Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

P3D First impressions ?

Two questions. 1) Can I use a nvidia Inspector profile with P3D? 2) Are the flight dynamics the same as FSX, or are they improved and/or is there room for improvement? The only thing I don't like is the pricetag, I'm not a huge fan of monthly costs hehe... though I'm trying out Pilot Edge for the moment...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Two questions. 1) Can I use a nvidia Inspector profile with P3D? 2) Are the flight dynamics the same as FSX, or are they improved and/or is there room for improvement? The only thing I don't like is the pricetag, I'm not a huge fan of monthly costs hehe... though I'm trying out Pilot Edge for the moment...
1) yes, actually you can add prepar3d.exe to the fsx profile, it works great - menu font is going to look bad though, it reacts to supersampling very hard2) same, someone else must answer second point

Guest christopher barbas

Word Not Allowed and Colang thanks for the info.

1) yes, actually you can add prepar3d.exe to the fsx profile, it works great - menu font is going to look bad though, it reacts to supersampling very hard2) same, someone else must answer second point
I guess what I was hoping for was an "unlocked" fde engine or something. Hmmm, I'll still be looking at XP10 when it arrives.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess what I was hoping for was an "unlocked" fde engine or something. Hmmm, I'll still be looking at XP10 when it arrives.
Nope. All FSX/ESP engine from what I can tell.

Hi all,We all know more FPS does not mean necessary a smooth simulation. In this front does P3D win hands down? If P3D offers the same level of smoothness as a tuned FSX but with still lacking support for the add-ons that had cost us thousands, then what's the point?ThanksVu

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi all,We all know more FPS does not mean necessary a smooth simulation. In this front does P3D win hands down? If P3D offers the same level of smoothness as a tuned FSX but with still lacking support for the add-ons that had cost us thousands, then what's the point?ThanksVu
I like many am watching the whole Prepar3D thing to see where it leads. Right now I see no reason to switch from FSX. We have to remember it is in the very early stages of transition. I am hopefull that as the next couple of releases are made avail. then we will have more reasons to switch. All of this does take time. I don't know if you use ORBX products or follow their growth but It is my opinion that if they are excited about the future of PrePar3d then we should probably also be very hopeful.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I like many am watching the whole Prepar3D thing to see where it leads. Right now I see no reason to switch from FSX. We have to remember it is in the very early stages of transition. I am hopefull that as the next couple of releases are made avail. then we will have more reasons to switch. All of this does take time. I don't know if you use ORBX products or follow their growth but It is my opinion that if they are excited about the future of PrePar3d then we should probably also be very hopeful.
In my opinion, not enough positive difference exists for a mass conversion from FSX to P3D to occur, and there is still too much missing from the P3D platform in terms of third party support, although that will continue to evolve over time. If Flight turns out to be a Hawaii "game", then P3D will be poised to gain a large number of users when they release the DX11 version, but again, that version would need to have enough in it to compel people to migrate to it.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi there,This is my experience with 2 weeks playing around with P3D 1.2:1. CFG file tweeking with the famous tool is still valid as the most options are true for both FSX and P3D2. I cannot see any relevant differences in fps. I used the same model (R22), same default scenery and made every entry in fsx/p3d.cfg identical where appropiate. Tested with several sceneries.3. Scenery is absolute more stable. No blurries anymore. This is a big improvement!! No blurries is possible by tweaking FSX (vSync tweak) but will cost you a lot on fps. Not so with P3D (and this tweak also is not nessesary anymore).4. I installed the DodoSim Bell 206 add-on. Works great.5. I installed the NL2000 detailed scenery for The Netherlands (that is where I live). Works fine too.6. I miss the option to choose to start with the default flight or not (and let me choose what i want first)Hope that this is of any help in the decision proces.Peter