Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Your favorite IFR single?

No it's not and it's worth every penny.My repaints are free, however...
All right. The purchase was a bit hidden. Nut currently no money for that, the new GFX card will be in first place.

i like the Carenado T210 also.....very nice gauges....although i have to say the very smoothest gauges are in the Duke Turbine. i dont care for the blurry gauges in the Lancair though.
That's gotta be a system issue, the Lancair's gauges are some of the clearest I've seen. Anyway, OP the Lancair is probably not what you're looking for considering you wrote the SF260 is too fast. Try out Carenado's new Beech A36.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looking for a good simple single for use in staring at the panel for long periods..... ;) Ok if you include add-ons (e.g. RealityXP). Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks,Andrew
For me that's an easy one: REALAIR SF260

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey all, Yeah, the SF260 is beautiful but way too fast... I think. Part of my hesitation is that I can't find a POH for it. Ryan's right - Lancair is probably too fast too. Carenado makes some beautiful stuff... the Commander 114 is ranking up there for me. I guess I'm looking for something similar to something I may fly locally - that being a simple single. Believe it or not, since it's for learning IFR I'm not particularly interested in "automatic" inclusion of a Garmin system, though I do own the RealityXP one because the Katana I fly has one. The RealAir twins are unbelievable, but I'm not into twins yet... Still lots of reading here. [edit] just noticed the Commander radios are singles (no standby freqs)... oh well. The 210 looks pretty sweet. Guess I could leave the 530 off and just use the 430 as a head. Of course, I could also use it as... wait for it... a GPS ;)

Cannot disagree with many of the one's already mentioned...glad to see the Viking got a vote....but another great 'long flight single' is the Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 Turbo. I have an RXP 430 utilized in the #1 slot.

The default C172! Yeah, I said it. It's perfect for what I need... And it performs surprisingly close to the 172N model I used for my instrument rating.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I use the default 172 all the time - Love it, mostly... I just don't like the choppy gauges. Been thinking about replacing them with the RealityXP stuff - only catch is that it's $60 to do both the T stack and radios. Obviously, I can find a really nice aircraft (two probably) for the same amount, so I'm a bit at odds with it.

Turner112 - Without question, invest in the RealityXP Flightline-T and Flightline-N gauges to install into whatever airplane you wish. They add immersion and smoothness to your gauges without parallel, and will turn practically any airplane (including the default C-172) into a much more interesting airplane to fly. I did my flight training in a 172R, and the FlightlineT/N package really made the default 172 come alive. If you really wanted to take it to the next level, you can always add the gauges to an addon airplane which doesn't include them to up the ante. They're worth the effort and expense! -Greg

Hey all, Yeah, the SF260 is beautiful but way too fast... I think. Part of my hesitation is that I can't find a POH for it. Ryan's right - Lancair is probably too fast too. Carenado makes some beautiful stuff... the Commander 114 is ranking up there for me. I guess I'm looking for something similar to something I may fly locally - that being a simple single. Believe it or not, since it's for learning IFR I'm not particularly interested in "automatic" inclusion of a Garmin system, though I do own the RealityXP one because the Katana I fly has one. The RealAir twins are unbelievable, but I'm not into twins yet... Still lots of reading here. [edit] just noticed the Commander radios are singles (no standby freqs)... oh well. The 210 looks pretty sweet. Guess I could leave the 530 off and just use the 430 as a head. Of course, I could also use it as... wait for it... a GPS ;)
Despite the radios in the Commander I would still give it a close look. It's one of Carenado's better all-around offerings and it has 3D gauges (so you don't need the RealityXP stuff). It doesn't have the RXP Garmin capability which is fine with me because I have a real GPSmap 196 running in Sim Mode connected to the computer and it's a perfect fit for the Commander, which has a simulated 296 in the panel. Awesome.

For my taste - definitely Carenado Mooney.

I like the Lionheart Quest Kodiak for a single turbine.For a recip prop, I really enjoy the Carenado F33 Bonanza.

Looking for a good simple single for use in staring at the panel for long periods..... ;)Ok if you include add-ons (e.g. RealityXP).Any recommendations appreciated.Thanks,Andrew
Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 with dual RXP GNS430 WAAS units...DJ

For the record... I decided to sort of make my own. I purchased the RealityXP T and N lines (I already owned the GNS 430) and created what I'm using now, which is a two-monitor setup. I created a "blank" background for the main instruments - just a dark grey textured panel onto which I put the basic stuff. an on the monitor on the right I run the radio stack 430, and a relatively small out-the-window view.I'm keeping just about everything turned down to bare minimums, except scenery complexity is up for airport buildings and environs, and I'll likely turn ground textures way up for the times I decide to go VFR with TileProxy or Massive Scenery.The instruments are all currently 1:1 scale and it's all 2D. I am planning on possibly getting a Matrox to run a monitor with dedicated out-the-window views, though they'll still be sparse.So... I guess there are a lot of really top notch aircraft - for now, though, turns out I needed less of an aircraft and more of a "setup" ;)Thanks for all your help. I've noted these aircraft for when I want to get some kicks.