Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

For the 2D lovers, notice anything different? :-)

Jay, I have CS Radar. How shall I install to same panel you installed?Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I would be grateful if someone who is in the know could provide maybe a walkthrough of how to do this for the VC, and also a link on where to download the module.Thanks in advance if someone would do that.

Jay, I have CS Radar. How shall I install to same panel you installed?Thanks
Open the CS Radar editor then select the NGX and install it. Since all varients are aliased to the same panel, it will install it to all of them. Then when in the plane, go to VIEWS/ Instrument Panel and select the radar. Open it and move it to where you want it, resize it to fit, and your done. I kinda 'cheat', I use a program called 'Panel Store' and the first time I use a panel, I right click and undock it, then move and resize it and save it, the next time it just hit 'panel restore' and it automatically puts it where I set it, no moving or resizing needed.
I would be grateful if someone who is in the know could provide maybe a walkthrough of how to do this for the VC, and also a link on where to download the module. Thanks in advance if someone would do that.
Its on the Captain Sim site...9 EU's or $13 USD It's a 2D popup that is independant of other panels. I dont know it 'Panel Studio' or other programs would let you 'imbed' it.

Jay

Hi If anybody does want to add the CS WXR gauge to the VC of the 737NGX, well it's perfectly possible to do and the amendments needed to the panel.cfg file are below, you may notice that I have not actually removed the lower DU from the VC, the reason being that on complex aircraft like the PMDG offerings you never know what gauges are dependent on other gauges being present so it's just safer to reduce the size of the lower DU gauge to 1 pixel X 1 pixel and leave it in the panel, although the pop-up version of the DU is still available using the hot spot where the gauge was originally. I have also added a pop-up window for the CS gauge, as you will need it to alter any of the setting on the WXR gauge as the VC version will not allow you to use the CS controls of the unit, possibly again because of the complex lighting gauges that are spread about the cockpit blocking the CS controls by overlaying those gauges on top of the CS unit, I really don’t know on that one it's just my best guess, but using the pop-up version is not to much of a problem as you could always assign o key or button to open the 2D WXR window when needed. Well that’s about enough waffle so on with the show, the installation instructions. First and foremost PLEASE make a backup of your existing panel.cfg file and save it to a safe location, just in case things go pear shaped. With that out of the way here we go..Using notepad or similar open the PMDG 737-800NGX panel.cfg file and add to the [Window Titles] section the following entry..Window21=CS Weather Radar Then you will need to actually add the pop-up CSWXR window and gauge by adding window21 to the panel.cfg file as follows.. //--------------------------------------------------------[Window21]Background_color=1,1,1size_mm=445,386window_size_ratio=1.000 position=2visible=0ident=11223window_size= 0.290, 0.323window_pos= 0.650, 0.020zorder=8gauge00=WXR!wr_display, 81,38,288,272gauge01=Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar, 1,1,443,384gauge02=PMDG_WXR_Toggle!WXR_Toggle, 92,60,254,230//-------------------------------------------------------- Now you need to add the entry for the VC gauge so you will need to alter the [VCockpit04] section as below.. [VCockpit04]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$GaugeFourbackground_color=0,0,0gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 46,41,418,418,2 UPPER #23 VCgauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, 560,1,418,1,2 LOWER #24 VCgauge02=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 0,741,333,282,L #3 VCgauge03=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_Screen, 334,741,333,282,R #4 VCgauge04=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_3, 0,501,1024,96,VCgauge05=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_5, 668,741,356,283,VCgauge06=PMDG_737NGX!VCAnnunciations_7, 0,597,1024,145,VCgauge07=Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar, 560,80,418,294,VCgauge08=WXR!wr_display, 629,110,280,195,VC And that should be it, you should be good to go. I hope it's of some use, and although I am by far no panel guru, I just do these for my own use really, but if you should have a problem then just let me know and I will try and help if I can. Take care, and have fun. Jim Hodkinson

An extremely biased opinion follows. If you can't let other people's opinions slide off as simply their opinion and nothing more, don't read this post: Grats - you just wiped out your secondary STAT/ENG page for "weather." I've managed to keep myself to a "to each his own" mentality when looking at what I (note the I, as in personal opinion) view as a terrible addition to the panel with the addition of the various "weather" gauges, but to take out a functional bit to tell you important info about your aircraft to fit in "radar"...

Kyle Rodgers

Isn't it possible to place the CS radar on top of the integrated standby indicator, like the first screenshot but in the VC?

James Goggi

Would there be room for it in the pedestal, between the HGS panel and the transponder?

As mentioned the secondary STAT/ENG page of the lower DU is still available using the original pop-up gauge, as for the rest it's really simple don’t add it to your panel, job done. I had a feeling that posting this might cause a reaction similar to this but decided that as others seemed to want to know how to do it I would try and help by posting the instructions, but I will know better the next time thanks for the education. Jim Hodkinson

As mentioned the secondary STAT/ENG page of the lower DU is still available using the original pop-up gauge, as for the rest it's really simple don’t add it to your panel, job done. I had a feeling that posting this might cause a reaction similar to this but decided that as others seemed to want to know how to do it I would try and help by posting the instructions, but I will know better the next time thanks for the education. Jim Hodkinson
Well Jim, for what it's worth I very much appreciate your contribution here to this thread. Actually I guess I could try and resize the gauge and move it to the pedestal or whatever.Can it be cropped so that only the screen shows up? I mean if the buttons won't work in the VC anyway... EDIT: I take it the gauge gauge08=WXR!wr_display, 629,110,280,195,VC is the display itself?

Jim, dont let one opinion get to you, pleanty of users appreciate your help.

Jay

Jim and Jay, Such information is always welcome and thanks for the heads up. Very interesting indeed and please ignore those with lesser tolerance and manners. Gerry