gif C'mon now !!! GodfreyGcool.png

If PMDG hadn't beat Boeing to the NGX-punch.......I have no doubt Boeing would have went with NGX vs. 737 MAX....hehe

I think the real 737 MAX would have sounded better as the 737 NGX :)

That reminds me of how in the video game world people referr to every three-letter acronym with upper-lower-upper case: "NgX", "EvE", "SwG" because of "WoW" without understanding the reasons why it's done that way with that game. It has nothing to do with ethics or ###### but it is a bit sloppy especially for a published review.