Sign in to follow this  
monitron

Oil levels dropping on pause.

This is the second time now I have had to pause my flight for an extended time and when I have come back to it the engines oil levels have dropped. My plane continues to consume oil while the flight is paused. Has anyone else noticed this? Does someone want to pause their flight over night and see if it happens for them? I swear I am not going mad! At least I hope...

OK, I'll do it. Just before T/C on flight from KSFO to KLAX. Oil pressure/temperature/quantity #1- 52/76/17 #2- 51/77/18 Good nite, see you in the am.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I have had it paused again for the last 4 hours while I went out and cooked a filthy big t-bone on the barbie, but anyway, the oil levels have dropped another 8%. My right engine is down to 28%. Is this going to cause me problems when I resume?

I have had it paused again for the last 4 hours while I went out and cooked a filthy big t-bone on the barbie, but anyway, the oil levels have dropped another 8%. My right engine is down to 28%. Is this going to cause me problems when I resume?
Dont know why it happens, but why would you want to pause it for not like it can happen in real life. Put it on auto pilot and go out cook and come back and check. Must be a big t bone steak to cook for 4 hours must have been on a slow burner ;)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Dont know why it happens, but why would you want to pause it for not like it can happen in real life. Put it on auto pilot and go out cook and come back and check. Must be a big t bone steak to cook for 4 hours must have been on a slow burner ;)
I went out AND cooked a t-bone later on, two activities over 4 hours. It was a big t-bone. Tender too! But you know how it is, sometimes you just want to fly but the wife nags you to go out or something. My flight was from Sydney to Hobart, autopilot for that long would have flown half way to Antarctica and then crashed in the Southern Ocean.

I went out AND cooked a t-bone later on, two activities over 4 hours. It was a big t-bone. Tender too! But you know how it is, sometimes you just want to fly but the wife nags you to go out or something. My flight was from Sydney to Hobart, autopilot for that long would have flown half way to Antarctica and then crashed in the Southern Ocean.
Could have set the fmc to a holding pattern over hobart till you run out of fuel or when the wife stops nagging:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nope, sorry. Woke up and oil is exactly the same as when I went to bed. Do you have random failures turned on? Might have to come over and test out your T bone, as I suspect there might be some beer that goes with it?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I tried taking off & the sim has been paused for a couple of days now. Engine oil was near full when I paused it & now left engine has 31 & right has -34? (yes, a negative number)Anyway, just confirmation that it isn't just you. I've noticed no other issues on my setup & probably wouldn't have noticed this one if I hadn't intentionally paused it for 2 or 3 days.800wl pmdg livery, all failures off.

I tried taking off & the sim has been paused for a couple of days now. Engine oil was near full when I paused it & now left engine has 31 & right has -34? (yes, a negative number)Anyway, just confirmation that it isn't just you. I've noticed no other issues on my setup & probably wouldn't have noticed this one if I hadn't intentionally paused it for 2 or 3 days.800wl pmdg livery, all failures off.
I least I am not going mad! So I wonder what we have about our setup that causes this?

Similar subject, start the engine start procedure and press pause, the sequence continues even when paused, the gauges still rise, unpause a minute later and engine controls don't work correctly. It's not the same but it's an issue with pause/engines that may be related, no big deal though.

-Iain Watson-

Similar subject, start the engine start procedure and press pause, the sequence continues even when paused, the gauges still rise, unpause a minute later and engine controls don't work correctly. It's not the same but it's an issue with pause/engines that may be related, no big deal though.
I think the two are related. A lot of the ngx functions go beyond the scope of fsx sdk. Perhaps there are some timers/counters at work that keep going even when the sim is paused? I'm not a programmer & know very little about the inner workings of the ngx, so this is nothing more than a guess.

I have had the oil quantity quirk happen as well. I'm wondering if it's with service based failures turned on.

Mark Hager

What does it mean that the oil quantity is -34? Surely pmdg havent let that one slip by, with their high fidelity systems simulations and all.

What does it mean that the oil quantity is -34? Surely pmdg havent let that one slip by, with their high fidelity systems simulations and all.
Well I haven't unpaused it yet. Presumably once it reaches 0 or some low positive number the engine would fail or shut down. It's very doubtful that oil would go negative in any situation except leaving it paused an unrealistic period of time (3 days in my case)

I least I am not going mad! So I wonder what we have about our setup that causes this?
Have you opened a support ticket on this? It's a bit of an oddball that may have slipped by unnoticed.