Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

For the 2D lovers, notice anything different? :-)

What about the frame rate when the radar is on? Is there a visible impact?

James Goggi

What about the frame rate when the radar is on? Is there a visible impact?
yes, there seems to be a perf hit. Something like 37 FPS to 29 FPS with the WR installed I think I'll use the right inbound DU for the WXR: wxrngx.png [VCockpit03]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeThreebackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 47, 39, 414, 414, 2 LEFT_OUTBD #21 VCgauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 559, 41, 414, 414, 2 LEFT_INBD #22 VCgauge03=WXR!wr_display,49, 542, 414, 414, 2 RIGHT_INBD #25 VC//gauge03=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 49, 542, 414, 414, 2 RIGHT_INBD #25 VCgauge04=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 559, 542, 414, 414, 2 RIGHT_OUTBD #26 VCgauge05=Captain_Sim.r001.p04!p04_radar,49, 542, 414, 414, 2 RIGHT_INBD #25 VC Repeating myself, but thanks Jim and Dennis! :)

anyone know if it's possible to extract the weather radar in the captain sim 757 if you already own it to work as shown above?

Hi DazzFirstly thanks to the forum members for the very welcome comments they really are appreciated.As for the CS WXR surround removal, what a great idea I whish I had thought of it, as for the actual fitting of just the display you could use the numbers you have but you may find the display arc is a bit on the flat side and using the numbers from the surround should give a better type of display.For the display changed to the surround size just change the [VCockpit04] section to the one below[VCockpit04]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeFourbackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 46,41,418,418,2 UPPER #23 VCgauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 560,1,1,1,2 LOWER #24 VCgauge02=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 0,741,333,282,L #3 VCgauge03=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 334,741,333,282,R #4 VCgauge04=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_3, 0,501,1024,96,VCgauge05=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_5, 668,741,356,283,VCgauge06=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_7, 0,597,1024,145,VCgauge07=WXR!wr_display, 560, mega_shok.gif,418,294,VCI must admit that it looks a lot better this way, thanks again for the idea I appreciate it.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson
can it be done with rxp wx500? Edited by cenkcnk

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Hi CenkSorry for the delay but as I don’t actually have this gauge I have had to call on some help with this one, so between my buddy who does have the RXP unit and my sending him settings to try out we think we have a solution based on the PMDG Jetstream RXP modification, but as with the CS unit you will still have to have a pop-up 2D window to be able to switch the unit on and to alter the settings for range, gain, tilt and so on.So on with the show.First things first, this mod is no way at all supported by PMDG, so in the event of anything going pear shaped we will have to rectify any issues ourselves, that being said here we go.First of all manually add the RXP unit to a pop-up 2D window by using notepad or similar to open the panel.cfg file of the PMDG-800NGX which is in the panel folder located at….. ...[drive]:/Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG-800NGX/Panel/and adding to the [Window Titles] section at the top the following entry..WindowXX=RXP Weather RadarWith the XX's being the next available number, which with an unaltered panel should be 21Now you have to add the 2D pop-up RXP gauge itself by adding the following entry as the last entry prior to any of the Virtual Cockpit entries, and making sure that the XX's in this entry match the number you entered previously for the 2D pop-up entry in the [Window Titles] section[WindowXX]window_pos=0.609375,0.000000window_size=0.390625,0.488281visible=1ident=15500zorder=99gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,100,100Now for the main event, adding the gauge itself to the Virtual CockpitFor the display to be changed RXPWXR unit just change the entry for the [VCockpit04] section to the one below[VCockpit04]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeFourbackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 46,41,418,418,2 UPPER #23 VCgauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 560,1,1,1,2 LOWER #24 VCgauge02=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 0,741,333,282,L #3 VCgauge03=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 334,741,333,282,R #4 VCgauge04=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_3, 0,501,1024,96,VCgauge05=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_5, 668,741,356,283,VCgauge06=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_7, 0,597,1024,145,VCgauge07=rxpWX500!RDR, 530,66,486,378,VCnow the most important part the RXPSTACK.ini file.Open the aircraft folder of an aircraft that you have already added the RXP Weather gauge to and copy the RXPSTACK.ini file to the PMDG-800NGX folder, once you have done that open the file again using notepad or similar and replace the existing entry with the following…[sETTINGS]Wx500Popup=15500NoFrame=OnAnd that should be that, you should be good to go he said hopefully.If you do have any problems then let me know and I will try my best to assist if I can, although it may take some time as I have to send any changes to my buddy to try and then get any remarks or suggestion back and so on, but should you have a problem I will try and keep any delay down to a minimum if I can.Don’t forget that any adjustments to the weather gauge have to be done using the 2D pop-up unit, there is just no getting around that one as far as I can make out anyway.I hope it helps, let us know how you get on.Jim Hodkinson

Edited by hodge001

what a great help!, thank you so much, can't wait to give a try.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Heavy weather :-)
I'm not interested in the radar but good work, I want to know how you got the raindrops? I thought this wasnt capable in the ngx

I'm not interested in the radar but good work, I want to know how you got the raindrops? I thought this wasnt capable in the ngx
that screenshot is the 2D panel, it has always shown raindrops

Great mod, thank you!I always thought that it's better to have a "radar" than no radar at all. It's part of the plane and it adds a realistic look to the panel. ALSO, it's more accurate than most people think - How do they do it i don't know, but it does work good enough.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

HiYou are more than welcome, and thank you for the generous comments and for the feedback, both are really appreciated, and even more so on the RXP modification, as I mentioned in the post I don’t actually have hat gauge so I have not seen this one in the flesh so to speak and feedback like yours is really the only way to know that it works out OK for the RXP users, thanks again for taking the time out to post them both.By the way I should have added to the installation instructions that the original DU that was in the location now taken up by the WXR is still available for use, as the original hidden click spot is still there and functioning as is the pop-up gauge, sorry about that I got a bit involved in trying to get the gauge installation instructions right and I can only concentrate on one thing at once nowadays.As for the question on the weather depiction I would rather not get drawn into that one, I just did the modification just to see if it could be done without causing a problem, and your right it does add a bit to the look of an already outstanding aircraft and panel.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Jim,here is my last question, is there a way to integrate rxp wx500 to left monitor, like the picture below (this pic is about pmdg 737 fs9 panel)wx2.jpg

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

HiI suppose you could do that, but you would lose your main navigation display, except of course for the enlarged pop-up version, however if what you mean is can you overlay the WXR gauge on top of the navigation display and still be able to use both, then I'm afraid the answer is no as the WXR gauge is not a transparent unit, at least not the CS version anyway, and the RXP unit is a .dll file and as such is not editable, and even if it was you would almost certainly be violating some section of the licence agreement if you did it, so to sum up, either of these units used this way would just block the navigation display anyway, and of the two gauges I would have thought that the main navigation display would be the more important of the two.If however you do want to replace your navigation display with the WXR then I could try out some settings and get them tested for you, just let me know.Not much help I know, but the only other version of a weather gauge I know of that was used to overlay a navigation display was the now long defunct AoG FSWR2100 gauge that was modified to be used on the Level-D aircraft (and was standard on the old PSS Airbus I think), and even with that one there were problems of system crashes when it was installed, sorry about that but at present an overlay just is not possible as far as I am aware anyway.Jim Hodkinson

jim, i have tried the configs you gave and it worked like a charm on lower du!thank you very very much.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Jim, a little off topic but do you know if this method can be used on the lds 767 vc?

Edited by flyguy172