Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Eaglesoft Citation CJ1 Extreme V2.0 out. Did anyone bite yet ?

Thanks Bill, I had forgotten that Link.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's a shame that after three pages of discussion, only the first page has any real feedback from actual customers of the product. The rest has either been trivial bickering about unrelated issues that should have been dealt with outside of the topic, or direct responses from the developer. My feeling about the "just released, what are the impressions" topics is that it is an invitation for customers to provide their own experience with the product. I somehow doubt that the developer themselves will provide an objective, unbiased account about the product they themselves created. So, hopefully for the remainder of this thread we will hear from actual customers that can directly comment about their opinions of the product, and the rebuttals can be left to other customers that may have a different experience. Frankly I'm not interested in what the developer thinks, I'd like to hear from the consumer. So, setting everything else aside, what do the customers feel about this latest offering?

- Aaron

That position assumes that customers wish to brave the sometimes hazardous environment of public forums or that many even participate in such...We do know that a lot of loyal customers do not participate in public FS Forums due to the freeforall nature of some...In any event, perhaps folks will accomodate your wish...Nerd.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

So, setting everything else aside, what do the customers feel about this latest offering?
I had a quick look at the cj+. The exterior model looks nice. The Vc, imo, is not the best. Some buttons are hard to read..etc.If you buy it dreaming of pmdg quality in the vc you are in for a rude awakening. Mind you I'm talking about the looks not the fidelity of the simulation. More customers' opionions welcome.

That position assumes that customers wish to brave the sometimes hazardous environment of public forums or that many even participate in such...We do know that a lot of loyal customers do not participate in public FS Forums due to the freeforall nature of some...In any event, perhaps folks will accomodate your wish...Nerd.gif
I do make that assumption, but I'm feeling pretty good about it as this entire forum is populated by consumers. While it may be true that there is a silent majority of customers lacking representation in the forums, virtually every contributing member here is a consumer of one third party product or another. So it isn't unreasonable to expect that the handful who are represented here can provide an unbiased opinion of said product. It's just a shame that as the developer you aren't a part of that silent majority when it comes to these types of opinion solicitation threads. Your participation in these types of threads really don't serve to benefit the point of the original poster, nor do they serve to benefit the representation of your company as a whole in my opinion. You seem to be your own worst enemy in these cases.
I had a quick look at the cj+. The exterior model looks nice. The Vc, imo, is not the best. Some buttons are hard to read..etc.If you buy it dreaming of pmdg quality in the vc you are in for a rude awakening. Mind you I'm talking about the looks not the fidelity of the simulation. More customers' opionions welcome.
Thank you for your honest opinion and I too would welcome further comment on the product itself.

- Aaron

Hmm, so our direct participation with detailed answers such as number 58 above has no relevence in your view....You are welcome to your opinion and we to our own.cool.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why do threads discussing Eaglesoft products almost invariably follow this pattern?

Why do threads discussing Eaglesoft products almost invariably follow this pattern?
HelloIts an Avsim tradition.The usual suspects turn up in the thread, things are said..Ron reacts..David intervenes...Ed calls for calm..Just another day on the Avsim forums, much worse happens in my local pub smile.png

Anything you would like to share about this plane mad dog ?
HelloIf you enjoyed the ES CJ1 but wished for more complexity then you will be pleased with the systems here, the UNS-1 seems well done but is going to need some reading up on, very different to most FMC's I have used.The Chart viewer integrated into the displays is a nice touch but I will most likely not use it as all my charts are on the laptop.It fully uses all of my Goflight stuff so another box ticked, and that goes a long way to justifying the purchase for my uses. The graphics are somewhat upgraded from the original CJ1 with the addition of reflective VC windows ect.Someone mentioned that they are not up to PMDG's latest standards, true but then not many others are.Then again PMDG are not going to get a complex single pilot business jet to us any time soon.I like it, there are a few areas I would like to see improved but it is early days yet.

Haha, I was basically wondering the same thing when I posted this on the first page of this thread.
I hope this thread doesn't turn into one of those typical war of words threads any time a thread is opened regarding an ES product.
Funny how Eaglesoft threads always follow the same pattern by some one spouting off to get the ball rolling or something to that effect.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ah, someone who understands the reasons for building the CJ1+Our thanks Mad Dog.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

This is why developers should never be customer facing. At any rate, I got what I needed from this thread and hopefully the OP did as well.

- Aaron

This is why developers should never be customer facing. At any rate, I got what I needed from this thread and hopefully the OP did as well.
Are you a customer?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png