Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

For the 2D lovers, notice anything different? :-)

Re: wx diversions... Normally crews will not use the offset function, but instead use heading select to steer around the bad parts. ATC will issue xx miles left and/or right of track, but this is simply to ensure separation assurance with aircraft on other tracks and does not imply the crew will fully utilise the offset. To go all the way to the maximum extend of the offset clearance would probably be a waste of time and fuel when the pilots are perfectly capable of clearing the storm by use of the WX display.

Depends on so much, you simply cannot generalize. You might even have to climb to a different FL, divert for more than XXnm, descend, divert completely...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Looks great and i never used the lower DU for anything anyway, now it's useful
You never use the lower DU to check your control surfaces?!Remind me never to fly on your airline!! :)

I used Captain Sim's on my 737s and i control it with the 2D popup. Looks great and i never used the lower DU for anything anyway, now it's useful :( wxr.jpg
Hi.Can you send me settings how you did that? Mine looks very small and yours fit the screen perfect. Also how do you control it in 2D? I am new with WX radar so have no idea how to do that. Not much info in CS manual. Also do you know how to get rid of those red TCAS bars on CA and FO PFDs? They came up right after radar installation.Appreciate that.
Hi JimThe only panel.cfg file that you need to change is the one in the 800NGX folder, all the other aircraft variants call this folder for the panel, now if you are using a standard installation of the PMDGNGX without any other panel or gauge add-ons then I could if you are still having an issue changing the panel.cfg file send you an already modified panel.cfg file if you wish me to, just let me know and I will get right onto it, it's really not a problem to do as I would rather you asked for assistance than get in a mess due to getting the panel.cfg file entries wrong.Let me know how you want to go on from here.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim.I followed carefully all those settings in your post above and looks not bad. But radar in lower DU is a bit small. Can I expand it to fit the screen? Also how can I get rid of those TCAS red bars on CA/FO PFDs? They came up right after installation and won't go away.Thank buddy.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

You never use the lower DU to check your control surfaces?!
Nope, one of those things i just don't care about, i don't deal with failures.
Hi.Can you send me settings how you did that?
Sure!Here are the sections that matter, so you can compare with yours:window06=Aft Overheadwindow07=Overhead Lightswindow08=Weather Radar (so it can be activated with SHIFT-9 easily)window09=MCP (full)window10=Radios This is how window08 looks, i made it REALLY small as i have a 2560x1440 monitor and readability is excellent://// CS Weather Radar//[Window08]size_mm=405,386position=2background_color=1,1,1visible=0ident=11223zorder=1gauge00=WXR!wr_display, 68,32,274,279gauge01=Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar, 0,0,405,386 And finally, the VC section so it fits nicely on the Lower DU:[VCockpit04]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeFourbackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 46, 41, 418, 418, 2 UPPER #23 VCgauge01=WXR!wr_display, 560,41,418,414//gauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 560, 41, 418, 414, 2 LOWER #24 VCgauge02=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 0, 741, 333, 282, L #3 VCgauge03=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 334, 741, 333, 282, R #4 VCgauge04=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_3, 0, 501,1024, 96, VCgauge05=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_5, 668, 741, 356, 283, VCgauge06=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_7, 0, 597, 1024,145, VC Hope this helps!

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi JimThe post above has an excellent panel.cfg entry, in fact I will probably borrow that one if I may, and that entry for the WXR size would more than suit your needs, although I did leave the lower DU in place as I was not sure if there was or is any systems programming dependent on it being in place, so I just made it that small that you can not see it, and as for the appearance of the TCAS bars I have to admit that has got me a bit puzzled as all you have done is to add a gauge, no more no less, it is not as though you have deleted anything that the PDMG systems may be dependent on, do they appear immediately the 737 is launched or is it after the twenty or so second initialisation period, also and sorry for asking but do you have any other additions to the 737 installed, and finally could you tell me which entries you managed to add to your panel.cfg file just so we are both on the same page so to speak.It is as I say a bit puzzling but I am sure we can find out what it is.Jim Hodkinson

Now that i looked again into my config, i was wondering what does the "2 LOWER #24 VC" do... I'll have to add this to the WXR gauge, it will probably make it cycle like the previous one.

HiThe entry I used for the lower DU of…gauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 560,1,1,1,2 LOWER #24 VCjust makes the lower DU one pixel by two pixels, which if you could read it would still function and you would also have extremely good eyesight, the only reason for doing it this way was to avoid any possible problems with an aircraft as complex as the NGX, as although it may only be an engine / system stat readout you never know what other programming has had to be added for the NGX to function, so it is just a safer way to do the modification, as for the other parts of the entry the VC usually means that the gauge is only active when in the VC view and not say in the spot view, the #24 is I think a way of prioritising the gauges, I think that it was along the lines that you are thinking of, but there was a posting on this on page two of this post that probably explains it a lot better than I could do.Jim Hodkinson

Hi JimThe post above has an excellent panel.cfg entry, in fact I will probably borrow that one if I may, and that entry for the WXR size would more than suit your needs, although I did leave the lower DU in place as I was not sure if there was or is any systems programming dependent on it being in place, so I just made it that small that you can not see it, and as for the appearance of the TCAS bars I have to admit that has got me a bit puzzled as all you have done is to add a gauge, no more no less, it is not as though you have deleted anything that the PDMG systems may be dependent on, do they appear immediately the 737 is launched or is it after the twenty or so second initialisation period, also and sorry for asking but do you have any other additions to the 737 installed, and finally could you tell me which entries you managed to add to your panel.cfg file just so we are both on the same page so to speak.It is as I say a bit puzzling but I am sure we can find out what it is.Jim Hodkinson
Jim.Red TCAS bars appear right after airplane was powered up. Unfortunately I had to throw the original panel.cfg file back because it was no go situations. PFDs were dead, no readings. I changed only those lines in cfg files as was described above. May be I will have to try it one more time.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi EdI have to say that what you are experiencing is a bit intriguing, but let me have a go with your panel.cfg and try to work out what if anything the issue is with your file entries.Jim Hodkinson

Thanks to Nuno for the mod, I haven't flown out yet, but it sure works good when still on the ground.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Would there be room for it in the pedestal, between the HGS panel and the transponder?

pmdgs.jpg

Help me, please. I need weather radar for 1 or 2 position.

Hi

Unfortunately those areas are not mapped to accept any gauges, you can only place a gauge in the VC in an area where a gauge has already been mapped to, sorry about that as I know this was not the answer you were hoping for.

Jim Hodkinson